Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
wdmso

Trump reverses course in 24 hours

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39591032

He declared Nato was "no longer obsolete"

and dropped his pledge to declare China a currency manipulator.

Mr Trump also said he was no longer opposed to a federal exports agency he once dismissed as "unnecessary".

Used to blast Janet Yellen, head of the Federal Reserve, but now says he respects her

On his first day, he signed a memo ordering a freeze on federal hires, but by April that was gone

So has he lied

or evolved

or Amateur hour

or have flips flops suddenly become fashionable when a POTUS with a R besides his name wears them ?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39591032

He declared Nato was "no longer obsolete"

The obsolescence became obsolete.

and dropped his pledge to declare China a currency manipulator.

Made a deal.

Mr Trump also said he was no longer opposed to a federal exports agency he once dismissed as "unnecessary".

He is not as steadfast in his oppositions as you are.

Used to blast Janet Yellen, head of the Federal Reserve, but now says he respects her

Apparently, like most folks, he can occasionally blast someone he respects.

On his first day, he signed a memo ordering a freeze on federal hires, but by April that was gone

That which is frozen will eventually, or usually, melt.

So has he lied

or evolved

or Amateur hour

or have flips flops suddenly become fashionable when a POTUS with a R besides his name wears them ?
He can walk and chew gum at the same time?

Last edited by detbuch; 04-13-2017 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Nebe

Remember what a huge deal it was when John Kerry "flip flopped on Iraq ? The GOP supporters basically said it was a disqualifier for him and showed the world how weak he was and not prepaired to lead.

But now it's ok. Got it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He is on a steep learning curve, governing isn't like running a business.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Remember what a huge deal it was when John Kerry "flip flopped on Iraq ? The GOP supporters basically said it was a disqualifier for him and showed the world how weak he was and not prepaired to lead.

But now it's ok. Got it.
Well, it was OK with the Dems when Kerry did it. So I guess it's now OK with the Repubs when Trump does it. Or . . . OK with some of the Repubs--they're not as unified as the Dems are.

Seems like that's the eternal and actual flip-flop. When the flip of party in power happens, get ready for the flop.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The Parties suck..... I was never in the Democratic camp. I have leaned towards the Republican right, and was brought up in a Republican household. BUT this edition of the Republican party (as well as many of the recent past) in no way reflects anything I can identify or associate myself with as supporting. It is all about winning. Not working. Together. For the good of the country. Which is what I believe they are supposed to do. Instead, they are ALL held accountable to a party line that, if they cross, will end up penalizing them, personally and financially, as well as those who they represent.... Political parties are not supposed to win. The populace is supposed to win..... The country needs to impose congressional term limits and blow up the party system.

Maybe this rant should have gone in another thread, but there it is.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I thought the hiring freeze was only for 90 days.....unfroze it a few days early....that's about it.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:30 AM   #8
wdmso

I think sums it up..

As the 100-day marker of Trump's presidency approaches, the shifting raises questions about what Trump really intends to do as president with the rest of his time in office. Does he even know? Or is he — and now the country — simply at the mercy of his instinctual whims and latest conversations?

of All the responses the best by far is "it Shows he can walk and chew gum at the same time " LOL such a coveted skill that Trump possess
Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #9
buckman

Quote:
I think sums it up..

As the 100-day marker of Trump's presidency approaches, the shifting raises questions about what Trump really intends to do as president with the rest of his time in office. Does he even know? Or is he — and now the country — simply at the mercy of his instinctual whims and latest conversations?

of All the responses the best by far is "it Shows he can walk and chew gum at the same time " LOL such a coveted skill that Trump possess
You just hate white people
Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #10
PaulS

Now after complaining about Yellen keeping rates artifically low, he wants them to stay low.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
As the 100-day marker of Trump's presidency approaches, the shifting raises questions about what Trump really intends to do as president with the rest of his time in office.

In specific situations, it seems he keeps his opponents off balance first by not telegraphing his intentions, and second by being unpredictable.

His overall stated intention of making the country great again by making it more business friendly, securing our defenses internally and externally, and returning power from the central government back to the people by loosening overregulation and nominating constitutionalists to the Supreme Court, is still tracking, even though the repeal of the ACA is a struggle.

Does he even know? Or is he — and now the country — simply at the mercy of his instinctual whims and latest conversations?

We can not know, but we can hope that with another nomination or two to the Supreme Court, the country will revert more to rule of law. And that we will not be as much as we are now at the mercy of unconstitutional legislation from the bench by Progressive judicial rulings based on personal (instinctual) whims and latest conversations on so-called social justice.

We can hope that our country's heading into centralized despotism can be reversed, and the original separation of powers can be restored to its true function.

I'm glad you laughed. That was my intention.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You just hate white people

Classic