Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I agree once Hill came forward politics prob. took over and unfortunately that always happens. However, at this point 7-8? investigations have found nothing and the time to drop it has long past by (not move on to looking at emails). I don't think there was ever any evidence Clinton ordered the military to stand down.
Has Hilary testified under oath, about Benghazi yet? I doubt she told the military to stand down. I'd like to know why she authorized the State Dept to say it was all a reaction to a youtube video, when no one in their right mind really thought that. That's a fair question (I think), and she has to explain her actions on that front if she wants to be POTUS.

If it turns out to be nothing more than a political witchhunt, the Republicans should have to answer for that. We have too many huge problems to fix, to spend resources on a political attack.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Has Hilary testified under oath, about Benghazi yet? I doubt she told the military to stand down. I'd like to know why she authorized the State Dept to say it was all a reaction to a youtube video, when no one in their right mind really thought that. That's a fair question (I think), and she has to explain her actions on that front if she wants to be POTUS.

If it turns out to be nothing more than a political witchhunt, the Republicans should have to answer for that. We have too many huge problems to fix, to spend resources on a political attack.
Perhaps we need an investigation to uncover why so many people continue to believe non-scandals that have already been investigated. Hell, even the GOP led House investigation cleared the White House and CIA...yet you still believe.

And in the past two weeks:

1) The man in line to take the Speaker's gavel admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

2) A former investigator of the Select Committee admits it's politically motivated

3) Another GOP House member admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

What a waste of taxpayer money. Where's the order to stand down???

Last edited by spence; 10-15-2015 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps we need an investigation to uncover why so many people continue to believe non-scandals that have already been investigated. Hell, even the GOP led House investigation cleared the White House and CIA...yet you still believe.

1) The man in line to take the Speaker's gavel admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

2) A former investigator of the Select Committee admits it's politically motivated

3) Another GOP House member admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

Had she previously testified under oath? It's a simple question.

The fact that it's politically motivated, doesn't mean there isn't anything to see there. The hearings against Nixon and Clinton were also politically motivated, that doesn't mean there wasn't genuinely something there.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

In one of these threads, you said the Planned Parenthood videos had been discredited. Funny, since PP just announced that they will no longer be engaging in the exact behavior that the videos revealed.

In other words, PP basically said "we didn't do any of those things that are in the videos, and in addition, we won't be doing those things anymore."

Makes sense.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In one of these threads, you said the Planned Parenthood videos had been discredited. Funny, since PP just announced that they will no longer be engaging in the exact behavior that the videos revealed.
The videos were edited to imply a profit motive that doesn't exist.

The decision to deny reimbursement isn't an admission, it's asserting their position that this is about science and not money.

You can still be against abortion and admit you're 100% wrong here.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
The videos were edited to imply a profit motive that doesn't exist.

The decision to deny reimbursement isn't an admission, it's asserting their position that this is about science and not money.

You can still be against abortion and admit you're 100% wrong here.
So it all comes down to whether or not there was profit, or just enough to cover expenses?

I have no problem with valid scientific research, and the tissue has to come from somewhere. What repulsed me, and many others, was the casual, inhuman attitude of the ghouls that work there, talking flippantly about butchering babies over wine, while discussing sports cars. Maybe that's what all scientists do. It was ugly. And I'm not wrong in stating that.