Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
The irony of the "stuff" you say. Also, what is my spin? That low unemployment is good, but I am suspicious that Trumps policies are going to have a negative effect on the economy in coming years? If that is spin, you are a world class ballerina.
"Also, what is my spin?"

That in a macro sense, the economy isn't meaningfully healthier than it was on Obama's last day.

Sure, we need to talk about the debt and other potential pain points like inflatipn, but you, Spence and WDMSO, seem to be unable to consider the positives.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Also, what is my spin?"

That in a macro sense, the economy isn't meaningfully healthier than it was on Obama's last day.

Sure, we need to talk about the debt and other potential pain points like inflatipn, but you, Spence and WDMSO, seem to be unable to consider the positives.
You are either projecting or off your rocker.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are either projecting or off your rocker.
Stock market is way up, unemployment is way down. Those were the same metrics used by many to conclude that Obama did a great job with the economy. If improving unemployment and the economy make Obama a good economic leader, why don't they make Trump a good economic leader?

I'm holding all of the cards in this here game.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Stock market is way up, unemployment is way down. Those were the same metrics used by many to conclude that Obama did a great job with the economy. If improving unemployment and the economy make Obama a good economic leader, why don't they make Trump a good economic leader?

For about the millionth time, because he didn't make the soup, he's just ladling it out. Look at the Dow and the other indexes and the unemployment rate and show me a Trump Jump. I don't see it.
I think you have all the cards that are left, if you check carefully you might find that they are Jokers and the Queen of Hearts.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-16-2018, 05:46 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
For about the millionth time, because he didn't make the soup, he's just ladling it out. Look at the Dow and the other indexes and the unemployment rate and show me a Trump Jump. I don't see it.
I think you have all the cards that are left, if you check carefully you might find that they are Jokers and the Queen of Hearts.
"he didn't make the soup, he's just ladling it out"

OK. So the fact that his background is in business and not community activism, that didn't instill a confidence in business that wasn't there before? Confidence has a big impact on the economy.

All the regulations he did away with, that didn't unleash any more potential of the markets?

The GOP tax cuts, which cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%, instantly making every company more profitable and more valuable, that had zero effect? And the overseas cash that's coming back, that does nothing? Apple alone is paying a one-time tax of $38 billion to the feds, to bring back $250 billion in cash. That's $38 billion the feds have to help people, which they didn't have before.

The GOP tax cuts on individuals, which will obviously increase consumer spending, that had zero effect?

"show me a Trump Jump. I don't see it."

The slope of the line doesn't need to change. What matters, is that the Dow and unemployment are both continuing to head in favorable directions.

You refuse to concede that which doesn't serve your agenda. When my beliefs cannot stand up to irrefutable facts and common sense, that's the day I'll change my beliefs.

Obama helped the economy (see? I can say that even though I despise the man, and my head didn't explode). Trump is doing things to continue to help the economy.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
zimmy

Quote:

Pretty sure you aren't playing with a full deck. I already did consider the positive and that is what I was referring to when I said you are projecting. Your must sit there hearing our voices in your head or something as you make stuff up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:Originally Posted by Jim in CT

Quote:

Pretty sure you aren't playing with a full deck.

that was awesome
Old 06-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty sure you aren't playing with a full deck. I already did consider the positive and that is what I was referring to when I said you are projecting. Your must sit there hearing our voices in your head or something as you make stuff up.
"Pretty sure you aren't playing with a full deck."

That was pretty funny, good comeback.

"I already did consider the positive"

Did you mention any of the positives in any of your posts on this thread? I may have missed that, all I saw from the lefties was negatives.

"I said you are projecting"

No, I'm not. As of right now, at this moment, unemployment is low, black unemployment is extremely low, the markets are up, consumer confidence is up, and most of us got a small bump in take home pay thanks to the tax cuts. Right now, at this very second, all of those things are irrefutably true, and all of those things are good. True or false? Please tell us, is that true or false?

Yes, we need to look forward, and consider potential pitfalls like debt and inflation and trade wars, etc.