Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-10-2020, 07:48 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So Biden's verbal screw ups are "issues that really matter" when Trump basically does the same thing but is a vile, lying person? We have a difference of the important stuff these days. So again, you equate what a Dems. says and get your panties in a bunch but when a Repub. says something you are strangely quite. Why is it disgusting and divisive when a Dems. says something but ok for the Pres. of the US to say it is not?
When Obama said there were 57 states, THAT'S a verbal screw up.

A verbal screw up is one thing. Slipping into old age feebleness is another. I see the latter in Biden lately.

It's also convenient that you're focusing on his speech patterns, and ignoring his plagiarizing, the sex abuse claims (I'm old enough to remember when democrats said 'believe all women!'), his lying that republicans want to enslave blacks, and the fact that he's been in DC his whole life and done nothing except get rich, oh and raise kids who are freaks by any standard. Any comment on those facts? And they are facts.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:00 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:

Obama's tan suit
everybody drink .....
Old 04-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Obama said there were 57 states, THAT'S a verbal screw up.And you brought that up here repeatedly has if he doesn't know the # of states/territories.

A verbal screw up is one thing. Slipping into old age feebleness is another. I see the latter in Biden lately.

It's also convenient that you're focusing on his speech patterns, and ignoring his plagiarizing, the sex abuse claims (I'm old enough to remember when democrats said 'believe all women!'), his lying that republicans want to enslave blacks, and the fact that he's been in DC his whole life and done nothing except get rich, oh and raise kids who are freaks by any standard. Any comment on those facts? And they are facts.
And you seem to ignore the Repub. laying down infront of Trump and ignoring the claims about Trump - remember when they said they were the party of morals? Remember that fact.

Look at Bork's rulings - he was one of the most controversial picks for SCOTUS and didn't get all Repub. votes and did get some Dems.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Somebody needs some coffee.
Now is time to unify,some scumbags will use it to divide. No shock to see where the opportunism comes from.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what your sacrifice has been?

Especially after commenting that others haven't made any sacrifices.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:38 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
And you seem to ignore the Repub. laying down infront of Trump and ignoring the claims about Trump - remember when they said they were the party of morals? Remember that fact.

Look at Bork's rulings - he was one of the most controversial picks for SCOTUS and didn't get all Repub. votes and did get some Dems.
"you brought that up here repeatedly has if he doesn't know the # of states/territories"

I poked fun at it, but I also repeatedly said that it was a simple slip-up, the kind that anyone would make if they had cameras in their face all day. When did you become a compulsive liar?

"you seem to ignore the Repub. laying down infront of Trump"

Another lie. There was a whole never-Trump movement within the GOP. Did you expect them to vote for Hilary? They don't support Trumps personal behavior, they support what hes doing for the country. Same thing with Bill Clinton, who I voted for and maintain that while he was a repulsive scumbag, he was a good POTUS.

"remember when they said they were the party of morals? Remember that fact."

They do say that, and I absolutely believe it.

Paul, you're focusing on the behavior of a small number of people, and projecting that to tens of millions. What matters, is the policies that each side endorses. The GOP endorses traditional family values. I'm not saying that every Republican lives up to those values, but we say that those values are the best values. Compare that to liberalism, where the motto is, "if it feels good, do it."

Voting for Trump is not an endorsement of hos personal behavior, it's an endorsement of his policies. You cannot argue with that, nor can you argue with his results, so you make the stupid leap to saying that all Republicans think he's a symbol of virtue.

Talk sense. What happened to you? Did Pete hack your username?
Old 04-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
"you brought that up here repeatedly has if he doesn't know the # of states/territories"

I poked fun at it, but I also repeatedly said that it was a simple slip-up, the kind that anyone would make if they had cameras in their face all day. When did you become a compulsive liar? Stop your scummy lying. You brought it up many times and tried claiming that the press was in the bag for Obama and that is why they didn't cover it.

"you seem to ignore the Repub. laying down infront of Trump"

Another lie. There was a whole never-Trump movement within the GOP. Did you expect them to vote for Hilary? They don't support Trumps personal behavior, they support what hes doing for the country. Same thing with Bill Clinton, who I voted for and maintain that while he was a repulsive scumbag, he was a good POTUS. That is another lie on your part. Trump lies constantly and the Repub. approval rating does not change. They could have voted for 10 other candidates and still gotten the same judges. So ignore the bad but as long as conservative judges get appointed that is ok? And I voted for both Bushs but can't see myself voting for another R in a national race. Clinton can't touch Trump in the scummy dept.

"remember when they said they were the party of morals? Remember that fact."

They do say that, and I absolutely believe it.But the actions of the Repub. show otherwise. Approve of a lying, vile person some how makes them the party of morals - that is funny. Constantly try to cut benefits for the most vulnerable people in our society is not moral in my book.

