Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List Arcade Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks » Popular How-To threads

Popular How-To threads Favorite How-To threads from other parts of the boards that we recommend people read (especially novices) when an answer to a common question is needed...

Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
ReelChitty

Send a message via AIM to ReelChitty
Rigging Sluggos

Can anyone here demonstrate with pictures the proper way of rigging sluggos. I am having a hard time with the first steps. They say use and over hand knot yet I have no clue how to ty that. Only help would be great.

" There's no way, no way you could have come from my gene's. When we get home I am going punch your momma right in the mouth." Sheriff B. T. Justice
ReelChitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Chris in Mass

Location: Recently relocated to the shores of Rhode Island - East Bay!
Here is a link that was posted in a previous thread. The overhand knot is used at the end to finish off the top hook (near the head). After you wrap the top hook with 4-5 half hitches, take the dacron strands, and as one unit, loosley tie and overhand knot (make single loop and thread the end through once). Keep the knot as close to the hook as possible, but keep it slightly loose. Then seperate the two strands above the knot and pull away from each other to snug the knot down against the hook (pull hard). Apply some superglue and cut away excess strands.

Hope this helps - (k)not often can I find an opportunity to try to help here - too many knowledgable folks!

http://www.surfcasting-rhodeisland.c...g_Sluggos.aspx

Last edited by Chris in Mass; 09-12-2005 at 06:38 PM..
Chris in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
ReelChitty

Send a message via AIM to ReelChitty
Thanks for the info It did help me a lot thank you.

" There's no way, no way you could have come from my gene's. When we get home I am going punch your momma right in the mouth." Sheriff B. T. Justice
ReelChitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
MarkB

Search YouTube.
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote