Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

Reasons to support Hillary

I need some help with this one and thought maybe someone here could help...these Hillary supporters didn't help.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/watters-w...005743286.html
Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

These companies apparently have reasons to support Hillary....
http://observer.com/2016/09/breaking...luence-buyers/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #3
ecduzitgood
time to go

I guess even Spence can't come up with reasons to support Hillary.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Nebe

He only defends.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

If you want to increase the number of voters for your candidate I would think giving reasons to support them works better than just defending them or to put it other terms, don't just put lipstick on the pig tell us why they aren't a pig.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sometimes that's all you got
Old 10-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
hq2

I dunno, not a huge Hillary supporter. As far as Trump is concerned...
in '62 my dad had the car packed to go to a fall out shelter during the Cuban missile crisis. 50% chance we had a nuclear war then. If it were
Trump on the trigger, more like 90. Case closed.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
in '62 my dad had the car packed to go to a fall out shelter during the Cuban missile crisis. 50% chance we had a nuclear war then. If it were
You've made an accusation. You did not make a case.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #9
scottw

heard a Hillary supporting talking head explain the other day that they were frustrated that Hillary's primary message as to why someone should support her is that she's "not Trump"....problem is that each time she tries to characterize Trump as a misogynist....Bill and all of his dirty deeds pop up..... as unstable....she keels over somewhere....as reckless.....more emails are released.....as an advantaged rich white guy....her ties to wall street and the advantaged super rich are shown....as crooked....we're reminded that she leads the league and has set the bar very high/or low, depending on how you view it..
......don't know about the story running on Drudge but now Bill Clinton's "son" has popped up?...apparently if Obama had a son he'd look like Bill Clinton's son? which I guess makes sense because Bill Clinton was actually our first black president......this too funny and gets more amusing all the time...which I guess is the point of reality TV...and WIKI leak is set to drop the big one?

Last edited by scottw; 10-04-2016 at 02:53 AM..
Old 10-18-2016, 11:21 AM   #10
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/1...hments?ref=yfp
Old 10-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #11
FishermanTim

Quote:

Would you rather have a president that was willing to defend the country or one that was willing to sell it out??

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
ecduzitgood
time to go

Some may find this a reason to support her.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/1...abedin?ref=yfp
Old 10-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #13
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

none that I know of unless you want corrupt big gov't and the status quo of the obamination. they both suck - it's more about platforms for me.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 10-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

If three quarters of the country feels we are heading in the wrong direction, then why is it that half the country will vote for her? I guess they are voting with emotions and not their brains, or they are listening to the biased media, or they have no clue what it takes to lead a country with strong leadership. If Clinton wins, our leadership will be weaker not stronger and it will be the end of this Republic.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
If three quarters of the country feels we are heading in the wrong direction, then why is it that half the country will vote for her? (
Because the other guy is no prize either...

and they are subscribing to the "The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't" philosophy

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #16
Slipknot
Super Moderator

So people know she is a liar and corrupt, but willing to go with more of the same as opposed to someone who still believes in the rule of law. I get it, the moral compass is tilted.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #17
hq2

Quote:
If three quarters of the country feels we are heading in the wrong direction, then why is it that half the country will vote for her?
Because she's the only major party candidate on the ballot who answers to the description of "sane and responsible adult". That's
about it. The other candidate, as his debate performances have shown, does not.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #18
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Because she's the only major party candidate on the ballot who answers to the description of "sane and responsible adult". That's
about it. The other candidate, as his debate performances have shown, does not.
The FBI didn't label Hillary as responsible, they labeled her reckless. Didn't someone on her staff inquire about if she knew what planet she is on.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #19
hq2

No doubt about it. Under any other circumstances, against any other candidate, it would likely cost her the election. But this is no ordinary other candidate.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I don't typically like to discuss politics, it's a good way to loose friends and make enemy's. I don't like Hilary, but Trump is a loose cannon and he can't keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to speak to the issues. He comes across as a narcissistic, egotistical, 13 year old in a suit. Last night i was just waiting for him to yell I am rubber and you are glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

I am personally embarrassed as an American, that the world is seeing that these two clowns are the best of the best and this is what is is store for the USA.

Makes me want to vomit, what a said state of affairs and if I have to watch one more negative ad; I think I'm trashing the TV remote.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-20-2016 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #21
scottw

heard Juan Williams whining that he's horrified that Trump is telling his supporters that the system is rigged and stacked against them...

ummmm Juan...

that's what Democrats tell their supporters every election cycle
Old 10-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I am personally embarrassed as an American, that the world is seeing that these two clowns are the best of the best and this is what is is store for the USA
Couldn't have said it better myself

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:

I don't typically like to discuss politics, it's a good way to loose friends and make enemy's.

I agree that it's difficult, usually impossible to discuss politics with someone, even a friend, who disagrees with you. Probably because politics is so important that most take it personally rather than objectively. An objective view would require a mutual understanding of the purpose of government. If that understanding cannot be mutual, but is a contest between personal points of view, then discussion is fruitless at best, bitterly argumentative at worst.

Unfortunately, most don't have a clear position on what government is, why we need it or don't, and how a nation of diverse individuals can all equally be served by it, if they are to be served at all. Even more unfortunate, most have fuzzy notions which are disconnected from foundational principles and which are reduced by politicians and the media who support them to government as an undefinable top down force which ensures their personal well-being--however and in which way government wishes to do so.

If we can get past the divide between your notion of personal well-being and mine, between your version of what government is and mine, what is left is a personality contest.

I don't like Hilary, but Trump is a loose cannon and he can't keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to speak to the issues. He comes across as a narcissistic, egotistical, 13 year old in a suit. Last night i was just waiting for him to yell I am rubber and you are glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Actually, he has spoken to issues, when he didn't have to rebut personal attacks. And he is not as loose a cannon as Hillary is a tightly wound robot. But his personality obviously rubs you the wrong way. That's what happens when elections become a personality contest and we vote on manufactured issues rather than on who will best govern by mutually agreed upon principles.

I am personally embarrassed as an American, that the world is seeing that these two clowns are the best of the best and this is what is is store for the USA.

Makes me want to vomit, what a said state of affairs and if I have to watch one more negative ad; I think I'm trashing the TV remote.
I don't find it difficult to decide on how to vote. I am not embarrassed as an American what the world thinks of our "clowns." The "world's" elites often think of all Americans as clowns. They do appreciate our military and monetary aid, but still consider us as clowns--powerful and rich clowns. Actually, our own American elites think of the rest of us as either clowns or useful idiots.

And I don't give a rat's butt about the two personalities running for President. The long history of our long line of Presidents is sprinkled with clowns, at least in the opinion of those who didn't, or don't, like them, but many who served the country well. Like the Rolling Stones said:

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"

I find it easy, and imperative that we need, if we wish to preserve American foundational principles, to vote for the candidate who is most likely to do that. And if you think that candidate is Hillary, you have a different idea of what government is for than I do.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Unfortunately the person I felt had the most promise didn't make it to the big show and what are my choices? On the one hand we have a women I don't trust and gives us business as usual, or a man I wouldn't trust alone with my sister, my girlfriend or my money. Two very bad choices IMHO and Election Day can't come soon enough for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Unfortunately the person I felt had the most promise didn't make it to the big show and what are my choices? On the one hand we have a women I don't trust and gives us business as usual, or a man I wouldn't trust alone with my sister, my girlfriend or my money. Two very bad choices IMHO and Election Day can't come soon enough for me.
I absolutely understand your dilemma. But one of the two is going to be President.

I don't think you have to worry about either of them being alone with your sister, or your girlfriend. As far as your money goes, neither of them personally needs it. One of them has promised to spend more of the nation's money than the other. But the President, alone, can't run up the nation's debt. It takes Congress to abet or instigate the squandering of our wealth.

It seems that Democrat Congress people and most Republican Congress types would prefer to run up that debt, if past performance is any indication. And a lot of the Repub Congress folks seem like they would rather "work" with Hillary than with Trump even though he has proposed very "conservative" cabinet members and SCOTUS Judges. Makes you wonder. It seems that, as has been their way, many Repubs would want to continue "business as usual" as you put it.

It seems that Trump is the outsider to the Washington establishment. And if that establishment in its current form fears the outsider, that is an indication that it wants to continue "business as usual."

My opinion, if it is of any help with your dilemma, is that being concerned with what our government, in principle, really is, would be more of a concern than the personality of the candidates. Ask yourself what you really and fundamentally want your Federal Government to be. And consider how every American, regardless of how different they may be from you, can equally be served by government as you define it. Consider how much power you want government to have in defining your life. Be real, don't submit to platitudes that sound nice. What is it that you most fundamentally want from government, what abides from day to day, year to year, generation to generation, not that which may or may not temporarily plug a hole in the dike but that which guarantees a dike that is impenetrable against a government that rules beyond the limits that you think are just and viable for the well being of all our people.

If you believe that government should be able to do whatever it wishes and even to define what our "rights" are in order to make our lives viable, happy, and free, then you could probably consider Hillary the better of a bad choice.

If you want the Federal Government to be limited to defined duties, and that you have "rights" beyond the reach of government, and you want to define your own life so long as it doesn't take away someone else's right to do so, you could most likely consider Trump as the preferable odious choice.

And if you want a change from business as usual, which is more likely to make that happen, the outsider or the insider?

I think, if past is prologue, that if Hillary is elected, things will progress as usual at an even faster rate. With Trump, that may or may not happen. But the foreboding is that there will be conflict between Trumpers and the status quo. And it would be difficult for the Republicans, if they hold Congress, to refuse his SCOTUS nominations, which may be our last hope of stopping business as usual from finally achieving government by, of, and for government, rather than government by, of and for the People.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-21-2016 at 12:10 AM..
Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You've made an accusation. You did not make a case.

Accusations is all most have have provided against Hilliary for months

yet you are 1 of the few that have made the case For as to why Trump would be a better Choice (one issue) which is your choice.. I choose not to take a narrow view of the next 4 years
yet I clearly understand the Potus is not the issue its congress if either win its congress who will make the difference.. if they choose to do anything

He is unfit just by this statement alone

Donald Trump Says He'll Accept The Results Of The Election ... If He Wins

Last edited by wdmso; 10-21-2016 at 04:52 AM..
Old 10-21-2016, 05:02 AM   #27
wdmso

I am voting for Hillary because she is the best qualified choice of the 2 in a huge spectrum over Trump

you dont hire a plumber to wire your your house

yet some are willing to hire a foul mouth wrecking ball operator to FIX the Washington establishment... because he thinks The Potus can say your Fired !!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:15 AM   #28
scottw

giving Hillary the power of the Presidency is like hiring a known pedophile to run your day care and hire the staff....whatever crazy stuff Donald may say....what Hillary will do is far, far worse.....
Old 10-21-2016, 06:12 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

I believe it was Obama who said Hilary will say anything and do nothing.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:09 AM   #30
scottw

pretty close....

Obama: "I’m Barack Obama, running for president and I approve this message."

Announcer: "It’s what’s wrong with politics today. Hillary Clinton will say anything to get elected. Now she’s making false attacks on Barack Obama.

"Hillary Clinton. She’ll say anything, and change nothing. It’s time to turn the page. Paid for by Obama for America."

this is still pretty accurate