Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

With all the unemployment around why dont

a group of people, maybe a hundred or so, start a class action law suit, and sue Governor Patrick for not offering any of the jobs he has filled with his allready employed cronys/friends to one of the unemployed. He has given away almost 2000 positions to people simply because they worked on his campaign, not because they are qualified. There have to be many qualified, even moreso than his appointments, to some, most, or all of the positions he has filled. For someone , who "cares" about his minions and one who espouses the shared sacrifice we all must bear, why is it these positions aren't advertised in newspapers and awarded on the basis that the person most qualified gets hired, just like private industry. If I was one of the unemployed, or underemployed and new that Governor Patrick once oversaw, at Coca Colas national headquaters, intra-company discrimination problems, I would be nonplussed to the point of exasperation. There must be an ACLU attorney around that would grab at this idea.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

you think an ACLU lawyer would ever go against Patrick? They're too racist to do that.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Last edited by Slipknot; 04-22-2009 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: grow up

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Crunch View Post
nothing to look at here, move along
Stay classy.

Last edited by Slipknot; 04-22-2009 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: cpt.crunch is on a leave of absence

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Stay classy.

I can't believe my post brought that reply

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I can't either Frank
Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I can't believe my post brought that reply
Mine? Mine was in reply to his. Which was in reply to yours.

So how exactly, being unemployed with no income do you propose people find a lawyer and pay them to handle a class action suit? Lawyers aren't free.

You might eventually get some free legal advice, but they're certainly not going to do the leg work for nothing.

I think finding a new job would be a bit more important than perpetuating the sue happy world we live in.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Mine? Mine was in reply to his. Which was in reply to yours.

So how exactly, being unemployed with no income do you propose people find a lawyer and pay them to handle a class action suit? Lawyers aren't free.

You might eventually get some free legal advice, but they're certainly not going to do the leg work for nothing.

I think finding a new job would be a bit more important than perpetuating the sue happy world we live in.
Likwid I just realized I quoted your post and not the racist reply from Capt. Crunch, sorry for the confusion.

While I agree with you Likwid, you have to say that in theory doing what I suggest is certainly appropriate, and just, regardless of who the governor is.

It must be disgusting to see individuals gain employment with the state just because they volunteered to drive the governor around, or made cold calls, or stood holding a sign, when they themselves are supremely more qualified for the same job. This isn't directed at any one political faction. It something I have been annoyed with for years. Every taxpayer funded position should be advertised, or to get the job, a written exam should be given and from those results, plus interviews, the jobs should be awarded. From what I have read, and through personal contact I have had with members of the ACLU, this is exactly the type of cause they could take up, and score huge public relation points with a broad spectrum of our population. Sometimes suing, while burdensome to the system, its the only real way to bring equality to a system set up to favor the annointed and chosen few.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Whats new about this concept ? You wash my hand ,,,,, Anytime anybody runs for anything there's an army of people holding signs ,,calls ,,, whatever in hopes of being greased .. How eles is your dumbarse brother in law going to get a job ?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
Whats new about this concept ? You wash my hand ,,,,, Anytime anybody runs for anything there's an army of people holding signs ,,calls ,,, whatever in hopes of being greased .. How eles is your dumbarse brother in law going to get a job ?
Whose brother-in-law you talking about?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Fly Rod

Actually the Governors performence hiring of 2,000 has far out weighed the Presidents hiring of only 25 and they were goverment positions too, filled in Wisconsin I do believe. The President still has 375,975,000 more. So it does show that he is filling one of his campaign pledges.

Last edited by Fly Rod; 04-26-2009 at 09:10 AM..