Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
No my issue is with people who push their beliefs onto others.

Like those that believe wealth should be spread around?

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

ScottW, I don't even know where to begin....I'm dumbfounded as to where you got to there From what I posted here.

My value system is pretty well defined as far as I'm concerned.

Family 1st.....

Racism and Bigotry....I have no time for it, I try to instill in my kids not to judge a person by anything other than the quality of the person. (Don't really want to use the word judge here, but it early and my brain isn't working)

If someone needs my help.....I'll help them. "needs" being the key word and I try and instill this in my kids too as we do service projects for the community.

Abortion....Both me and my wife would never even consider it.

Gay Marriage....Both me and my wife would never even consider it (Although maybe he'd know enough to shut up during the game on Sunday...)

My Value system is also MY VALUE SYSTEM....not anybody elses.

and did you read my post here before you went on your tirade? I'm pretty sure that I said there's no problem voting with your religious beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Nothing wrong with following your religious beliefs when you vote, if thats what you want to do then thats your perogative....Its when those who are elected use their religious beliefs to dictate policy...Thats the issue that is scary

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
scottw

[QUOTE=The Dad Fisherman;631622]ScottW, I don't even know where to begin....I'm dumbfounded as to where you got to there From what I posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY
what does this have to do with the topic?
(DAD)This whole thread is about letting Religion dictate who you vote for......
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
you are assuming that religeon dictates who people vote for and that's quite a leap.....
(DAD)What Leap??? This is exactly what was posted in the 1st post of the thread.

(DAD)Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....
Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-22-2008 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND
for all I care you can worship the Fonz, but keep it out of politics.
(DAD)Let Us AAYYY!

(DAD)and everything is open to interpretation.

you are indeed DUMBFOUNDED(not my fault)

gotta work so I can get some fishing in, hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

you are indeed DUMBFOUNDED(not my fault)
Still am...and yeah, it is your fault.

How did what I posted all of a sudden bring my values into question or label me a Religious Bigot....thats where I'm confused.

you are definitely reading into something that just is not there.....and I just don't see it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Nebe

Old 10-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Nail on the head TDF.
Nail on the head.

RIJ;

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Let Us AAYYY!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think helping others is a basic human belief that we all should have...at least thats how I feel....and thats for people who truly need it...not the people that are to lazy to help themselves (Just in case, so I don't have to throw that Scarlett "L" on my chest again)

and everything is open to interpretation.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #9
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

this is all we need to know

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #10
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

BTW, McCain is done. There is no hope now. And with the market tanking, I'm goign to need Obamas charity as I'll most likely be unemplyed soon.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
Nebe

Im talking about 'family values' on a political level. The GOP runs their 'family' like a pack of white trash debutants...

Somehow I dont think Obama is going to win. Voter fraud will be rampant.

You'll see.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Im talking about 'family values' on a political level. The GOP runs their 'family' like a pack of white trash debutants...

Somehow I dont think Obama is going to win. Voter fraud will be rampant.

You'll see.
Heard a very good non-partisan interview yesterday from a WSJ journalist. The major "machines" that own the voting in the big cities are all democtratically owned and have been for years. The recent ACORN stuff is the real deal and if not pure fraud, will cause a lot of issues around the polls with voter registration. The consensus was really the its the Dems in the large urban areas are the biggest contributors to the voting fraud. I'll try to track down the article.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Heard a very good non-partisan interview yesterday from a WSJ journalist. The major "machines" that own the voting in the big cities are all democtratically owned and have been for years. The recent ACORN stuff is the real deal and if not pure fraud, will cause a lot of issues around the polls with voter registration. The consensus was really the its the Dems in the large urban areas are the biggest contributors to the voting fraud. I'll try to track down the article.
2 words... diebold and florida
Old 10-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #14
stripersnipr

I wonder how many lay offs I'll have to make to compensate for the increased taxes.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
I wonder how many lay offs I'll have to make to compensate for the increased taxes.
Have you calculated the difference in tax burden for your business, or are you just talking?

-spence
Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #16
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Have you calculated the difference in tax burden for your business, or are you just talking?

-spence
If I had already calculated it I wouldn't be wondering.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
what if the economy picks up and.. oh my goodness, could you imagine.... you had to hire more people??? One can dream right?
Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
stripersnipr

Quote:
what if the economy picks up and.. oh my goodness, could you imagine.... you had to hire more people??? One can dream right?
Good point, I'll just hire fewer than I would have pre punitive taxation state. Or better yet an across the board price increase with a little extra tacked on for bonuses. Nobody will even notice. Whatever the case the earnings will remain intact. Let the end user compensate.

Obamanomics.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
Nebe

sounds more like baracnaphobia to me.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
Good point, I'll just hire fewer than I would have pre punitive taxation state. Or better yet an across the board price increase with a little extra tacked on for bonuses. Nobody will even notice. Whatever the case the earnings will remain intact. Let the end user compensate.

Obamanomics.
It's no wonder the economy is in the dumper with such negative attitudes in small business.

You might just innovate your products and lean your processes, investing the improvements in top and bottom line into more local jobs.

Business as usual ain't going to cut it regardless of who's President. Anyone who thinks that change is the fault of someone else sure doesn't sound like a Republican to me.

-spence
Old 10-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's no wonder the economy is in the dumper with such negative attitudes in small business.

You might just innovate your products and lean your processes, investing the improvements in top and bottom line into more local jobs.

Business as usual ain't going to cut it regardless of who's President. Anyone who thinks that change is the fault of someone else sure doesn't sound like a Republican to me.

-spence
This my friend is very far from small business. This is very large business with local, regional, national and global earnings expectations and yes we are circling our wagons against the negative impacts BHO's tax plan will present. In case you haven't noticed businesses have already innovated their processes and driven effeciencies through all levels of the operations. Increased costs equate to increased consumer priceing and job losses, period end of story.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #22
Joe

You're advocating discounting carbon dating and having an open mind as negative by-products of the liberal elite?
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center. You can't sell the conservative ideal to a browner, poorer, less heterosexual population and expect to win national elections.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
You're advocating discounting carbon dating and having an open mind as negative by-products of the liberal elite?
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center. You can't sell the conservative ideal to a browner, poorer, less heterosexual population and expect to win national elections.
Joe, look at the "liberal" responses to this thread, Im sorry I missed the OPEN MIND. The liberal open mind is only open to those that agree with them. Thats my biggest issue with liberals. If you say you are goign to drop out of society and go study llamas, the libs say great! follow your dreams. If you say your goign to drop out and open a bible study class, the libs say dumb religious wacko.
Its always that way.
If the population could get past the "I hate Bush" mentalilty they would understand that conservatism (not right wing wackos) are more "in the middle" and more in line with the average American ideals.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #24
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
I think what we'll see sooner than later is the republican party taking a big giant step to the center.
Your right Joe, and sooner rather than later it will be the party with the most free cash machines on every corner that will win.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
Joe

What should republican strategists make of states that have not voted for a democrat since 1964 now voting for a black guy with an Islamic name?
Its more than just anti-Bush sentiment: its indicative of the need for systemic reform of the message because if they don't the party will become marginalized to the point of irrelevance.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #26
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
What should republican strategists make of states that have not voted for a democrat since 1964 now voting for a black guy with an Islamic name?
Its more than just anti-Bush sentiment: its indicative of the need for systemic reform of the message because if they don't the party will become marginalized to the point of irrelevance.
Say it aint so Joe, you know.....thats prolly how its gon' go!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
one word - economy

And if the solution is the government should be solving the problem, as most believe it is, we are in bigger trouble than I could ever imagine.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
one word - economy

And if the solution is the government should be solving the problem, as most believe it is, we are in bigger trouble than I could ever imagine.
If people are voting Democrat because of the state of the economy, shouldn't they also look into the Democatic Congress that has been in place during the current administration?

Now, I'm not very bright, but haven't the Democrats either sponsored or voted for some of the bills that have passed which have contributed to our current defecit? It amazes me how little people know about the government that makes decisions for them. Then, they base their opinion on who they will vote for on the opinions of others who are as ill-informed as they are.

Everyone wants to blame Bush for everything, even though it takes more than one man or one party to get this country into the pickle we are now in.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #29
stripersnipr

I could've sworn McCain was born on an American Military Installation to American parents. That can be proven, has and should be. All Presidential Candidates should provide proof that they meet the standards and qualifications set forth by the Constitution. Is that unreasonable?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #30
bssb
river rat

umm... no. are you saying Obama can't prove he's a citizen? if so, where do you get your information? fox and friends maybe?

“I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.”

Jim Garrison