Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Youth have it so tough

Below was posted by a Facebook friend and when I hear about the young just refusing to wear a mask, or see the rants from people in stores refusing to follow the rule to enter, I thought this was so appropriate.

Imagine you were born in 1900.

When you're 14, World War I begins and ends when you're 18 with 22 million dead.

Soon the SpanishFlu appears, killing 50 million people. And you're alive, 20 years old.

When you're 29 you survive the global economiccrisis with the collapse of New York Stock Exchange, causing inflation, unemployment and famine.

When you're 33 years old the nazis come to power.

When you're 39, World War II begins and ends when you're 45 years old with a 60 million dead. In the Holocaust 6 million Jews die.

At 52, Korean War begins. At 64, Vietnam War begins and ends when you're 75.

A child born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is.

Today we have all the comforts in a new world, amid a new #pandemic. But we complain because we need to wear masks. We complain because we must stay confined to our homes where we have food, electricity, water, wifi, Netflix! None of that existed back in the day. But humanity survived those circumstances and never lost their joy of living.

Thankful for what we have.