Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
basswipe

Best bang for the buck is Cabelas Gold Medal waders.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
luds
Night Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Best bang for the buck is Cabelas Gold Medal waders.
Good deal but no longer made in tall sizes.
luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
steve24

LL bean has always been good to me. If the waders had a leak( user error or not) they would refund/ replace with no questions asked.
steve24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
maddog2020

LL Bean West Branch waders get my vote - awesome service and waders made in lots of sizes. Im my case I needed the small short.

If you have more $ to burn then the Simms Guide weight or their big $$ model are the nutz !!

For ankle control I like the stocking foots over bootfoots. Korkers are a must on rocks and you can use them over bootfoots as well. Typically I use my stockingfoots w/ old Patagonia Beefy boots (felt w/ carbide studs).

Ray 'md2020'
maddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Clogston29
xxx

I've had nothing but problems with the Cabela's guide plus - never even gotten a month out of them - I probably try to do too much in them and stretch the seams. My patagonia's are holding strong after about 3.5 months (the most I've ever gotten out of waders) and that includes a weed of climbing around on BI and a few nights on Cutty. Plus you can rest assured that patagonia will take care of any issues that arise. I may pick up a pair of simms this winter and rotate the too. I'd go with beans for the warranty but they don't fit me right.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I got Simms pro guide and a pair of Gralite for boulder bouncing .. Last pair of Gralite last me 15yrs heavy use . some lite patching at the end ,, boots wore out too ..
http://www.gralite.com/products/waders_hipboots.html

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
missing link

wally world waders // say that 3 times fast, cheap, had mine 3 yrs no leak there a bit stiff but the work 4 me

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #8
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
I got Simms pro guide and a pair of Gralite for boulder bouncing .. Last pair of Gralite last me 15yrs heavy use . some lite patching at the end ,, boots wore out too ..
http://www.gralite.com/products/waders_hipboots.html
Your approach is ideal, I think. Sometimes we expect too much from our waders. Knowing when to put on something like Gra-lites or a wetsuit is the best way to avoid leaks.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote