Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Mueller report handed over

First reports suggest that it's what Spence would call, a big fat nothingburger.

Unless reports are way off...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,001
Tell me it is not so.

Wait until the next fabricated distraction the left puts forth. Tick,tick,tick.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
meanwhile, the Obama justice dept relied on a garbage dossier funded by Hilary, to spy on an american citizen and to allege he was a traitor. nothing to see there, move along.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,113
It was such a good story though, and pretty believable... especially the urination part
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:33 AM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It was such a good story though, and pretty believable... especially the urination part
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it was a very good story for them
to cling to. So what if it bankrupted a ge w fellow citizens who didn’t do anything wrong? They were working for Hilary’s opponent, and therefore deserve to be called traitors on TV.

and it was a long night on msnbc and cnn last night. once again, the trump haters in the media have egg on their faces, and Trump is still there, another victory over them.

Chris Matthews really went off the deep end.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-23-2019 at 05:43 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
and again thanks to Trump, “The Narrative” has checked itself into rehab.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:26 AM   #7
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and again thanks to Trump, “The Narrative” has checked itself into rehab.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What did he have to do with it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #8
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,799
Only conservatives can call an investigation that has how many convictions of Trumps people and call it a nothing burger

But bengiza was clearly Hillary's fault and the outrage over the lie it was because of a video by the Obama administration's. Which ended in no convictions or anything

If people like jim and dangle were honest enough to apply the logic to Muller's report as they did bengiza investigation . Or hilliarys email and lock her up rally cry... they may have some credibility on calling this a nothing burger .. but they do not

They have fell for the Trump narrative of only one question matters did trump collude (singular just him) .. ignoring who is the captain of the ship


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 03-23-2019 at 06:54 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #9
Duke41
got gas?
iTrader: (0)
 
Duke41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,709
The convictions are a tough pill to swallow. Trump seems to be surrounded by a cadre if "grey area" people. However unless I am wrong and I am sure someone will let me know. Nothing has been proved that either Trump was involved with their own personal illegal activity or that the Russians got him elected. So there's that. I have my own idea which I think is pretty darn nifty. Lets have both parties focus on running the country and the world the best they can in an atmosphere of mutual discussion and debate focusing on bringing the best ideas forward to make this a better nation. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Sorry if you just spit your coffee all over your screen.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,475
Not even Barr has delivered the primary report conclusions, you guys must have some really good connections to have gotten such an early look. Even if Trump turns out to be the deaf and dumb recipient of others attempts to gain a political advantage by communicating with the Russians, there very well be damaging information in the report congress will move forward on. New York is still probably his biggest concern, I’m happy that in the near future we won’t have to hear the no collusion war cry.

Let’s keep in mind all the indictments prove the Russians interfered and attempted to collude with the Trump campaign and yet I don’t think this administration has really increased funding and efforts to address the hacking efforts that continue by Russia and others.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #11
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,799
Russian help him win the elections ( that was a Republican narrative) influenced the elections happened

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

With this type of Idolatry . We might as well be North Korea
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #12
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only conservatives can call an investigation that has how many convictions of Trumps people and call it a nothing burger

But bengiza was clearly Hillary's fault and the outrage over the lie it was because of a video by the Obama administration's. Which ended in no convictions or anything

If people like jim and dangle were honest enough to apply the logic to Muller's report as they did bengiza investigation . Or hilliarys email and lock her up rally cry... they may have some credibility on calling this a nothing burger .. but they do not

They have fell for the Trump narrative of only one question matters did trump collude (singular just him) .. ignoring who is the captain of the ship


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If you can find one post I made regarding either bengiza or hillarys emails then you might actually have a point. But you won’t find it because I did not throw a temper tantrum at every mis step. Now, you will throw another hissy fit alleging the investigation is incomplete somehow? That wolf you saw still looks like sheep....and when you point at me regarding honesty,there are four fingers pointing at the man in the mirror. Dishonest,corrupt,immoral...these are all words to describe the dog and pony show the dems have been putting on for years. This time it was even more of a nothing burger than the Kavanaugh charade. What a waste of resources.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 03-23-2019 at 07:18 AM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:19 AM   #13
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you can find one post I made regarding either bengiza or hillarys emails then you might actually have a point. But you won’t find it because I did not throw a temper tantrum at every mis step. Now, you will throw another hissy fit alleging the investigation is incomplete somehow? That wolf you saw still looks like sheep....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wait until the next fabricated distraction the left puts forth. Tick,tick,tick.....

