Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #61
Nebe

Just call her Thunderbutt
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, it is not like stealing cable. The email issue and the security implications are actually worse than what may or may not have happened at Benghazi
there are no security implications the deed and any damage is already done and the policy has been changed and we know what did happen in Benghazi and what didn't happen .. or do we need another investigation

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I will wait for the outcome of the investigation on the emails and accept the findings
will others ?

we'll have to wait and see .. but if past history is any indicator I dont hold out much hope
Old 07-02-2016, 05:59 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I love it. An edited video.
You are utterly incapable of rational thought on these matters. But you are precious.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:01 AM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
there are no security implications the deed and any damage is already done and the policy has been changed and we know what did happen in Benghazi and what didn't happen .. or do we need another investigation

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I will wait for the outcome of the investigation on the emails and accept the findings
will others ?

we'll have to wait and see .. but if past history is any indicator I dont hold out much hope
On the emails, we need to see if she broke the law. Spence would be completely satisfied with her saying that she didn't do anything wrong, but there was enough evidence there for the FBI (who works for a Democrat) to launch an investigation. Is no laws were broken, let's say that and move on.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #65
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

will others ?

I love how all the Hillary fans hang their hats on it not being illegal (yet)..

Was it careless - yes
Was it irresponsible -yes
Was it self serving - yes
Was it illegal - TBD

Just the qualities I want in the next president.....a self-serving, careless, irresponsible person who likes to work the loopholes.....

What she did was wrong.....period. She bypassed safeguards for her own convenience.Doesn't matter what the FBI finds.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #66
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are utterly incapable of rational thought on these matters. But you are precious.
Jesus Jim, they edit a video to manipulate her intent and you're like a moth to a flame.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #67
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, to be fair to Hillary I haven't seen any evidence of illegal behavior on her part.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
Well, to be fair to Hillary I haven't seen any evidence of illegal behavior on her part.
Perhaps, the FBI has seen some evidence. Or does the FBI investigate when there is no evidence for investigating?
Old 07-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #69
detbuch

Quote:

Was it careless - yes
Was it irresponsible -yes
Was it self serving - yes
Was it illegal - TBD

Just the qualities I want in the next president.....a self-serving, careless, irresponsible person who likes to work the loopholes.....

What she did was wrong.....period. She bypassed safeguards for her own convenience.Doesn't matter what the FBI finds.
Yes, it's amazing how not doing something "illegal" qualifies Hillary for President even though what she did was "wrong." Of course, when other past Presidents who were not of Hillary's political persuasions did wrong but not illegal stuff, that was sufficient to make them incompetent, unqualified, stupid, bad, and not worthy of the office.

But, we have to understand Progressive's use of Orwellian Newspeak. When applied to a Progressive, doing wrong is not wrong doing.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-02-2016 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #70
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Or does the FBI investigate when there is no evidence for investigating?
The FBI didn't launch an investigation because they saw evidence of wrongdoing, the investigation was in response to a security referral by the IG over the potential for mishandling of information. That's an important distinction.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #71
buckman

Quote:
The FBI didn't launch an investigation because they saw evidence of wrongdoing, the investigation was in response to a security referral by the IG over the potential for mishandling of information. That's an important distinction.
I'm sure the 82 special agents are paying attention to that distinction .
Old 07-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, it's amazing how not doing something "illegal" qualifies Hillary for President even though what she did was "wrong." Of course, when other past Presidents who were not of Hillary's political persuasions did wrong but not illegal stuff, that was sufficient to make them incompetent, unqualified, stupid, bad, and not worthy of the office.
There are varying degrees of everything. Does being arrested disqualify someone for office? Didn't disqualify Bush.

Really I think one of the most important factors is intent. If Clinton was simply trying to perform under incredibly challenging circumstances people will largely give her a pass.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #73
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I'm sure the 82 special agents are paying attention to that distinction .
There are not 82 special agents on this case, you got duped by a long since corrected piece of sloppy reporting.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:
nor would you ever ...blind partisanship
Old 07-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #75
buckman

Quote:
If Clinton was simply trying to perform under incredibly challenging circumstances people will largely give her a pass.
😂😂😂😂😂 That one will go down as a Spence Top Ten
Old 07-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Isn't "mishandling of information" doing something wrong?
Old 07-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
😂😂😂😂😂 That one will go down as a Spence Top Ten
That's right, because she's a Bond villain. I had forgot about that.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #78
buckman

Quote:
3.5 hour interview with the FBI today. I'm sure she lied somewhere during that interview . I don't think she could help her self
Good bye Clintons
Old 07-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #79
spence

Quote:
3.5 hour interview with the FBI today. I'm sure she lied somewhere during that interview . I don't think she could help her self
Good bye Clintons
Yes, because she's eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll lll...

Note she wasn't even subpoenaed. There's nothing there...
Old 07-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #80
buckman

Quote:

Note she wasn't even subpoenaed. There's nothing there...
When the FBI request an interview it's usually best to comply . Even if your name is Clinton
Old 07-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
Actually, Bond villains are more transparent and honest than she is.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:12 AM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
You are an extremist. Evil would have been sufficient.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #83
Nebe

The intent of having a private server that you can have control over is that you have the ability to wipe away emails instantly if needed. Think of it as the ultimate in paper shredding.

Illegal? Probably not.

Hillary is a snake.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #84
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The intent of having a private server that you can have control over is that you have the ability to wipe away emails instantly if needed. Think of it as the ultimate in paper shredding.
I don't get this. You're communicating with people electronically. There will be a record of it somewhere...if the intent was to hide emails you'd never mix work and personal.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't get this. You're communicating with people electronically. There will be a record of it somewhere...if the intent was to hide emails you'd never mix work and personal.
Right there you just summed up why it was wrong for her to have her own server.....

Old 07-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #86
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't get this. You're communicating with people electronically. There will be a record of it somewhere...
Which is why you keep all communications within a secure enclave, preferably encrypted. So that, at least, that record is only being viewed by people with a "Need to know"

Quote:
if the intent was to hide emails you'd never mix work and personal.
The EXACT same thing can be said if you want to secure e-mails.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #87
spence

Quote:
Right there you just summed up why it was wrong for her to have her own server.....
Nobody, including Clinton has argued having her own server was the best thing to do.

Intent.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #88
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well I guess that makes everything ok then....where do I cast my vote....that there is presidential material if ever I saw it
Old 07-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #89
spence

Quote:
Well I guess that makes everything ok then....where do I cast my vote....that there is presidential material if ever I saw it
This is a silly remark. Look at past presidents who have been regarded as successful and take inventory of their faults...
Old 07-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #90
detbuch

Quote:
Nobody, including Clinton has argued having her own server was the best thing to do.

Intent.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Good, savvy, leaders avoid that road. Sloppy, incompetent, careless leaders often, if not usually, take us down that road.

Whether or not she broke some law may not be as important or telling in regards to her leadership ability as is her penchant for not choosing "the best thing to do." It is telling, as well, that you couch her mishaps in euphemisms such as her not arguing that something she did "was the best thing to do." You can't seem to be able to say that her blunders were stupid, careless, incompetent, or wrong. Nor can her media lackeys. Which is why it is necessary to have a gazillion hearings on Benghazi--each hearing uncovering what you consider an insignificant new thing, but, in your estimation, not worth the money spent, nor worth even talking about.

What is most useful in having more hearings is not letting what is important continuously be swept under the rug by a compliant media. Rather, it is to disable the media's spin and inattention which wipes away any thought or memory of the really important failure in policy. To keep hammering away at the obvious incompetence in leadership which needs to be the important "old news." To, eventually, force the media to recognize the flaws in her executive ability to lead this nation. All the hearings, even though they didn't convict her of doing something illegal, have plainly, but not explicitly, pointed out that Benghazi, under her leadership, was a failure. Foreign policy decisions, under her leadership, were flawed--wrong. And there was a pattern of failure as in the Russian reset--her support and push for the ousting of Qadaffi and Assad--her assessment of the so-called Arab Spring.

Foreign policy is one the most important responsibilities of POTUS. The media touts her accomplishments, her smartness, her Progressive bona fides. But it consistently overlooks or underplays her incompetence.

Each "investigation" chips away at her manufactured expertise. The overriding incompetence needs to be squeezed out of the information lock box in which the mainstream media hides and protects it. That is the important thing in this election year. Not whether she unintentionally broke some little law.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-03-2016 at 07:08 PM..