Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Why I hate democrats

How can these people live with themselves, do they actually beleive this guys should LIVE ? Great job Corzine, you encated a law that benefits the people that perform heinous crimes, hooray for the liberals! Think with their hearts and not their minds.....

TRENTON, New Jersey (CNN) -- The man who raped and killed 7-year-old Megan Kanka -- the 1994 crime that inspired "Megan's Law" -- is one of eight men whose sentences were commuted to life in prison this week as part of New Jersey's new ban on execution.

Megan Kanka's killer, Jesse Timmendequas, is among eight men whose sentences were commuted to life.

1 of 2 The Garden State on Monday became the first state in more than three decades to abolish the death penalty after a commission ruled the punishment is "inconsistent with evolving standards of decency."

Gov. Jon Corzine the day before commuted the sentences of eight men sitting on the state's death row. They will now serve life in prison without parole, according to the governor's office.

Among the eight is Jesse Timmendequas, 46, who was sentenced to death in June 1997 for Megan's murder.

Prosecutors said Timmendequas lured Megan to his home by saying he wanted to show her a puppy. He then raped her, beat her and strangled her with a belt. A day later, he led police to her body.

"Megan's Law," introduced after her death, requires that authorities notify neighbors when a sex offender moves into an area. Timmendequas had twice been convicted of sex crimes -- on 5- and 7-year-olds -- before he murdered Megan.

In signing Monday's bill, Corzine called it a "momentous day" and made New Jersey the first state to ban capital punishment since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated it in 1976.

Don't Miss
Lawmakers vote to abolish death penalty
"It's a day of progress for the state of New Jersey and for the millions of people across our nation and around the globe who reject the death penalty as a moral or practical response to the grievous, even heinous, crime of murder," Corzine said.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Skip N

Makes me sick, that SOB was sentenced to death, his sentence should be carried out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
PaulS

That's funny, the reason that I have learned to hate most pubes the last few years is that they tend to show their classlessness by posting articles entitled "Why I hate democrats".
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Well,
As a Dem. I favor selected death for crimes.
Rape/kill a child is one, shooting cops, and others. I have no problem with it.
Don't lump us all in Jim, some of us get 'it'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

But you'd never see that thing happen on the dark side Bryan.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That's funny, the reason that I have learned to hate most pubes the last few years is that they tend to show their classlessness by posting articles entitled "Why I hate democrats".
pube? If the word "hate" is too strong for you....try talking to the parents of the that girl, hows that for harsh. Maybe you can go on Oprah and complain about "classlessness"? Sorry, I have NO tolerance for the BS I've seen lately.
- banning tag at school
- banning boy scouts from collecting for soliders
- stopping kids from going to see Miracle on 34th
ALL liberal ideas that sounds all mushy and nice but in the end wind up being wrong in so many ways.
That guy that murdered and raped that girl should be skinned alive. Period. Instead he was allowed to live, read books, watch tv, write letters etc, that my friend was signed by a Dem and gets to teh core of why I LOATHE (ok, I'll compromise) MOST democrats.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
PaulS

All that hate inside you is going to eat you up!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
EarnedStripes44

Take it easy man.... Sure, the childkillers should die. However, there have been innocent people on death row. I think the logic behind Corzine's decision is based on letting the convicted serve life rather than execute someone wrongly convicted. Lots of innocent people have been sentenced to life...and death, only to have later been exonerated. And life in prison without the possibility of parole is no Embassy Suites by any stretch of the word. Believe me, that childkiller, is not going to have and easy time.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
Nebe

I forgot how much republicans want to kill people. kill kill kill.. If they are bad kill kill kill... if you think they are going to do something bad... kill kill kill...

that guy is going to spend a long time thinking about what he did.. and i am sure his life is going to be miserable. Why put him out of his misery??
Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
spence

RIJIMMY, you're pretty much off of the deep end here. It's almost as if you actually believe NJ Dem's passed this law to let a convicted child killer off the hook

When you're against the death penalty you're against it no matter what, and it's a good flipside to the staunch pro-lifers like JoeP

Sounds like the pro-death penalty crowd is just using this poor childs memory to further their cause, when in reality I'm sure her killer isn't exactly enjoying his time in prison. You do know what usually happens to child abusers in jail don't you?

-spence
Old 12-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You do know what usually happens to child abusers in jail don't you?

-spence
the same thing you tried to do to me at black rock at 1:00 am???

just kidding....
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
"uffah!!"

Democrats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a927_bm.gif
Views:	650
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	24866  

"Non temere mai Roma, il serpente rimane attorcigliato a Napoli!"
"Baci Mio Culo"
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #13
Nebe

uffah is it possible for you to speak your own thoughts or are you just stupid? flashcards went out of style when i was in the 2nd grade.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #14
Nebe

Id also like to point out that Spence has every so subtle man boobs.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #15
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
the same thing you tried to do to me at black rock at 1:00 am???

just kidding....
no you're not.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

One other comment;
N.J. hadn't executed ANYONE since JFK was in office, so this was likely more than anything a PR move; if so, nothing more than stupid politics at play.
Whatever side you fall on, this is a crappy bunch of candidates...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I look at it this way, the families of those people suiffer everyday. Those in prison, while life is miserable, can still have some pleasure,read books, whack-off, write poetry, whatever.....they should not have that right
so you dems are FOR other inmates torturing them?sounds cruel and unusual to me...
I believe some people should die and are not fit for living.
For the record, I am NOT a republican. I want the government to protect me and my family, plow my roads, empty my garbage (that includes prisons), and give me the OPPORTUNITY to live as I see fit. I'd vote for any party that stands for that.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I look at it this way, the families of those people suiffer everyday. Those in prison, while life is miserable, can still have some pleasure,read books, whack-off, write poetry, whatever.....they should not have that right
so you dems are FOR other inmates torturing them?sounds cruel and unusual to me...
I believe some people should die and are not fit for living.
For the record, I am NOT a republican. I want the government to protect me and my family, plow my roads, empty my garbage (that includes prisons), and give me the OPPORTUNITY to live as I see fit. I'd vote for any party that stands for that.
I love it.

