Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-03-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
wdmso

if your not cheating your not trying

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/02/86768...ving-joe-biden

Senate Republicans have launched politically loaded investigations into the Obama administration and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden that are expected to carry on into the fall.

its amazing to see the abuse of Power of republicans same play book they used on Hillary ..

"The public deserves to know how a guy who was vice president of the U.S. who is currently trying to be president got away with using the U.S. government to force a foreign country to stop investigating a company that was paying his son over $80,000 a month," said Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla.

to bad rick scott wasn't concerned with Trump rudy his kids and ukraine or the release of his tax returns .

but but hunter
Old 06-03-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

Go Pats!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Did you see Rosenstein in front of Congress say today if he knew the FISA support docs were altered, known exculpatory evidence not put forward, and Dossier from Clinton funded group he would not have started the process that eventually led to the Mueller investiagtion??

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Did you see Rosenstein in front of Congress say today if he knew the FISA support docs were altered, known exculpatory evidence not put forward, and Dossier from Clinton funded group he would not have started the process that eventually led to the Mueller investiagtion??
No because that's not what he said.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/02/86768...ving-joe-biden

Senate Republicans have launched politically loaded investigations into the Obama administration and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden that are expected to carry on into the fall.

its amazing to see the abuse of Power of republicans same play book they used on Hillary ..

"The public deserves to know how a guy who was vice president of the U.S. who is currently trying to be president got away with using the U.S. government to force a foreign country to stop investigating a company that was paying his son over $80,000 a month," said Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla.

to bad rick scott wasn't concerned with Trump rudy his kids and ukraine or the release of his tax returns .

but but hunter
Well, if we're not supposed to care about Biden and son, why should we be concerned abut Trump and kids?
Old 06-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Well, if we're not supposed to care about Biden and son, why should we be concerned abut Trump and kids?
Well, in Biden's court we have 80K and on the other side we have the most corrupt administration ever.

He has spent one out of every three days as president visiting one of his luxury resorts, hotels or golf courses.

He has leveraged his powerful international platform to promote his developments dozens of times.

He has directed millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers to his businesses around the globe.

A Chinese state-owned company was awarded a multimillion dollar contract to help develop a Trump golf course in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, amid a U.S.-China trade war.

T-Mobile executives stayed at Trump's Washington hotel while seeking a green light from the federal government for a merger.

His administration authorized foreign governments to rent condos in Trump World Tower in New York.

He has promoted his properties dozens of times while in office, mentioning them in official remarks, everywhere from the United Nations to the Oval Office, and in tweets to his more than 60 million followers, with the frequency increasing each year he’s been president.

Trump and his adult children have frequented Trump resorts around the globe on vacation and on business trips, forcing the Secret Service and other federal agencies accompanying them to spend taxpayer money at Trump properties.

The Secret Service spent more than $250,000 at Trump properties during a five-month period in 2017, according to documents, providing a hint of what it may have spent over the three years of his presidency. There’s no way to determine how much in total the administration is spending because no single entity tracks that money. But a little extrapolation says millions and millions and millions.

More than 100 officials and groups from 57 foreign countries have made visits to a Trump property

State-owned companies in China, Saudi Arabia and South Korea are building Trump resorts while other countries are constructing roads and donating public land for new developments

In the nation’s capital, Trump’s hotel has become a place to see and be seen for candidates, Trump staffers and lawmakers. Trump leases the building from the federal government despite language in the contract that says no “elected official of the Government of the United States ... shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom.”

That doesn't even bring into the picture Trump's benefits from tax changes that benefit real estate investors.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-03-2020, 05:22 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
when Biden puts Hunter in his administration. You might actually have a point..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-03-2020, 06:20 PM   #8
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No because that's not what he said.

I think you should go here : Pete - you too - where it says he wasn't working with the Russians.

https://youtu.be/cbvXIi7hV5I?t=2124

Watch the next to the end of the Graham / Rosenstein exchange.
Preferably go back further to here and get the 10 minutes.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
when Biden puts Hunter in his administration. You might actually have a point..
Hunter is more than being in a Biden administration. He is totally dependent on his daddy.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I think you should go here : Pete - you too - where it says he wasn't working with the Russians.

https://youtu.be/cbvXIi7hV5I?t=2124

Watch the next to the end of the Graham / Rosenstein exchange.
Preferably go back further to here and get the 10 minutes.
Reread your own post then revise.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Well, in Biden's court we have 80K and on the other side we have the most corrupt administration ever.

He has spent one out of every three days as president visiting one of his luxury resorts, hotels or golf courses.

He has leveraged his powerful international platform to promote his developments dozens of times.

He has directed millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers to his businesses around the globe.

A Chinese state-owned company was awarded a multimillion dollar contract to help develop a Trump golf course in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, amid a U.S.-China trade war.

T-Mobile executives stayed at Trump's Washington hotel while seeking a green light from the federal government for a merger.

His administration authorized foreign governments to rent condos in Trump World Tower in New York.

He has promoted his properties dozens of times while in office, mentioning them in official remarks, everywhere from the United Nations to the Oval Office, and in tweets to his more than 60 million followers, with the frequency increasing each year he’s been president.

Trump and his adult children have frequented Trump resorts around the globe on vacation and on business trips, forcing the Secret Service and other federal agencies accompanying them to spend taxpayer money at Trump properties.

The Secret Service spent more than $250,000 at Trump properties during a five-month period in 2017, according to documents, providing a hint of what it may have spent over the three years of his presidency. There’s no way to determine how much in total the administration is spending because no single entity tracks that money. But a little extrapolation says millions and millions and millions.

More than 100 officials and groups from 57 foreign countries have made visits to a Trump property

State-owned companies in China, Saudi Arabia and South Korea are building Trump resorts while other countries are constructing roads and donating public land for new developments

In the nation’s capital, Trump’s hotel has become a place to see and be seen for candidates, Trump staffers and lawmakers. Trump leases the building from the federal government despite language in the contract that says no “elected official of the Government of the United States ... shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom.”

That doesn't even bring into the picture Trump's benefits from tax changes that benefit real estate investors.
Wow! For a guy who doesn't do anything he sure is busy. Lots of Energy, giddy up, and go get 'em. Very successful. Most politicians can't match Trump no matter how hard they try. But they still manage to screw us while they make things worse. Trump makes America Great Again!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #12
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Reread your own post then revise.

Go to the longer link

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wow! For a guy who doesn't do anything he sure is busy. Lots of Energy, giddy up, and go get 'em. Very successful. Most politicians can't match Trump no matter how hard they try. But they still manage to screw us while they make things worse. Trump makes America Great Again!
Tweety is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity. This is not partisan. It is simply about recognizing the moral vacuum that is now pretending to lead.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Tweety is an awful man,

He's an OK man with more energy, ability, and accomplishment than the vast majority of men.

waving a book he hasn’t read,

He's read it. Or much of it.

in front of a church he doesn’t attend,

He honored the church that suffered damage done by the rioters still roaming the nearby streets.(yeah, yeah, you know he has no honor, blah, blah).

invoking laws he doesn’t understand,

He invokes many laws that he does understand or that he is advised of by "experts". Others disagree with him. And sometimes he gets it wrong.

against fellow Americans he sees as enemies,

Against Americans breaking the law.

wielding a military he dodged serving,

Presidents do wield the military, whether they served or not.

to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference,

You keep telling that debunked conspiracy.

exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke,

A lot of us don't fear him or what he does. It is natural for those who hate someone to fear him or what he does.
But that is a useless, divisive fear stoked by people like you.

after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about,

He addressed it and still is.

and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.

I'm trying to understand how he built a record strong economy, improved trade deals, picked one excellent SCOTUS Judge and one fairly good one, avoided major war in the Middle East, strengthened NATO, and more, on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.

This is not partisan. It is simply about recognizing the moral vacuum that is now pretending to lead.
I honestly don't think you have the consistent, rational, moral foundation which would enable you to recognize a moral vacuum. Just my honest opinion. Not intended as an insult. It's a very common condition. Most people have it. You may feel the same way about me, but I don't really care. Not about the way you feel about me, nor about its relevance in the coming election. I don't see Trump being any more a moral vacuum than Joe Biden, or Hillary and Bill Clinton, or Nancy Pelosi, or Chuck Schumer, or The Squad, or most Democrat politicians--it's not the issue at hand for me in this coming election.

Voting on the basis of some notion of morality can get you a Jimmy Carter. Or, even worse for atheists, someone like Mike Pence. I like Mike Pence and think he would make an excellent President.

The Issue for me is the conflict between a government based on a classical liberal foundation versus one based on the Progressive political ideology of an Administrative state. And I assume that most of the politicians on either side of that conflict will have some "moral" failings. And those on either side will even fall short of their professed agenda for government.

But so long as there is one side that at least leans more in its agenda toward classical liberal, Constitutional government, then I have some basis for whom I cast my vote. The Democrat Party has totally abandoned that ship and gone full Progressive.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:19 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Here's who we have, I choose America

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-03-2020, 10:59 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Here's who we have, I choose America

This is pure garbage.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Tweety is pure garbage.
Fixed it for you

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-04-2020, 09:43 AM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Fixed it for you
Childish.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Many people say there’s a weak, scared, and broken man hiding in the White House. He’s pacifying himself by using men and women in uniform and more layers of fencing to wall himself off from Americans.

This level of paranoia is bad for him and the office of the presidency.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-04-2020, 09:13 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Many people say there’s a weak, scared, and broken man hiding in the White House. He’s pacifying himself by using men and women in uniform and more layers of fencing to wall himself off from Americans.

This level of paranoia is bad for him and the office of the presidency.
Many people don't say what you said.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:25 AM   #21
wdmso

“Kentucky cutting number of polling places for Tuesday’s primary from 3700 to 200. There will be one polling place for 616,000 registered voters in Louisville’s Jefferson County, where half state’s black voters live,”

yep more of the same
Old 06-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Voter suppression 101 it’s the only way some can help their campaign chances.