Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Brussels

I am surprised that something like that has not happeed here....think about it....U go to the airport with your luggage, go to check your suitcase in and get in security line with carry on or back pack, large crowd waiting in line....there is no security in that line....very easy to set off an explosion.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 03-22-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
I am surprised that something like that has not happeed here....think about it....U go to the airport with your luggage, go to check your suitcase in and get in security line with carry on or back pack, large crowd waiting in line....there is no security in that line....very easy to set off an explosion.
Agree. Fortunately the FBI, NSA, and local Law Enforecement have done a good job chasing leads and potential adversaries. Still, sadly, just a matter of time. Our people must be lucky all the time, ther bad guys, not so much

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Remember also that once on airport property you're on dozens of cameras, unless it's a suicide attack the deterrent is there. If you're radicalized enough to kill yourself the odds of you being on a watch list go up also...so the number of unknown yet radicalized individuals is likely not a huge group. Remains to be seen how much trouble Europe is in right now...
Old 03-22-2016, 08:38 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Remember also that once on airport property you're on dozens of cameras, unless it's a suicide attack the deterrent is there. If you're radicalized enough to kill yourself the odds of you being on a watch list go up also...so the number of unknown yet radicalized individuals is likely not a huge group. Remains to be seen how much trouble Europe is in right now...
They have a much larger percentage of Muslims then America does . Europe is in deep now .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #5
Fly Rod

Quote:
As U may have noticed security camara did not stop the bombers in Brussel only identified after the fact and the same would B here in this country as security camara showed the passing of the bomb from a Russian employee to another person prior to boarding Russian plane...once again after the fact ...there is no deterrant to stop a radical

Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
As U may have noticed security camara did not stop the bombers in Brussel only identified after the fact and the same would B here in this country as security camara showed the passing of the bomb from a Russian employee to another person prior to boarding Russian plane...once again after the fact ...there is no deterrant to stop a radical
Like I said, cameras with a suicide bomber don't mean as much. That's why they're focused on the possible non suicide person of interest who could have been there to see they didn't chicken out.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
Fly Rod

Quote:
Like I said, cameras with a suicide bomber don't mean as much. That's why they're focused on the possible non suicide person of interest who could have been there to see they didn't chicken out.
The only visual security at logan are state police shooing away people in their cars parking at the arrival terminal

Old 03-23-2016, 04:40 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
The only visual security at logan are state police shooing away people in their cars parking at the arrival terminal
Boston Logan International Airport set a new passenger record in 2012 with 29,325,617 people passing through the airport, an increase of 416,350 over 2011

1 Airport in the country there is no security in the world that could stop a determined suicide bomber.. its unrealistic to expect otherwise

the key is intel prior to an attack , tracking ammo weapons explosives chatter on the internet general intel from human sources from theses communities

But I dont think many 2a guys would support some of theses control and tracking .. ( it would be construed as a back door on taking their guns ) they would happily support endless lines and intrusive searches on billions of travelers time and money more expanded Government in a feel good attempt to find the needle in the Hay stack .. thats just what I Think would happen
Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #9
Nebe

I can't believe I am going to say this and I don't agree with it but you will probably see internment camps in the future followed by massive deportations once the Syrian conflict settles down.

Key word here is probably which is a little more than might but a lot less than definite.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #10
Fly Rod

Maybe we should follow the Israelis security system...but will americans put up with that tight security?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel...b_4978149.html

Old 03-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this and I don't agree with it but you will probably see internment camps in the future followed by massive deportations once the Syrian conflict settles down.

Key word here is probably which is a little more than might but a lot less than definite.
Never happen....we can't even have a Gitmo

Last edited by buckman; 03-22-2016 at 09:44 AM..
Old 03-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Duck falls from the ceiling

Actually, I am going to correct you, we will have Gitmo as long as it is necessary, we will hear the same government that uses it speak against it, and when that administration has gotten its usefulness from it, they will remove it at the last minute, and its utility, to the next administration.

If he closed it in his first couple years that is one thing, but if Obama waits until the last minute, that is just fraud.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #13
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Duck falls from the ceiling

Actually, I am going to correct you, we will have Gitmo as long as it is necessary, we will hear the same government that uses it speak against it, and when that administration has gotten its usefulness from it, they will remove it at the last minute, and its utility, to the next administration.

If he closed it in his first couple years that is one thing, but if Obama waits until the last minute, that is just fraud.
True
Old 03-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Reminiscing about those better days?
Old 03-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Reminiscing about those better days?
Have some of those released returned to become a threat ? Yes or no ?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Have some of those released returned to become a threat ? Yes or no ?
Right, because detaining and torturing so many was good PR.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #17
Nebe

No no. How about we bring back the gladiator matches ?? Feed them to the lions. Have it take place in the center of the nascar tracks. Yes!!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #18
buckman

Quote:
No no. How about we bring back the gladiator matches ?? Feed them to the lions. Have it take place in the center of the nascar tracks. Yes!!!!
This is why Trump will be YOUR next president . The left can't make an intelligent argument . People are not buying the BS anymore .
Old 03-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #19
basswipe

Quote:
Hell yea!!!Jeff would make an awesome commentator!

Those trips up to Loudon twice a year would be so much more interesting!
Old 03-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
Nebe

^ so true.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:56 PM   #21
spence

Here's a genius idea...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...rhoods-n543616

Certainly the best way to combat radicalization it to marginalize people because of their race/religion...I can't think of any better way to get more collaboration with the FBI and LPD...

And this is the number two, who can't be as idiotic as the number 1.

John Kasich is looking better and better every day.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:19 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Here's a genius idea...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...rhoods-n543616

Certainly the best way to combat radicalization it to marginalize people because of their race/religion...I can't think of any better way to get more collaboration with the FBI and LPD...

And this is the number two, who can't be as idiotic as the number 1.

John Kasich is looking better and better every day.
Cruz is a moron as I said this issue needs to be resolved from with in the Community Him suggesting establishing a Muslim ghetto "this has been tried in History" he his trying very hard for Votes.. Fear it's what conservatives dish out. its their Banner

calling for law enforcement to "patrol and secure Muslim neighborhoods" in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Brussels,
Old 03-23-2016, 05:53 AM   #23
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Cruz is a moron as I said this issue needs to be resolved from with in the Community Him suggesting establishing a Muslim ghetto "this has been tried in History" he his trying very hard for Votes.. Fear it's what conservatives dish out. its their Banner

calling for law enforcement to "patrol and secure Muslim neighborhoods" in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Brussels,
Yea we should allow 10000
refugees to come here instead , that would be a good start.
That's your sides brilliant plan is .
That should scare the hell out of you but you would rather "feel" like you are taking the high road
Why don't you tell us what the genius Secretary of State has done to minimize the threat of a radical Muslim attack .
Sorry ISIS keeps proving your side inept .
Old 03-23-2016, 06:41 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
That should scare the hell out of you but you would rather "feel" like you are taking the high road
The US takes in around 100,000 refugees a year already and many are Muslim. Those potentially coming from Syria don't get to choose which country they're sent to and go through a long vetting process. If your intent was to harm America it wouldn't be a very prudent path to take.

What really scares the hell out of me is that the top two GOP candidates are calling for the US to scrutinize people because of their religion.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:53 AM   #25
buckman

Quote:
The US takes in around 100,000 refugees a year already and many are Muslim. Those potentially coming from Syria don't get to choose which country they're sent to and go through a long vetting process. If your intent was to harm America it wouldn't be a very prudent path to take.

What really scares the hell out of me is that the top two GOP candidates are calling for the US to scrutinize people because of their religion.
We have been over this before . What religion would you like to associate with Radical Islam Spence ?
The attacks in Brussels didn't happen because a bunch of Christians refugees moved in .
Common sense
Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
So we ignore the one common thread that the jihadists share, and pretend that an Amish person represents the same threat as a young Muslim man?

Spence, they say that 1% or 2% of Muslims are radicalized. So here is a very simple, yet very pertinent question for you.

I give your kids a bowl of 100 gummy bears. I tell you that 1 of them is poisoned and will kill whoever eats it. How many do you let your children eat, before you throw the bowl in the garbage?

Have fun with that.

The western, civilized world will soon find itself at a very real crossroads with this issue. If peaceful Muslims don't want to force westerners to a place with horrible, yet morally obvious, decisions to make...they need to find a way to deal with the devil in their midst.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #27
spence

Quote:
Sorry ISIS keeps proving your side inept .
Wait, if ISIS is on the other side, and you're not on our side, that makes you on ISIS's side?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Cruz is a moron "

Tell that to Harvard Law Professor (and hard-core liberal) Alan Dershowitz, who says that Cruz was the brightest student he ever had.

"Fear it's what conservatives dish out"

Oh, I see. So when Obama ran on "hope and change", that's not trying to make anyone afraid of the other side. And when Hilary says that conservatives are opposed to women's health, that we hate blacks, Mexicans, homosexuals, poor people, old people, blah, blah, blah...that's not fear-mongering. Got it.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Cruz is a moron "

Tell that to Harvard Law Professor (and hard-core liberal) Alan Dershowitz, who says that Cruz was the brightest student he ever had.

"Fear it's what conservatives dish out"

Oh, I see. So when Obama ran on "hope and change", that's not trying to make anyone afraid of the other side. And when Hilary says that conservatives are opposed to women's health, that we hate blacks, Mexicans, homosexuals, poor people, old people, blah, blah, blah...that's not fear-mongering. Got it.

No thats the truth not fear mongering Conservatives are afraid of everything and everyone or have we not been paying attention ?

PS smart people can be morons.. cruz's statement is more than enough to make my point .. for a legal guy he has no issues doing illegal things like locking down Muslim neighborhood out of fear
The CBS hosts pressed Cruz on how he thinks it would logistically work to patrol 3 million American Muslims, who are not, as Cruz suggested, “ghetto-ized” in festering radical communities.

Cruz admitted, when asked by co-host Norah O’Donnell that he didn’t know how many Muslims lived in the United States.

“So you’re saying that law enforcement should surveil a number of Muslims and you don’t even know how many Muslims are in America,” she said.

Please note I am not saying this isn't a concern (terrorism) But it is Far from the 1# most dangerous issue America faces Unless your a Conservative a party where you can get Terrorism Immigration and weak Military and for additional introductory offer you can throw in for free Gun grabber Gay marriage or losing religious freedoms abortion or Planned parenthood>>> its like a comcast bundle all BS makes you feel like you got something

Last edited by wdmso; 03-24-2016 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: new info
Old 03-24-2016, 04:51 AM   #30
buckman

Quote:
No thats the truth not fear mongering Conservatives are afraid of everything and everyone or have we not been paying attention ?

PS smart people can be morons.. cruz's statement is more than enough to make my point .. for a legal guy he has no issues doing illegal things like locking down Muslim neighborhood out of fear
The CBS hosts pressed Cruz on how he thinks it would logistically work to patrol 3 million American Muslims, who are not, as Cruz suggested, “ghetto-ized” in festering radical communities.

Cruz admitted, when asked by co-host Norah O’Donnell that he didn’t know how many Muslims lived in the United States.

“So you’re saying that law enforcement should surveil a number of Muslims and you don’t even know how many Muslims are in America,” she said.

Please note I am not saying this isn't a concern (terrorism) But it is Far from the 1# most dangerous issue America faces Unless your a Conservative a party where you can get Terrorism Immigration and weak Military and for additional introductory offer you can throw in for free Gun grabber Gay marriage or losing religious freedoms abortion or Planned parenthood>>> its like a comcast bundle all BS makes you feel like you got something
Yea anybody with a brain knows we should be more worried about climate change . The sky is falling !