Don't label ME a Republican, but I'm free to whitewash an entire party, if you belong or not (my choice) with my HATE because we differ on an issue.

Boy, you got problems.

Sounds like your beef is with the prison system for being too much of a cakewalk and not the Democratic party (who's walking in step with the rest of the industrialized world.)

I personally don't see how killing someone is in any way payment to society for their ill ways. I also don't believe the death penalty is a deterrent to crime.

Considering the cost of execution under our legal system is so incredibly high, that there does exist the potential to kill an innocent person and that the vast majority of countries who do still allow it are led by oppressive dictatorial regimes...Who's company do you want to keep?

It seems like the Dems in NJ had the opportunity to get this through and so they took it. Considering the considerable pain these cases do cause how infrequent they may be (TX aside), why not just remove it from the books and save everybody the cost and headache?

-spence
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I did not think republican was a label, it was a political party someone chooses, actually registers for. Its a black and white thing, you are or you arent. Since the responses to my thread targeted republicans, I just stated that I am not one, which everyone assumed. So target me, fine, but lumping me in with republicans is 100% incorrect. My voter registration ( part of the public record, not a label) is independant. Just like rudolph and hermie, I am in - dep-en-dant.
The funny thing Spence, if I remember correctly, you ARE a republican, no?

as far as whitewashing an entire party, maybe thats not fair, I should have said Democrat politicians. I hate 95% of everything they stand for on every issue. I hate 65% of what Repubs stand for, so I usually lean that way.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
stripersnipr

Quote:
I also don't believe the death penalty is a deterrent to crime.

-spence
1) It deters that individual from ever killing again (crime)
2) It deters that individual from escaping (crime)
3) It deters bleeding heart politicians from commuting that indivduals sentence (should be a crime)

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #21
PaulS

Anyone know how people those those great republican states like Kansas, Kentucky, Georgia, etc have executed in the last year?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
1) It deters that individual from ever killing again (crime)
2) It deters that individual from escaping (crime)
3) It deters bleeding heart politicians from commuting that indivduals sentence (should be a crime)
What a lame response

Yea, you really got me a good one 'eh?

-spence
Old 12-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #23
stripersnipr

Quote:
What a lame response

Yea, you really got me a good one 'eh?

-spence
You're wrong. Do the right thing and admit it.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
The funny thing Spence, if I remember correctly, you ARE a republican, no?

as far as whitewashing an entire party, maybe thats not fair, I should have said Democrat politicians. I hate 95% of everything they stand for on every issue. I hate 65% of what Repubs stand for, so I usually lean that way.
I was a registered Republican for the majority of my voting life, although I'm currently not affiliated with any party.

And I'd wager you don't disagree with Dem politicians 95% of the time. Just like the GOP there's a spectrum that's represented by elected leaders. The more liberal Democrats get most of the press as they're in opposition to the more right-wing Republicans...hey, it makes for better news don't it?

Did you know that 47 Democratic House members are part of the Blue Dog Coalition, officially stating their beliefs in fiscal conservatisim?

A lot more goes on in Washington besides what's on Rush or reported by Moveon.org.

-spence
Old 12-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #25
stripersnipr

Quote:
I was a registered Republican for the majority of my voting life, although I'm currently not affiliated with any party.

And I'd wager you don't disagree with Dem politicians 95% of the time. Just like the GOP there's a spectrum that's represented by elected leaders. The more liberal Democrats get most of the press as they're in opposition to the more right-wing Republicans...hey, it makes for better news don't it?

Did you know that 47 Democratic House members are part of the Blue Dog Coalition, officially stating their beliefs in fiscal conservatisim?

A lot more goes on in Washington besides what's on Rush or reported by Moveon.org.

-spence
Now that I agree with.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #26
Bronko

I am staying out of this one. It is CHRISTMAS after all.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 12-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
I am staying out of this one. It is CHRISTMAS after all.
yup, and for 8 murderers in jersey, what a wonderful gift they got this year!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #28
Nebe

http://www.engaged-zen.org/articles/...unishment.html
Old 12-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #29
FishermanTim

Gee, if a bear, coyote or any other land "predator" attacks a human, it is usually "put down" because that animal has made a connection between humans and food/prey.
Now these are just animals that "don't know any better".

I would think that when considering a rapist/killer, you're talking about an "animal" that should know better, and should know the difference of right from wrong. If experience has taught us anything,
it would be that once a human has killed another human (except for self defense) they have little reservations about killing another.
This is the same basis for putting animals down (see above).

I know that there are innocent people railroaded by our glorious legal system that is driven more by fame and fortune than by the search for truth and justice, but there are also those convicted by their own confessions and stupidity, and some of these persons deserve to have the sentences they were given be carried out.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #30
Skip N

Libs are anti death penalty for murderers, yet they have no problem aborting innocent babies. Makes me scratch my head.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]