Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
gregorjim
gregorjim

Wonderbread paint finish?

Anyone have a picture of this color on a plug, or know where I can view one? thanks, Jim
Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
Raven

yep in the plug section

do a search on the site.......
Old 12-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Wonderbread

"Clown" Wonderbread and what is known as "Cotton Candy" wonderbread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WB2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	30579   Click image for larger version

Name:	WB3.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	30580  

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
saltydog

LARRY, you have to STOP posting pic's of PLUGS NOW I WANT ONE do you have a wounderbred JOINTED laying around if so PM me PLEASE

gregorjim, look under re-paint I got one there
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
gregorjim
gregorjim

Talking

Thanks to all the replys..I'm ordering pearl paint now..Jim
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
adson

for wonderbread plugs I like the Krylon
"make it pearl" spray. I think it has a deeper
look to it than pearl paints.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
smitty919

Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

SMITTY HOW MUCH?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
smitty919

why is it that you are always trying to start stuff.......

you know what sooner or later every one is going to get fed up with you and you will be wondering what you did wrong.

OK I'm done with this site later ..........
Old 12-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

not starting anything smitty Every picture you've posted here lately is a plug on your site for sale and I'm busting your balls. Too many guys online lately publicly saying they're not selling then they post somewhere that they don't think it will get back to anyone they have stuff for sale. I sleep at night if it bothers others sorry.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorjim View Post
Anyone have a picture of this color on a plug, or know where I can view one? thanks, Jim

sorry you didn't get that many real replies to your question
I guess with so many members intimidated to get turned in by the plug police, not many post pics of plugs anymore.

If I had some pics, I'd post then for you, sorry

good luck

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
SMITTY HOW MUCH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty919 View Post
why is it that you are always trying to start stuff.......

you know what sooner or later every one is going to get fed up with you and you will be wondering what you did wrong.

OK I'm done with this site later ..........
Quote:
not starting anything smitty Every picture you've posted here lately is a plug on your site for sale and I'm busting your balls. Too many guys online lately publicly saying they're not selling then they post somewhere that they don't think it will get back to anyone they have stuff for sale. I sleep at night if it bothers others sorry.

WTF!

not starting anything? ya right

how do you have time for your hobby of busting balls? I thought you were a busy plug builder Scott. You are driving members away from here. Is that what you are trying to do? mold the forum to your liking? gimme a break please. the holier than thou schtik has gotten way old. Keep it up and this type of thing will really drive people away, it pains me to see this once great forum be a shell of what it once was or could be.

reply if you choose, here where you started it please, I don't want email

thanks for cooporating and getting along

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

like I said, post reply here not by email or pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
can i have another infraction now?

Careful or the plug police will pull you over

Bruce this has been gone around so many times it's pathetic and the guy is still doing it. I ain't the bad guy I'm only breakin his balls. Whether it's him, $%@#&*, @#$%^& or %$#@!*&(, any of these asschumps they're ALL selling their stuff in shops. Most doing it in unmarked bags now too...how freakin childish is that. The fact is EVERY single picture he's posted on that site has made it up for sale on his own website within a few weeks. He's trolling for sales at the Asbury show or online thru pm's or his own site.

I very seriously doubt saying something to someone pulling this stuff keeps someone from legitimately putting up pics of their stuff. If it does then there's something wrong.
[end quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep something is wrong
members have told me they are not comfortable posting pics of their plugs.

what is it to you if some people do sell plugs anyway? you don't have to make it your own personal crusade to call people out on the forum.

just reply on the thread please and sort it out where you started it,

thanks, Bruce

no need for speculation, try giving people the benefit of a doubt

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
Jenn

Play nice boys...

Seriously though I did not see that Smitty was directly trying to sell plugs in the post so whats the problem? I dont know what the intent was and I dont get into the "politics" between plugs builders (thank goodness) so other than a pic of some plugs pertaining to the original question I dont see a problem here.That is after all what this forum is for, no? To make plugs, share info and learn from each other?

Simplify.......
Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

hey Bruce you want it public here it is! I sent you a pm because I didn't feel this belonged online. Since your a moderator and said post it here then hey why not I got NOTHING to hide.

Why should I or Bigfish or Afterhours pay to be a sponsor of this site when guys like Smitty, Sporty, Fishdoc, Charleston, Baystalker, and many many more continually post pictures on here when they're doing nothing but trolling for sales?

Let's take smitty for instance. Every single post he's had with pictures here recently HAS been posted somewhere else including his own website with pictures of the same plugs in packages and for sale. So it's fair to everyone on here for this to keep happening time and time again? We been through this before and it's a sticky at the top of the forum. Not only is it against the site's policy of giving these guys free advertising in some cases these guys are in shops in plain package wrappers, or selling on other private forums here BLATANTLY and also doing it via private messages.

I've seen enough of this bs to last a lifetime. And when I do I'm going to say something. Why anyone would have a problem posting pictures of something if they're not selling or have nothing to hide is beyond me, nor can I understand why you feel it drives people away. I don't even post pictures here anymore because I've heard enough crap about being spam spam spam etc myself.

NO holier than though attitude. MY attitude is if your gonna sell then PAY to be a sponsor, PAY your frickin taxes-state, federal, and excise! Why should any of these guys get to make more money than any advertiser here!

Bruce you or anyone else can flame all you want I couldn't care less. Not one of these guys affects what I do every day but I'm tired of paying through the frickin nose every day when these guerilla marketers play cheat the system behind the scenes.

IT'S NOT FAIR to ANYONE who supports this site. The difference is I got the balls to say it publicly.

RANT OFF
Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

My last reply apparently got edited so here goes again.

Scott, if you, Bigfish or Afterhours, or any other sponsors have legitimate feeling that someone is spamming the forum, let me know. Please don't take it upon yourself to be the moderator / plug police or whatever. The purpose of this forum is to share plug building info, not to decide who can post what or who is doing what.

This plug board is a litle stagnant, partially due to crap like this, and it is time for that to change. If you or anyone else has a problem with that, contact me.

From here on out, no more "Ball Busting" suspected "Spammers" that are participating in the forums.

For those that are selling commercially elsewhere, please, I encourage you to participate and enjoy the forums. I also think it is more than reasonable to NOT conduct selling here. Thanks!

John

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #17
smitty919

Just for the record i am a commercial builder and do pay all my tax's.
I have never and will never pm any person to sell my plugs. "dont need to"

I posted 3 plug pictures of plugs including the wonder breads in the last 2 months so i dont know how you say im spamming yes 2 of them are now something on my site but that was it.

This is and will be the 2nd site i dont visit any more due to the problems you start with other builders just not worth it.....

I really hope you dont drive this one to the ground as you did with the others.

See you all on the flip side......
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'd never have known he had a site or sold plugs if you had'nt announced it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #19
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Smitty - stick around, we're trying to improve things here.

Personally, I have not seen or heard any complaints that you are selling under the table here so understand that my post was indicating that. What I was saying is a little more of a blanket statement on commercial selling.Anyway, reconsider, hang out, and lets get this stuff fun again.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #20
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Smitty - stick around, we're trying to improve things here.

Personally, I have not seen or heard any complaints that you are selling under the table here so understand that my post was indicating that. What I was saying is a little more of a blanket statement on commercial selling.Anyway, reconsider, hang out, and lets get this stuff fun again.
i agree... stick around. besides, its winter time and this is when everyone gets all antsy in their pantsies

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
striperman36
Old Guy

Maybe we should have a pissing match forum and just let them fight it out over there.
Personally, I don't even know the guy, so I don't know about all this illegal selling stuff.
I do know I wish I could see other peoples efforts and the DIY on how to do what they do.
I miss that here it never seems to get there.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #22
Lower

So gregorjim...all clear now?

Hi guys .
Old 12-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #23
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

3 styles of Wonder Bread that I've seen/done .
1. I'll just call multi colored dots
2. same as above only you go over it with a pearl white to tone it down a bit .
3. you don't do little dots, but multi color the whole plug (blotch if you will) the white pearl over that . Larry's jointed above looks like a good example of that style ..
Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #24
Bay Stalker
Electrocutioner

Send a message via AIM to Bay Stalker
He is the reason I stopped posting here. He should worry more about him self. To let him attack people all the time will keep turning guys away.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Stalker View Post
He is the reason I stopped posting here. He should worry more about him self. To let him attack people all the time will keep turning guys away.
Turning guys away from what?? spamming? These lure forums are for the sharing of info between hobbyists.
If you ask me all of the under the table spammers on here and other sites do more to discourage posting than anything.. I say that because I know several people who wont post their new ideas because they know that most guys who sell wouldnt think twice about ripping off an idea that was thought up by someone who will probably not try to capitalize on it.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #26
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Ha! Just wait until Eddy, Paul, and I retire and form the Leaky Prostate Lure Manufacturing Co. As long as our bowels are not too much of a problem and one of us can still remember where our shop is located, we'll put all these whipper snappers out of business.....unless of course we squander all our capital by hiring a secretary with really huge breasts.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #27
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Ha! Just wait until Eddy, Paul, and I retire and form the Leaky Prostate Lure Manufacturing Co. As long as our bowels are not too much of a problem and one of us can still remember where our shop is located, we'll put all these whipper snappers out of business.....unless of course we squander all our capital by hiring a secretary with really huge breasts.
Yeah what he said, really huge like the personal nurse for the guy from Penzance Point.

I must say this forum is dead as a doornail. Really stinks how far it has gone down. A real shame. Have no idea what will bring it back to its heyday. Wish I did. Any ideas people? The other major bass site's plugmaking forum is flourishing. Seems pretty similar to ours.

Last edited by ProfessorM; 12-27-2008 at 05:00 PM..

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 12-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #28
Karl F

i ain't gonna pick a fight wit nobody...(please hold the spam tho ).... how's about posting some pics of the stuff ya all been buildin' for your wintah fun, just for starters...

i showed my fall stuff the past month or so... what u guys been doing????
Old 12-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #29
Diggin Jiggin

I like wonder bread when it's done very lightly like on the old pearl bombers.

Here's one I did last year that I haven't fished yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0123.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	30687  
Old 12-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #30
Striperknight
Plug Paladin

This site has the same problem SS.com has/had. On the one hand you have pros who pay money to sponsor and keep the lights on.

Then you have the smaller guys who will blitz 5-6 sites with their newer creations pics and never hear much from them again.

Do you blame a guy who pays for a sponsorship to be mad?

If you place limit these smaller guys and they all get in a tiff and dont post(not that they posted a lot anyway). Some have good intentions and others are spaming. Sometimes its hard to tell this but I know I like all the pictures.

The site owners/mods get put in a bad position because the want
to keep the lights on and still have content.

Paul that other site does not have paid sponsors and you don't have these problems cause people can post anything they want.

There is no easy answer to this. SS com made a ruling that only
people who don't sell plugs anywhere and it brought the forum to trickle. Seems more people sell they lead you to believe.

I have no problems with big or small builders just saying that
because money (sponsorship) is in this equation
it gets ugly fast.
Closed Thread