Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So Fing tired of dealing with Ethanol issues.

I just put a ten year old Mantis out front with a free sign on it, no matter what I did it just would turn the tines once they were in the dirt. Even my small engine repair guy gave up and was kind enough to not charge me. No a new (last year) Echo PB-250LN power blower is running at about half power and I have no doubt it's ethanol related. I just printed out a list of ethanol free gas stations in mass, I'm done putting ethanol in my blower, tiller or chain saw. When is this government going to get rid of that crap, all it's doing is making money for all the repair shops or manufacturers of that crap that keeps breaking down.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
beamie

Farm Lobby....It is making huge money for the government subsidized farmer.......

Can you post that list of gas stations?

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I didn't print the entire list, just a few I wanted to call that were more local, but the Boat Guy at $15/gallon was the cheapest, the next one on the list wanted $22 per. Probably not cost effective for a boater, but when I might only go through 5 gallons of gas a year in my yard maintenance equipment that has been the most susceptible to ethanol problems; I might consider it. One repair bill at a small engine shop is going to be $125 minimum an my blower wasn't more than that to begin with. I think I might just buy a couple gallons when I get the new Mantis tiller and if I decide to get the blower fixed. I'd probably just use it in the tiller, chain saw and blower; the mower I think for whatever reason doesn't seem to mind it.

The Boat Guy - UNBRANDED
530 Macarthur Blvd., Bourne MA
508-563-1961

No Falmouth Hardware & Marine
91 County Rd, No Falmouth, MA; 508-564-6160;

Falmouth Airpark
67 Airpark Dr, East Falmouth, MA; 508-548-9617

Cycle Services
100 Ridgewood Ave, Hyannis, MA; 508-771-1414
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
beamie

Oh Boy, those prices are surreal.

Last time I was down in FLA in Jacksonville many stations down there had no ethanol gas for just maybe 30-50 cents more a gallon.....something like that.............

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
In Iowa, one of the leading corn for ethanol states, you can still buy regular (ethanol free) gas...I think it was less expensive than ethanol gas....go figure

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

My father in law runs 'TruFuel' in his small motors.
I run gas mixed with stabil in my mower and weed wacker and haven't had an issue, but I try to only fill it with what I will burn when I am mowing that week...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Since when did it ever make sense to burn food to cut the grass?

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I just put a ten year old Mantis out front with a free sign on it, no matter what I did it just would turn the tines once they were in the dirt. Even my small engine repair guy gave up and was kind enough to not charge me. No a new (last year) Echo PB-250LN power blower is running at about half power and I have no doubt it's ethanol related.
Same here.My tiller did the same thing,ended up giving it away.My new Honda 4stroke will never see ethanol.Last year bought a new Stihl blower as my older one was doing the same as yours,it too will never see ethanol.

The only thing I have left to replace is my mower.Right now it runs but I have start it with starter fluid every time.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #9
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
Oh Boy, those prices are surreal.

Last time I was down in FLA in Jacksonville many stations down there had no ethanol gas for just maybe 30-50 cents more a gallon.....something like that.............
Same thing in SC. Was around 2.99 a gal for No ethanol last Spring

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #10
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Check out Fuel Ox. I have been using it in all my equipment, marine, diesel and 4 stroke gas.

All my saws, trimmers and blowers are Stihl and as long as you use the Stihl 2 stroke oil in the gas I have had no issues at all with any of my equipment. 4 Chain saws, 2 industrial strength trimmers and 2 backpack blowers.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote