Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-18-2020, 05:16 AM   #1
wdmso

Tax breaks

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53816277

“We will create tax credits for companies that bring jobs from China back to America,” Mr Trump said.

Question with all these tax breaks he is offering from payroll taxes to more corporate tax breaks.. how do we pay our Bill's as a country from the military to Social Security or debt .were do we take it from

And these and many of his latest proposals seem to be just hatched for his election , like the drilling in Alaska..U.S. Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette say the Us is all ready energy independent, so why now? These old world views like I've said before based on nostalgic thinking , but I cant see any other reason ..or any delevoped plan .. hes just shooting from the hip hoping to keep some votes
Old 08-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

The last time Biden was in office, more wealth was created for our country than at any other moment in history.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The last time Biden was in office, more wealth was created for our country than at any other moment in history.
also the slowest recovery ever.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Didn't end till Tweety's failures killed it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Didn't end till Tweety's failures killed it
Covid put a temporary halt to it. Everything moving in a positive direction now, isn't it? That's all on tweety in your mind? All the nursing home deaths in NY are Trumps fault, Cuomo doesn't own any of that?
Old 08-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
And when Trump creates wealth, you guys moan about income inequality...did income inequality not increase under the Obama/Biden administration? Or did it increase, but you didn't care because of the 'D' after their name?

Just a tiny bit of consistency, would go a long way.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Want to talk about consistency?

“We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt,” he said, referring to the gross federal debt (which actually was $18.1 trillion at the end of 2015). “How long would that take?” the interviewers asked. “I would say over a period of eight years,” he responded.

Over the first three years of his administration, Trump went in the opposite direction, increasing the annual budget deficit from $585 billion (in Obama’s last year) to $984 billion in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019.

This increase was due mainly to higher government spending. By December 31, 2019, the gross federal debt had increased 14 percent since 2016 and reached $22.7 trillion—and all of that before COVID-19 hit.

President Trump’s attitude on debt and deficit seems to have changed somewhat since his interview with Woodward and Costa. At a January 17, 2020 Republican fundraiser, Trump declared “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Want to talk about consistency?

“We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt,” he said, referring to the gross federal debt (which actually was $18.1 trillion at the end of 2015). “How long would that take?” the interviewers asked. “I would say over a period of eight years,” he responded.

Over the first three years of his administration, Trump went in the opposite direction, increasing the annual budget deficit from $585 billion (in Obama’s last year) to $984 billion in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019.

This increase was due mainly to higher government spending. By December 31, 2019, the gross federal debt had increased 14 percent since 2016 and reached $22.7 trillion—and all of that before COVID-19 hit.

President Trump’s attitude on debt and deficit seems to have changed somewhat since his interview with Woodward and Costa. At a January 17, 2020 Republican fundraiser, Trump declared “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”
yes, I want to talk about consistency.

I claim that Obama's deficit spending was harmful for future generations. I also conclude that Trumps deficit spending is harmful for future generations.

Can you say the same thing? Can you fault both men for the massive debt they accumulated? No you can't. Obama gets a pass, and Trump gets criticism.

Who is consistent, Pete? And who isn't? Answer that, please, and have fun with it.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #9
wdmso

JIM
Question with all these tax breaks he is offering from payroll taxes to more corporate tax breaks.. how do we pay our Bill's as a country from the military to Social Security or debt .were do we take it from
Old 08-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
JIM
Again, Trumps adding to the debt, is harmful. Just as it was when Obama added trillions. You're not going to catch my in hypocrisy.

How about you? Obviously you're concerned about Trumps deficit spending. But how about the trillions that Obama added to the debt? Did you ever, ever express any concern? I'll bet you did not.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, Obama’s solution to the inability to fund the government and pay down the debt wasn’t to reduce taxes in an economic expansion.
Tweety’s was and unfortunately the Bill always comes due.
But as he said at a January 17, 2020 Republican fundraiser, Trump declared “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, Obama’s solution to the inability to fund the government and pay down the debt wasn’t to reduce taxes in an economic expansion.
Tweety’s was and unfortunately the Bill always comes due.
But as he said at a January 17, 2020 Republican fundraiser, Trump declared “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”
Boy, did you step in it.

Obama cut taxes in 2009 and 2013 (extended the Bush tax cuts) - look it up. By 2013, the economy was really expanding. So Obama cut taxes in an expanding economy, which you fault Trump for doing.

MAKE. THAT. WRONG.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-26-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

If a double standard is saying increase debt in recession and reduce it in expansion, then to claim that Tweety’s policy of adding to the debt while claiming to have the greatest economy ever is.........
Most people would realize he’s gaslighting you and you’re paying for what he’s claiming to be doing.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:55 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
If a double standard is saying increase debt in recession and reduce it in expansion, then to claim that Tweety’s policy of adding to the debt while claiming to have the greatest economy ever is.........
Most people would realize he’s gaslighting you and you’re paying for what he’s claiming to be doing.
Obama cut taxes in 2013. Look it up. By then, the economy was expanding.

So Obama cut taxes, adding to the debt, in an expanding economy. Which you said was bad, when Trump did it at least!
Old 08-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obama cut taxes in 2013. Look it up. By then, the economy was expanding.

So Obama cut taxes, adding to the debt, in an expanding economy. Which you said was bad, when Trump did it at least!
Ever heard of the Tea Party?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2020, 08:08 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ever heard of the Tea Party?
Wuh?

Let's recap!

You are fine with the number of kids Obama put in cages, but outraged at the number of kids Trump put in cages.

You are fine with the # of executive orders Obama signed, but outraged by the number that Trump signed.

And you are fine with Obama cutting taxes during economic expansion, but outraged when Trump did it.

Nah, you're not a blind, thoughtless, ideologue. Not in the least.

This is what bitch slapped looks like.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Wuh?

Let's recap!

You are fine with the number of kids Obama put in cages, but outraged at the number of kids Trump put in cages.

You are fine with the # of executive orders Obama signed, but outraged by the number that Trump signed.

And you are fine with Obama cutting taxes during economic expansion, but outraged when Trump did it.

Nah, you're not a blind, thoughtless, ideologue. Not in the least.

This is what bitch slapped looks like.
Fool, you’re felating yourself as usual.
What budget was Obama presented by Congress

Lets Go Darwin