Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Dream on
He has no idea what he is doing, why do you think Haley bailed?
You have information on why she resigned? Because I didn't see anything. You are so well informed...
Old 10-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you claiming that Newt was responsible for later collapse of the economy, housing bubble etc.
Did you forget the "largest" tax increase in history signed by Clinton in his first year?
The dot com bubble, booming stock market along with a surge in capital gains taxes paid
I said that Newt Gingrich crafted the budget, which Bill Clinton signed, which most people say helped the economy soar for a decade. You are, of course, free to disagree.

As to the housing bubble? Blame on both sides. The law that allowed banks to get into the business of selling fishy derivatives was crafted by a republican congress and signed by Bill Clinton. And I know that liberals like yourself don't like this notion, but we also did a lot to bring it upon ourselves. Too many of us bought houses we couldn't afford. It's not the governments job to be our personal financial advisors.

"Did you forget the "largest" tax increase in history signed by Clinton in his first year?"

no, I remember it. I also remember it failed to help the economy, so he eventually teamed up with Gingrich.

"a surge in capital gains taxes paid"

Aha!! Correct!! More capital gains taxes were paid!! But that was AFTER capital gains tax rates were cut. Clinton lowered capital gains tax rates, and then capital gains tax revenue collected, increased.

Boy, you just can't process anything that doesn't support pure liberalism, can you?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

You just have to blame someone for your victimization.
Almost all that is bad is the fault of liberal ideology, with some minor exceptions.
Always lots of fault to go around, Maybe if you listen to Ray Dalio you might expand your horizons beyond State news and party rhetoric

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
He has no idea what he is doing, why do you think Haley bailed?
Because the next years would help her political career?
Or she’s better off to disassociate herself now?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You have information on why she resigned? Because I didn't see anything. You are so well informed...
Read the red part

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
You just have to blame someone for your victimization.
Almost all that is bad is the fault of liberal ideology, with some minor exceptions.
Always lots of fault to go around, Maybe if you listen to Ray Dalio you might expand your horizons beyond State news and party rhetoric
"You just have to blame someone for your victimization."

I'm not anyone's victim.

"Almost all that is bad is the fault of liberal ideology"

Never said that either. I agree with liberals on some things. But by and large, because of the degree to which they despise Trump, they are coming un-glued.

"you might expand your horizons beyond State news and party rhetoric"

I'm also not a party parrot. Ray Dalio is an institutional investor?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Pete, as a resident of CT, I agree with you that there need to be limits on debt. and there are plenty of hypocrites on the right, who never stopped complaining about the debt that Obama racked up, but who don't say anything about Trump debt. That's pure hypocrisy.

CT will be the first state, I predict, to go insolvent. We're in big, big trouble.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And how did he do it? Do you remember? Did he do it by embracing liberal economics? Or did he do it by signing Newt Gingrich's budget?
He didn't do it. The debt increased under Clinton. Maybe Pete is mixing the deficit with the debt.