Paul, you're focusing on the behavior of a small number of people, and projecting that to tens of millions. Isn't that what you do constantlyWhat matters, is the policies that each side endorses. The GOP endorses traditional family values. Like Trumps? I'm not saying that every Republican lives up to those values, but we say that those values are the best values. Compare that to liberalism, where the motto is, "if it feels good, do it."
That is an out and out lie
Voting for Trump is not an endorsement of hos personal behavior, it's an endorsement of his policies.It says you don't care what his behavior is You cannot argue with that, nor can you argue with his results, so you make the stupid leap to saying that all Republicans think he's a symbol of virtue. That is a lie (see I can do that to). I never said the Repub. think he is virtuous but they certainly are willing to go against their supposed "morals" easily enough.

Talk sense. What happened to you? Nothing, I find you an angry person - always have and I think I always will.Did Pete hack your username?
Happened to me? You support a vile, lying person and try to justify it. He doesn't lie once or 2x but is compulsive liar and your morals seem to not mind.

Last edited by PaulS; 04-10-2020 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #37
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what your sacrifice has been?

Especially after commenting that others haven't made any sacrifices.
You are a directionless fool.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
You are a directionless fool.
So what was your sacrifice?

You're the scummy big shot who brags about the HS and tries calling people out for not sacrificing anything yet is sounds like you haven't done a thing.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #39
Sea Dangles

Names will never hurt me PaulS. Your parents raised a directionless fool.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Names will never hurt me PaulS. Your parents raised a directionless fool.
As I said, you are a vile scummy person. Such an internet tough guy.

So no sacrifice - what a clown you are.

Is it a wonder that I'm embarrassed for you.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:

Happened to me? You support a vile, lying person and try to justify it. He doesn't lie once or 2x but is compulsive liar and your morals seem to not mind.
Paul, who did you vote for in 2016? If you voted for hilary, I can make the same compelling case you make about Trump, that you supported a vile, lying person. And also a person who supports abortions in the 9th month for any reason, and open borders.

The choice in 2016 was between two scumbags. Both disgusting people.

Stop harping on the laughably absurd personal lifestyle. Talk policy. But you won't, because you can't win that discussion.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, who did you vote for in 2016? If you voted for hilary, I can make the same compelling case you make about Trump, that you supported a vile, lying person. And also a person who supports abortions in the 9th month for any reason, and open borders.

The choice in 2016 was between two scumbags. Both disgusting people.

Stop harping on the laughably absurd personal lifestyle. Talk policy. But you won't, because you can't win that discussion.
I voted for Hillary. Her lies compared to Trump are nothing. He lied about the Corona and possibly caused more deaths.

I agree with the Repubs. that there should not be free and open borders and that Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born.

His policies suck. I disagree with what he has done on the environment, fuel standards, parks, etc.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:04 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
I voted for Hillary. Her lies compared to Trump are nothing. He lied about the Corona and possibly caused more deaths.

I agree with the Repubs. that there should not be free and open borders and that Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born.

His policies suck. I disagree with what he has done on the environment, fuel standards, parks, etc.
Ahh, Hilary. She married a predator of women, she lied to protect him, and she slut-shamed his victims. So, using your logic, does that mean you can never speak to women's issues or women's rights?

"Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born. "

WOW, that's big of you. You are opposed to infanticide.

"His policies suck"

Tell that to the babies born thanks to him. One of the many, many reasons I like the air on my side a whole lot better.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
As I said, you are a vile scummy person. Such an internet tough guy.

So no sacrifice - what a clown you are.

Is it a wonder that I'm embarrassed for you.
I am rubber and you are glue.
Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
I am rubber and you are glue.
Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.
No, not really bc you are a vile, scummy person.

Donate $50 so you won't look like an idiot after you try to call people out.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
Ahh, Hilary. She married a predator of women, she lied to protect him, and she slut-shamed his victims. So, using your logic, does that mean you can never speak to women's issues or women's rights?

"Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born. "

WOW, that's big of you. You are opposed to infanticide.

"His policies suck"

Tell that to the babies born thanks to him. One of the many, many reasons I like the air on my side a whole lot better.
Ah the Republican mantra, love the fetus hate the baby. Didn't see any big Repub. revolt when Trump tries to cut benefits for the poor.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ah the Republican mantra, love the fetus hate the baby. Didn't see any big Repub. revolt when Trump tries to cut benefits for the poor.
"the Republican mantra, love the fetus hate the baby"

This from the guy who said an hour ago, that democrats have such a loving view of babies, that they're OK with killing them after birth.

Paul, more lies. It's all you have. You and I have discussed the study which shows that conservatives donate more money and time to charity. What evidence can you provide, to suggest that Republicans hate babies? I'm all ears.

You've really, really come un-glued.

"Didn't see any big Repub. revolt when Trump tries to cut benefits for the poor"

I'm not sure what cuts you are referring to, but nether was there any kind of liberal revolt when Bill Clinton kicked millions off welfare and told them to get back to work. Which of course, is what they did.

You have zero logic or consistency to what you're saying, just flailing away.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
"the Republican mantra, love the fetus hate the baby"

This from the guy who said an hour ago, that democrats have such a loving view of babies, that they're OK with killing them after birth.
Paul, more lies. It's all you have. You and I have discussed the study which shows that conservatives donate more money and time to charity. What evidence can you provide, to suggest that Republicans hate babies? I'm all ears.

You've really, really come un-glued.
Where did I say that about the babies? Or did you just lie again? I told you that they constantly try to cut benefits to the most vulnerable segment of the population - the poor. And the poor have babies which pay the brunt of it. Did you not remember those conversations or are lying again?

Conservatives donate money to their churches - isn't that a big part of their donations? How does the money you donate to paint your church benefit any poor person? Did you not remember those conversations or are lying again?
Old 04-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Where did I say that?
at 12:32, post 42.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
at 12:32, post 42.

Isn't this what I said?

"I agree with the Repubs. that there should not be free and open borders and that Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born."

So where out of that do you get "This from the guy who said an hour ago, that democrats have such a loving view of babies, that they're OK with killing them after birth."
Old 04-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Isn't this what I said?

"I agree with the Repubs. that there should not be free and open borders and that Drs. shouldn't be able to kill a baby after it is born."

So where out of that do you get "This from the guy who said an hour ago, that democrats have such a loving view of babies, that they're OK with killing them after birth."
You were saying that's a point on which you agree with republicans, which common sense would suggest it's also a point on which you disagree with democrats. There are democrats who don't think the baba should be protected after its born. The GOP doesn't believe that, democrats do.

You're going to argue every fact which you don't happen to like?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Isn't this what I said?

I answered your questions. Kindly show us the evidence to support your claim that Republicans hate babies.

You sound like an 18 year-old sociology major at Wesleyan. Regurgitating absurd, laughable, liberal bumper stickers.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
You were saying that's a point on which you agree with republicans, which common sense would suggest it's also a point on which you disagree with democrats. I didn't say that and I don't believe it so are you lying again?There are democrats who don't think the baba should be protected after its born. The GOP doesn't believe that, democrats do.and yet they have no problem cutting benefits that poor people use to provide for their babies. Using your logic, the Repub. must not care for the baby after it is born.

You're going to argue every fact which you don't happen to like?
No, I don't think the Dems. believe anyone should kill a baby after birth as the Repub. seem (you) to suggest.

Are you going to argue every fact which you don't happen to like?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
I answered your questions. Kindly show us the evidence to support your claim that Republicans hate babies.

You sound like an 18 year-old sociology major at Wesleyan. Regurgitating absurd, laughable, liberal bumper stickers.
I just answered your question. They don't hate babies, they could care less about the poors babies.

You sound like an angry 18 year old from one of those lousy conservative schools like Liberty univ.

Regurgitating absurd, laughable, conservative bumper stickers.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, I don't think the Dems. believe anyone should kill a baby after birth as the Repub. seem (you) to suggest.

Are you going to argue every fact which you don't happen to like?
Fine.

Now, what's your evidence that Republicans hate babies?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:

Regurgitating absurd, laughable, conservative bumper stickers.
Paul: Republicans hate babies.

Jim: The data suggests that conservatives are more generous and charitable than liberals. What's your evidence that republicans hate babies?

Paul: You're Regurgitating absurd, laughable, conservative bumper stickers.

You've lost your logic Paul, you don't respond to any questions, you just paste stupid, laughable talking points, and hurl baseless insults. You used to be a lot better than that.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
Fine.

Now, what's your evidence that Republicans hate babies?
See post 53
Old 04-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #58
PaulS

Quote:
Paul: Republicans hate babies.

Jim: The data suggests that conservatives are more generous and charitable than liberals. What's your evidence that republicans hate babies?

Paul: You're Regurgitating absurd, laughable, conservative bumper stickers.

You've lost your logic Paul, you don't respond to any questions, you just paste stupid, laughable talking points, and hurl baseless insults. You used to be a lot better than that.
Is that the way the discussion went or are you lying again?

The Dems want open borders or want to kill babies after birth isn't a absurd talking point? How many insults have you hurled in this thread? I don't think you used to be better than this.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is that the way the discussion went or are you lying again?

The Dems want open borders or want to kill babies after birth isn't a absurd talking point? How many insults have you hurled in this thread? I don't think you used to be better than this.
democrats wanting an open border is not an absurd talking point. they don’t want it sealed.

you brought up killing babies after birth, if i misunderstood your point, i apologize. But the notion of allowing babies to whither and die after birth is gaining steam on the left, why is it so much more extreme than abortion in the 9th month? from a biological perspective, how
much different is the fully developed baby after it exits the womb?

for the fourth time, what’s your evidence that republicans hate babies?
Old 04-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think you used to be better than this.
i agree, i haven’t changed radically. That makes one of us. you’ve become another liberal=good, conservative=bad parrot.