Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 07-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Nascar going down the tubes

Kyle Busch wrecks youngster Kyle Larson on last lap after getting passed..... Lack of rules and penalties sucks. Losing interest...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Lost interest decades ago, but that is a shame it is faltering

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
basswipe

Don't forget Larson did the same exact thing to Busch the lap before.To many rules imo,its so micro managed its sickening.The whole "play-off "format sucks.Stage racing sucks.

Once Gordon retired I was done anyways...he was the last of the truly old school drivers.The 70s-90s were great years for racing.

I will probably catch the last few laps at Kentucky tonite but that's about it.

"It ain't cheating unless you get caught!"When that was the attitude,Nascar was at its best.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

If you have to wreck someone in order to pass them, that is BS.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #5
BMEUPSCOTTY

Rubbin's racin' 😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
If you have to wreck someone in order to pass them, that is BS.
Dale Earnhardt won many a race doing exactly that,it was his signature.Nothing new to racing,its been happening since racing began.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Dale Earnhardt won many a race doing exactly that,it was his signature.Nothing new to racing,its been happening since racing began.
Doesn't make it right or admirable.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Back in the day he came to my hometown and raced modifieds as a guest driver. Broke every rule on the track.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #9
basswipe

Quote:
Doesn't make it right or admirable.
I agree but nobody would've ever watched if those kind of moments didn't happen.Think about the 79 Daytona 500,what if that moment had never happened?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Pffft. Don't even know what happened. I am/was a casual fan who admires speed and skill of drivers at speed. Key word; skill.

Rule changes as a sport evolves makes for a better sport, in most cases. Nascar does not have rules on track. Same rules as chariots in ancient Rome... wreck 'em you win. And Kyle Busch needs someone to eff him up....

Old 07-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #11
basswipe

Quote:
I am/was a casual fan who admires speed and skill of drivers at speed. Key word; skill.

Rule changes as a sport evolves makes for a better sport, in most cases. Nascar does not have rules on track. Same rules as chariots in ancient Rome... wreck 'em you win. And Kyle Busch needs someone to eff him up....
Quote:
Pffft. Don't even know what happened.
Exactly my point.Google 79 Daytona 500.

If you admire speed and skill and think these guys lack it then you really are a casual fan.

Same rules as ancient chariots...not really.The amount of on track rules is bigger than the US tax code,its so micro-managed its sickening.

Outside of recently retired drivers like Gordon and Jr. and current drivers like Harvick and Truex,Kyle Busch though not the most likable is one on the most skilled drivers to EVER sit behind the wheel.

As far Nascar going down the tubes I would agree but it has nothing to do with how drivers like Busch drive,its the insane amount of rules and the stupidity of the playoff system and stage racing.The longtime hardcore fans like myself can't stand this type of crap racing.

Simply put:just let them race.

Last edited by basswipe; 07-22-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Sorry. Not buying what you are selling. Busch drove deliberately into the rear of Larson's car with the intent to wreck him on the last half of the last lap of the race. He did it, spun the car down the track and ended up with the win. That is BS. That is not door to door racing. Kyle is a punk, narcissist, no matter his driving skill. Whining about too many rules in place rings empty when they can't even police that BS.