Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
RickBomba

Vote Hard

If the rest of you guys and girls are fed up, like me, please encourage all your friends to vote hard.

Absentee ballots
Early voting

Hell, I’d even drive potential voters to the polls in my truck.

Vote hard, jerks! Your life depends on it!

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 07-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Vote Early, Vote Often!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Vote Early, Vote Often!
Hells yes!

Old 07-23-2020, 06:59 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

As if we don’t need more evidence Trump has purposely directed events and stays in order to promote and enable family businesses to profit, now it appears likely he attempted to use his position to get the The Open golf tourney moved to his golf course. Only his minions can’t see this is all personal to him and his family, to the point he is willing to discuss moving a golf tournament ahead of far more pressing EU and obvious global issues.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
As if we don’t need more evidence Trump has purposely directed events and stays in order to promote and enable family businesses to profit, now it appears likely he attempted to use his position to get the The Open golf tourney moved to his golf course. Only his minions can’t see this is all personal to him and his family, to the point he is willing to discuss moving a golf tournament ahead of far more pressing EU and obvious global issues.
this does it for me...it appears I'm likely offended
Old 07-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

If it appears, we must convict.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Minions response is always predictable.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Minions response is always predictable.
You're not a minion?
Old 07-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No I’m an independent and please tell me that all the money Trumps businesses have been raking in on “official” business and this news flash don’t raise a constitutional norms red flag, or is ok for him to profit while not doing his job? Hey let’s hold the next G6/7 at Maralago!

Last edited by Got Stripers; 07-23-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Old 07-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
No I’m an independent and please tell me that all the money Trumps businesses have been raking in on “official” business and this news flash don’t raise a constitutional norms red flag, or is ok for him to profit while not doing his job? Hey let’s hold the next G6/7 at Maralago!
OK, thanks. The reason I asked if you were not a minion is because you said "Minions response is always predictable." And, it seems to me, I admit that I am biased and may be wrong, but it seems to me that your responses are predictable.

As for Trump doing something unconstitutional, he certainly needs to to be called out on it if he is. I have complete confidence that the Dems and Never Trumpers or Anti-Trumpers will do so and have him removed if they can prove the charge.

Regardless of that outcome, I will still vote Republican in 2020, not because the Repubs are all a bunch of good guys (I have no illusions about their innocence--they have been complicit in a lot, if not most, of the crap that has been laid on our constitutional system), but, simply because they are not, at this time, as dangerous to our constitutional system as the Dems have become. And the Dems show no signs of any mea culpa--quite the contrary, they are becoming more openly radical leftist.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-23-2020 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So we agree on one thing, we are both voting based on a perceived danger, I happen to believe another term of Trump will do irreparable harm to this country. Sadly the days of republicans and Democrats working and voting for the good of the country as a whole is so far behind us, I wonder if it will ever return.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
So we agree on one thing, we are both voting based on a perceived danger, I happen to believe another term of Trump will do irreparable harm to this country. Sadly the days of republicans and Democrats working and voting for the good of the country as a whole is so far behind us, I wonder if it will ever return.
I don't think that one man, opposed by so many from all sides, has the power to do the type of harm you envision.

Replacing our constitutional system of government with a Progressive regulatory state would, obviously, not only harm our system, it would eradicate it. One man could not do that. But electing a party to total federal power (dragging along a lot of State legislators and executives on its coattails) that basically promises to accomplish that transformation, will give it the power to make its promise come true.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think that one man, opposed by so many from all sides, has the power to do the type of harm you envision.

Replacing our constitutional system of government with a Progressive regulatory state would, obviously, not only harm our system, it would eradicate it. One man could not do that. But electing a party to total federal power (dragging along a lot of State legislators and executives on its coattails) that basically promises to accomplish that transformation, will give it the power to make its promise come true.
Never said we agreed on what the danger was, I’m of the opinion the most immediate danger is named Trump.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #14
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If it appears, we must convict.
Or, when he’s not the Prez, the vultures will proceed to peck out his eyeballs for the rest of his natural life.

Old 07-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Or, when he’s not the Prez, the vultures will proceed to peck out his eyeballs for the rest of his natural life.
The orange man in an orange jump suit, it’s a natural, maybe while in prison he can learn to read.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump knows his campaign is in trouble, with death toll topping 150,000 and with the economy continuing to tank; so it makes sense to see him tweet he thinks the election should be delayed. Can’t see that happening, but do understand Trump would like to delay the inevitable.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Hopefully he's just spewing #^&#^&#^&#^& as usual, but since his other choice is likely a jumpsuit to match his face..............

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???
8:46 AM · Jul 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

So is it
Everything is normal! Reopen the economy! Reopen the schools! No virus to see here!

Or
Voting? Oh no. We can’t possibly vote. We’re in a pandemic

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #18
PaulS

Only someone with terrible polling #s would suggest anything so stupid.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #19
RickBomba

He’s only trying to stave off prison.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #20
Sea Dangles

👖👖👖
Old 07-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #21
PaulS

overweight scumbag.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hopefully he's just spewing #^&#^&#^&#^& as usual, but since his other choice is likely a jumpsuit to match his face..............

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???
8:46 AM · Jul 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

So is it
Everything is normal! Reopen the economy! Reopen the schools! No virus to see here!

Or
Voting? Oh no. We can’t possibly vote. We’re in a pandemic
Trump tweeting that on the day John Lewis is being laid to rest, just says so much about this petty, self centered, racist, so inappropriate and disrespectful. He can’t ever not be center stage, it’s all about him, thankfully we only have to endure this arrogant POS a few more months.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

������

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The U.S. economy shrank 9.5 percent from April through June, the largest quarterly decline since the government began publishing data 70 years ago, and the latest, sobering reflection of the pandemic’s economic devastation.

Are we winning yet?
Old 07-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #25
PaulS

we might be winning but I'm getting tired of it
Old 07-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

Together we will persevere
Old 07-31-2020, 03:56 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

When you finally go far enough to get a founder of the Federalist Society to call for your impeachment

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.
President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.

Steven G. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:29 AM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When you finally go far enough to get a founder of the Federalist Society to call for your impeachment

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.
President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.

Steven G. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.
But he was only asking a question... Trumps campaign response..

Again his supporters are again making excuses .. he is still new or hes not a politician bla bla bla

Yet he can launch a nuke..

I guess mental competency is only a requirement for POTUS
If his name is Biden ?
Old 07-31-2020, 10:25 AM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
But he was only asking a question... Trumps campaign response..
Which is true. There was no action nor an attempt at action to postpone the election. It is not a crime or impeachable offense to ask, especially when there is evidence that there are kinks in the postal service that could taint the voting. Even more so during the backup of mailing because of the Covid. I've had problems getting mail that I'm waiting for, which comes way later than usual. I had a backup on my mailed in insurance premium payment which finally arrived after several calls. There's this short video of a simulated batch of mailed votes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 07-31-2020, 10:30 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There's this short video of a simulated batch of mailed votes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
This is kind of stupid, absentee ballots are marked and receive expedited treatment.