Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 08-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
rphud
GrandBob

CT Penfield Reef again

Sounds like the reef has struck again. Seems like it has been a while though. 4 of 6 rescued after being swept off from what I am seeing online.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
PaulS

2 dead. I think the third one was injured and hopefully okay. Many years back I would go and fish the incoming and I would be walking out when others were returning and they thought I was crazy. They didn't realize I really knew the tides and moon phase and knew pretty much within 10 or 15 minutes when to leave. I also would talk to a woman whose house was right there who had rescued like three or four people over the years. She would hear people yelling call the police and go out and her row boat and Rescue people,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
albythereforyou

the last couple years that place has been crowded, filled with poachers keeping all sorts of short fish of any kind. They would walk all the way out with their wives and kids....not really the best spot to walk out with your family....

its a shame stuff like this has to happen for people to wake up and learn to respect the ocean...
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
chris L

It happens all too often at the reef and Charles Island . The only ones that learn are the ones left behind . There is no way anyone that is not a strong swimmer should be going out there . I have been at Charles Island fishing the trombola and had a knuckle head drive a jeep out to where I was in the middle . He almost knocked me in the water cause he wouldn't stop when he got out to me . I shined a light at him and he still wouldn't stop . Drives by me saying "isn't this great " . I left right then and when I got back to my truck in the lot a cop pulls up and asks me "did I see someone driving on the beach ". I said no but there is someone driving out to Charles Island . The cop say " #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& " and heads in that direction . 3 other cops showed up and they got him to come back to shore and arrested him . He didn't understand why they were so mad . #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Never ends. The stupid, the risks.

Even hits us with the knowledgeable and experienced.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote