Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Joe

Headphones

I have a good Yamaha system and good speakers, music sounds great from it.
I also have these Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones. I was listening to the Dinah Washington "After Hours With Miss D" CD last night: I listened to it twice: First, when I was doing some computer work without the headphones, then later, in my chair with the headphones on.
Listening with the headphones is such a more pleasurable experience it's remarkable. I know I was also giving it undivided attention, but even taking that into consideration - the headphone experience is just superb.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
spence

Headphones eliminate cross-talk distortion so you get much better stereo separation...not to mention outside noise.

I've got some big old Polk Audio SDA-2B speakers I bought about 20 years ago. They have a third cord that connects the two speakers, and have special drivers that send out cancelling sound waves so sound for the right ear doesn't bleed into the left.

Listen to an song like Money and you'd think there were clocks going off behind your head.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote