Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
PaulS

Nothing on the sexual harasser?

I would have thought you guys would have been all over this. Every statement, deed, action by Obama is dissected here yet someone who sexually harrasses 2 woman gets a pass! How about his flip flopping on whether he remembered that incident and if there was a settlement (I thought he was a hands on, take charge CEO)? And how about Rush and Ann's pulling the race card - I think I saw she even pulled out the "High tech lynching" line.

nothing?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I would have thought you guys would have been all over this. Every statement, deed, action by Obama is dissected here yet someone who sexually harrasses 2 woman gets a pass! How about his flip flopping on whether he remembered that incident and if there was a settlement (I thought he was a hands on, take charge CEO)? And how about Rush and Ann's pulling the race card - I think I saw she even pulled out the "High tech lynching" line.

nothing?
Obama is the president and Cain is one of 10 potential nominees so its a little different. I cant give him a pass or comment since there have been zero details released. We have no idea what the complaint gainst him was? Do you have info? I think the major criticism is that he changed his story in a matter of a few hours, pretty lame performance and I think it will hurt him. very few think he has a chance anyway. Did you hear his two different takes on abortion - it was hilarious, he made no sense.
I dont think this rises to the level of John Edwards banging his staff and having an illegimate child while his wife battled cancer but who am I to say. Did you see Perry's speech in new hampshire? Guy was giddy, pretty funny and much more interesting than Cain.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

here you go, man this is freakin funny. I never liked the guy but do now, he is wacky!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Obama is the president and Cain is one of 10 potential nominees so its a little different. I cant give him a pass or comment since there have been zero details released. We have no idea what the complaint gainst him was? Do you have info? I think the major criticism is that he changed his story in a matter of a few hours, pretty lame performance and I think it will hurt him. very few think he has a chance anyway. Did you hear his two different takes on abortion - it was hilarious, he made no sense.
I dont think this rises to the level of John Edwards banging his staff and having an illegimate child while his wife battled cancer but who am I to say. Did you see Perry's speech in new hampshire? Guy was giddy, pretty funny and much more interesting than Cain.
I don't have any more details than you but given that there was a settlement, I'm sure something happened more beyond his holding his hand up to his chin and saying something like your just as tall as my wife. It's hard to rank harrassment but Edwards certainly was as low as you can go. Good point about pres. vs. candidate. Yes, Perry's speech on $/gold and Cain's flip flopping on abortion were funny. I attribute both (and many other mis-statments by candidates/pres.) to the incessant round the clock media coverage.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Yes, Perry's speech on $/gold and Cain's flip flopping on abortion were funny. I attribute both (and many other mis-statments by candidates/pres.) to the incessant round the clock media coverage.
Come on Paul, lets be realistic and just agree on this...both Perry and Cain suck as canditates. It may be the one time we ever agree.
I think it will be Romney vs Obama and I will reluctantly pull the trigger on the R ticket just so I have the right to complain.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
fishbones

I haven't read an impartial article on the harrassment claims yet, but from the details, it seems like this could have been handled much better by Cain and his people.

The one article I read was from a conservative outlet, so I won't put too much stock in it. But if it's true, it's gonna be bad for him. He won't get the same passes (from voters, not the media) Obama got when he was running for pres.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
PaulS

I'd take Perry over Cain if he didn't say he wanted to cede from the US. I can't get past that. And I agree it will be Romney vs Obama.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just a couple more voted off the island.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
spence

I don't think Cain sexually harassed anybody but it's sure looking like he lied about not doing it.

This is called poor campaign management.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Fishpart
Keep The Change

What about the guy who had inappropriate relationship with on of his underlings pretty much lied about it and got re-elected..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
Clammer

FP STILL ALIVE ><<><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
What about the guy who had inappropriate relationship with on of his underlings pretty much lied about it and got re-elected..
Are you talking about Clinton? Might want to check the dates on that. Maybe you are talking about someone else...

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
Fly Rod

Where was Cain flip flopping on abortion?

He couldn't be any firmer on his stance about abortion. He is against it, period.

I think it should be a woman's right if she does or does not want abortion.

When will we recognize women as 1st class citizens.

Do not rule out Newt.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post

He couldn't be any firmer on his stance about abortion. He is against it, period. I think it should be a woman's right if she does or does not want abortion.

Clear?
So he is against it personally, but they must be legally available if it remains a women's choice. Most against it are against it, period.

I'm pro-choice, but not pro-'everyone get one'-abortion, whatever JimCT thinks...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post

seriously? I guess you havent heard the John Stossel (sp) Interview? He flip flops mid sentence!

wtf...watch this!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
Piscator

Why do we never hear about hot chicks sexualy harassing guys? I think we need more of that, might make the world a better place.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is called poor campaign management.
I blame the campaign manager for all Cain's missteps. Didn't they think somone was going to ask his view on abortion?

The guy wants to be the next Karl Rove - he has a long way to go.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #18
Fly Rod

Quote:
seriously? I guess you havent heard the John Stossel (sp) Interview? He flip flops mid sentence!

wtf...watch this!

Maybe I need a hearing aid, but I thought I heard him loud and clear,"he is pro-life," does not personelly believes in abortion. And government should not be involved with a womens wishes one way or the other.

Like I said I can care less if a woman wants one or not and I will add that as long as my taxes do not contribute to an abortion go ahead and have one.

Did you get a good look at Stossels eyes, were they diolated?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Maybe I need a hearing aid, but I thought I heard him loud and clear,"he is pro-life," does not personelly believes in abortion. And government should not be involved with a womens wishes one way or the other

so how can you be pro-life and then say the government should not be involved? Thats the very definition of pro choice!
A "womens wishes" equals her "choice"!

Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Clear?
So he is against it personally, but they must be legally available if it remains a women's choice. ....
Of course it must be legally available, at their own expense, not on my dollar. Lets not take a step backwards and use the coat hanger.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #21
Fly Rod

Quote:
A "womens wishes" equals her "choice"!
You are correct! Not my choice, not the governments choice, not the churches choice, not the devils choice, but, her choice alone.

A woman's belief could be pro-life before unknowingly becoming pregnant with an un-warnting fetus and may want to become pro-choice and decide to abort.

My question is, if she was blonde, how would she think??
Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
Jim in CT

The Dems didn't hold sexual impropriety against Bill Clinton, and they sure as hell didn't hold it against Ted Kennedy. So why do personal ethics matter only with GOP candidates? I'm sorry, but even i fthe claims are true (and that's a huge "if"), I don't feel like getting lectured about morality from the party that elects Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy. Unbelievable double standard.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The Dems didn't hold sexual impropriety against Bill Clinton, and they sure as hell didn't hold it against Ted Kennedy. So why do personal ethics matter only with GOP candidates? I'm sorry, but even i fthe claims are true (and that's a huge "if"), I don't feel like getting lectured about morality from the party that elects Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy. Unbelievable double standard.
"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing.... To the extent that he is free from the shackles of dogma, he can respond to the realities of the widely different situations...." Saul Alinsky
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
Someone who makes comments about woman's looks discussing morality is hilarious. I thought the repubs. where the party of morals?
Old 11-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Someone who makes comments about woman's looks discussing morality is hilarious. I thought the repubs. where the party of morals?
Who discussed women's looks?

God damn right we're the party of morality. So if genuinely righteous conservatives want to hold this against Cain, I'm fine with that. But when the party whose motto is "if it feels good, do it, and screw the consequences" suddenly gets selective about ethics, that's a double standard.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
I'm sure that Paul has never made a comment about or discussed a woman's looks not that there's anything wrong with that
Old 11-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:

God damn right we're the party of morality. So if genuinely righteous conservatives want to hold this against Cain, I'm fine with that. But when the party whose motto is "if it feels good, do it, and screw the consequences" suddenly gets selective about ethics, that's a double standard.
Rachel Madow - a week or 2 ago. Cain's ratings and donations hit record levels right after this came out. Rush, Coulter and others came right to his defense. Where is the criticism from the Rebubs.? There is the double standard. I've always said both parties are the same but Scott doesn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm sure that Paul has never made a comment about or discussed a woman's looks not that there's anything wrong with that
Not in a public forum just because I dislike her politics. You find a picture of Madow in a bikini that she posted, then she's open game.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Check out some old threads about Sarah Palin. I remember Paul making some comments about her looks. But it's different when it's a whack job Republican woman, so I guess it's doesn't count.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Check out some old threads about Sarah Palin. I remember Paul making some comments about her looks. But it's different when it's a whack job Republican woman, so I guess it's doesn't count.
Did I call her a dog, animal or something similiar?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rachel Madow - a week or 2 ago. Cain's ratings and donations hit record levels right after this came out. Rush, Coulter and others came right to his defense. Where is the criticism from the Rebubs.? There is the double standard. I've always said both parties are the same but Scott doesn't think so.

Not in a public forum just because I dislike her politics. You find a picture of Madow in a bikini that she posted, then she's open game.
I didn't know you were talking about me...guilty as charged, Rachael Maddow is a repugnant beast, and a deranged hate-monger. I don't just dislike her politics...she is an intellectually dishonest, sniveloing coward who, like just about everyone else at that network, refuses to engage in smart people who disagree with her.

"Where is the criticism from the Rebubs.?"

Criticism for WHAT? Anonymous women who have made vague allegations? What should we do, lynch Cain on the spot?

The hypocrisy is glaring on the left, because if Cain was liberal, all the liberal jerks would be saying that he is presumed innocent. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be hysterical. Liberals are extremely selective about this presumption of innocence. For example, the Duke lacrosse players (rich white jocks accused of raping a poor black girl) were villified by those "tolerant" folks on the left, right off the bat.

The other hypocrisy is the liberal notion that Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy were worthy of public office, but Cain is not? Have fun with that...