Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

2 rods

OK, I have a Century on order from M&Ds, and I would like to hand Mike cash for it when it's done, instead of putting it on already-overextended plastic. So, I have two very lightly used factory rods, that I probably won't ever fish again. Asking $200 for each. Both retail new for over $300.

1). Factory Lami Super Surf model SS 101 1MH. One piece medium heavy, rated 2-6 oz, and this is an accurate 2-6 rating. This has the factory NGC guide set-up. There are a couple of very light scratches about halfway between the end of the foregrip and the first guide. The guides and wraps are in like-new condition Cork tape grip in good condition, very little if any wear. Double thick wrap on foregrip. Also has either a Fuji or Pac Bay mushroom style butt cap.

2). Factory XSRA 1205. One piece rated 1-4 oz. Interestingly, Lamiglas rates the blank for 1 to 5-1/2 oz. and it is capable of tossing 5 oz. This has the old COF aluminum oxide guides (there are Fuji guides, however). There is no rust on the guide frames, inserts are undamaged. This rod was also very lightly fished, and the blank has no scratches. The cork tape is in good shape. This rod has the factory vinyl butt cap.

These are one piece rods and the cost of shipping is very high, so it's pick-up or meet-up only. I live very close to the Canal, and am willing to drive outside the area, up to about an hour.

No pictures. They're factory rods, with factory trim and guide spacings. The wraps are still in good shape, and neither rod has any major surface scratches.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
GMAN

Mike are they spinning or conven.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
GMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
BILLC

Mikle I'll take the Super Surf. Will send pm on the exchange.
BILLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Rob Rockcrawler

Thankyou for taking that. Ive been eyeballing this thread too much...

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

OK the Super Surf is spoken for. The Arra is still up for grabs. The guides aren't the best that Fuji makes, but they're in good shape, and the blank alone retails for over $250.

GMAN, they were both spinning rods. The Arra came with a lifetime warranty, and since it's a factory rod, it should be transferable. My 1205 conventional was sold to me by the late Bob Samuelson, and it will never leave my hands.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
GMAN

Mike how does the 1205 pair with stradic 8000 Do u think is a good set up. I looking to up grade. So need ur advise
GMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Mike how does the 1205 pair with stradic 8000 Do u think is a good set up. I looking to up grade. So need ur advise
It's an old-school build, with 5 cone of flight guides. Those set-ups work well with most reels, and with both mono and braid. Many of the newer "concept" guide lay-outs are really spool-size specific. The gathering guide on this rod is a 50 mm V-framed aluminum oxide by Fuji. I think the guide model was called the BSVOG.

I think a Stradic 8000 weighs in the neighborhood of 20 oz. That reel should balance fairly well. The few times that I fished the rod, I used a Van Staal 200, which weighs about 21 oz.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Mike, I may have a good friend interested in the 1205 if Gman does not take it
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

iamskippy just sent me a PM saying he'll take it. No one made a commitment in the thread before him, so he has first crack at it. I'm not up on John's rules here as to PM acceptance, but since he said he wants it, and no one else has said definitely, it's his.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #10
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
iamskippy just sent me a PM saying he'll take it. No one made a commitment in the thread before him, so he has first crack at it. I'm not up on John's rules here as to PM acceptance, but since he said he wants it, and no one else has said definitely, it's his.
thanks Mike!
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote