Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Articles » News

News StriperTalk News Forum

Old 07-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
jonserfish

Canaliversary 100TH

By CAPE COD TIMES
July 29, 2014
Marking its grand opening on July 29, 1914, the Cape Cod Canal is celebrating its 100th birthday. Here is a schedule of today's events:

·· Official 100th Anniversary Commemoration, 1-4 p.m., Buzzards Bay Park, 70 Main St., Bourne. Tribute to those who helped build the canal and bridges. Featuring speakers including Command and District Engineer Col. Charles P. Samaris and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) Honorable Jo-Ellen Darcy; music by The Canal Festival Youth Orchestra, the Cape Symphony Youth Orchestra, the New Bedford Symphony Youth Orchestra, former “American Idol” contestant Siobhan Magnus and more.

· Tours of the TS Kennedy, MMA training ship. Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Free.

· Tours of the Tall Ship Kalmar Nyckel, replica of 17th-century tall ship. Massachusetts Maritime Academy. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free.

· Tours of the Schooner Mystic Tall Ship, Massachusetts Maritime Academy. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

· Tours of the Aptucxet Trading Post, Gray Gables Railroad Station and the Salt Works, Aptucxet Museum Complex, 24 Aptucxet Road, Bourne. Tours from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. $10.

· “Canaliversary,” 4-9 p.m., Buzzards Bay Park, 70 Main St., Bourne. Entertainment; various musical performances including Adam Ezra, Ryan Montbleau and more; games; engineering activities; antique cars and more.

· Tug Boat Parade, 4 p.m., parade starts at Massachusetts Maritime Academy, goes the full length of the canal, turns at the Sandwich end and comes back. Viewable from the canal banks.

· Centennial Firework Display, 9 p.m., over the railroad bridge, Bourne. Viewable for miles around Bourne, Wareham and the Onset Bay area. A pyrotechnic display never done before off the historic railroad bridge.

I LOVE it when MY WIFE lets me fish
jonserfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Guppy
User

And I worked all day! What a dummy!

Thanks Joneser
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Liv2Fish

I just drove through B-bay and I couldn't believe how many cars were parked all along cranberry Highway, from 7/11 to the Macos bridge and all along the down town by pass. The fire works were crazy from the little that I caught while driving through.

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Liv2Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
Guppy
User

A local guy donated $75K for them,,, talk about seeing your money go up in smoke,,, hats off to him
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
jonserfish

the pics going around online are awesome! I wonder how crazy security clearance must have been for the piro team to be able to get on the bridge

I LOVE it when MY WIFE lets me fish
jonserfish is offline   Reply With Quote