Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Macroeconomics Jim.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Common sense, elementary school arithmetic, and honesty, Spence.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Common sense, elementary school arithmetic, and honesty, Spence.
Is that your resume ? 😂😂😆
Old 12-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Is that your resume ? ������
Well if it is, he is ahead of the kids coming out of college with a $200k degree in Gender Studies

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well if it is, he is ahead of the kids coming out of college with a $200k degree in Gender Studies
agreed.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Ha, not sure you saw that Easthampton schools have determined the word freshman to be offensive. It will be replaced with first year student. This is the America that some of our progressive and liberal members long for. What a country!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Ha, not sure you saw that Easthampton schools have determined the word freshman to be offensive. It will be replaced with first year student. This is the America that some of our progressive and liberal members long for. What a country!
A public high school in Massachusetts is asking students to stop using the word “freshmen.”

did you read this on turtle boy : their lead Easthampton High School Kids Can’t Use The Word “Freshman” Any More Because It Offends The Gender And Sexuality Alliance Group..

are you disappointed in an inclusive America ??? nothing here is forced its in a handbook..

change with the times or be a dinosaur the gender thing is real and not going to go away a

from the actual ap story

Easthampton High School will transition the official language to “first year students” and ask students to use that phrase, WWLP reported Thursday. The decision came after a school’s Gender and Sexuality Alliance Group recommended the school handbook use gender-neutral language.

Free speech rights still reign, and students may continue to use the word “freshman” if desired, Easthampton Superintendent Nancy Follansbee said in a statement.

not sure how this applies to Taxes
Old 12-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
A public high school in Massachusetts is asking students to stop using the word “freshmen.” any use of any word which contains the word man or men should be considered a microaggression

are you disappointed in an inclusive America ??? sometimes

change with the times or be a dinosaur the gender thing is real and not going to go away yes, at this rate we will have hundreds of gender identities to sort through in short order

Easthampton High School will transition the official language to “first year students” [COLOR="Red"]and ask students to use that phrase,.
I object to the word "first"...it could be taken to imply that one or some students are better than others...they need to find more "number neutral" language to truly be "inclusive"

Last edited by scottw; 12-22-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #8
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
A public high school in Massachusetts is asking students to stop using the word “freshmen.”

did you read this on turtle boy : their lead Easthampton High School Kids Can’t Use The Word “Freshman” Any More Because It Offends The Gender And Sexuality Alliance Group..

are you disappointed in an inclusive America ??? nothing here is forced its in a handbook..

change with the times or be a dinosaur the gender thing is real and not going to go away a

from the actual ap story

Easthampton High School will transition the official language to “first year students” and ask students to use that phrase, WWLP reported Thursday. The decision came after a school’s Gender and Sexuality Alliance Group recommended the school handbook use gender-neutral language.

Free speech rights still reign, and students may continue to use the word “freshman” if desired, Easthampton Superintendent Nancy Follansbee said in a statement.

not sure how this applies to Taxes
As usual you didn't understand the context of why I posted the story. But I will dumb it down for you. When tdf was talking about gender studies, I thought I would post a humorous example of the far reaching righteousness of our progressive educators. Nothing more,nothing less.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
As usual you didn't understand the context of why I posted the story. But I will dumb it down for you. When tdf was talking about gender studies, I thought I would post a humorous example of the far reaching righteousness of our progressive educators. Nothing more,nothing less.
This is actually pretty common across the country. Doesn't seem to much much of an issue.