This says It all. what are the chances I'll find such a comment about Hillary or bengiza.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:28 AM   #14
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,799
[QUOTE=Sea Dangles;1164350]If iDishonest,corrupt,immoral...these are all words to describe the dog and pony show the dems have been putting on for years. This time it was even more of a nothing burger than the Kavanaugh charade. What a waste of resources.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE


Finaly the most substantial post you've made to date .. showing how you really feel.
Nice hissy fit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #15
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,001
I call it like I see it. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only conservatives can call an investigation that has how many convictions of Trumps people and call it a nothing burger

But bengiza was clearly Hillary's fault and the outrage over the lie it was because of a video by the Obama administration's. Which ended in no convictions or anything

If people like jim and dangle were honest enough to apply the logic to Muller's report as they did bengiza investigation . Or hilliarys email and lock her up rally cry... they may have some credibility on calling this a nothing burger .. but they do not

They have fell for the Trump narrative of only one question matters did trump collude (singular just him) .. ignoring who is the captain of the ship


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
for two years, we’ve been told the lie that there were crimes. the indictments handed down, were for crimes
committed during, not before, the investigation. while those crimes
need to be punished, it’s wirth noting that there have been zero i dicemts related to collusion. everyone in the media, again, was wrong. and stupid. and partisan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Not even Barr has delivered the primary report conclusions, you guys must have some really good connections to have gotten such an early look. Even if Trump turns out to be the deaf and dumb recipient of others attempts to gain a political advantage by communicating with the Russians, there very well be damaging information in the report congress will move forward on. New York is still probably his biggest concern, I’m happy that in the near future we won’t have to hear the no collusion war cry.

Let’s keep in mind all the indictments prove the Russians interfered and attempted to collude with the Trump campaign and yet I don’t think this administration has really increased funding and efforts to address the hacking efforts that continue by Russia and others.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i watched
msnbc last night, that’s the extent of my connections. it was almost as glorious as watching them on election night, and when Maddow broke the “scoop” on his tax returns.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-23-2019 at 07:58 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 AM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
[QUOTE=wdmso;1164354]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If iDishonest,corrupt,immoral...these are all words to describe the dog and pony show the dems have been putting on for years. This time it was even more of a nothing burger than the Kavanaugh charade. What a waste of resources.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE


Finaly the most substantial post you've made to date .. showing how you really feel.
Nice hissy fit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
qdmso, your side took it on the chin here. big time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #19
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,334
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It was such a good story though, and pretty believable... especially the urination part
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Some parts might have been true, but it was considered to be a mix
of truth, half truths, and falsifications. That is what disinformation is and it is wonderful at paralyzing things around it. What we are waiting to find is whether or not DJT asked the RUS for help to defeat HRC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only conservatives can call an investigation that has how many convictions of Trumps people and call it a nothing burger

But bengiza was clearly Hillary's fault and the outrage over the lie it was because of a video by the Obama administration's. Which ended in no convictions or anything

If people like jim and dangle were honest enough to apply the logic to Muller's report as they did bengiza investigation . Or hilliarys email and lock her up rally cry... they may have some credibility on calling this a nothing burger .. but they do not

They have fell for the Trump narrative of only one question matters did trump collude (singular just him) .. ignoring who is the captain of the ship


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What were the convictions for? None (yet) were for Trump's people colluding with RUS, they were for lying to FBI.

I'll use Vox so all y'all can think it is legit

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
for two years, we’ve been told the lie that there were crimes. the indictments handed down, were for crimes
committed during, not before, the investigation. while those crimes
need to be punished, it’s wirth noting that there have been zero i dicemts related to collusion. everyone in the media, again, was wrong. and stupid. and partisan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

This is true

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #20
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,261
Threads like these really make me concerned about humanity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Threads like these really make me concerned about humanity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so unless people
you hate get convicted, you have concern for humanity?

the media haven’t been recklessly jumping the gun for the last two years? who still
listens to these morons? how do they have any credibility left?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,475
Talk about jumping the gun, without even a definitive conclusion reported from Barr, the right and Fox in particular says the fact there are no further indictments; this clears Trump and his campaign staff of any collusion. That is so typical, say it enough times and it must be true. There will be a lot of egg on their face if one of the conclusions is that Trump while not directing the collusion, did unwittingly (which I find hard to believe with the families admitted involvement) collude with the Russians to impact the election. Mueller may also be unwilling to indicte a sitting president and may feel the seeds he has sown with NY and DC, may bear better fruit. His scope was very narrow and the bigger trouble for Trump and his family are outside of that special investigation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #23
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,799
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1164358]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

qdmso, your side took it on the chin here. big time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What are you talking about took it on the chin sn investigation was conducted .. if no direct like was made to Trump so be it ... who'd people are still chanting lock her up?? Who are making excuses like the charges were for lying to the FBI I guess that's acceptable for Trump supporter who think the FBI is in on it ..anyway
AGAIN the by anymeans nessary crowd . We don't care who he hangs with or what they've done what he has said who he insulted. As long as we get what we want

But OMG the
Jeremiah Wright controversy

But the right could care less about whom Trump associates are its comical
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,895

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
first the entire media said
he’d lose the election in a rout. then they spent the subsequent two years telling us his arrest and impeachment were around the corner.

Who still listens to these people, and why? How many times can they be this wrong and still have credibility?


NEW YORK!!! The southern district of NY will fix this for us!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,576
[QUOTE=wdmso;1164374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

What are you talking about took it on the chin sn investigation was conducted .. if no direct like was made to Trump so be it ... who'd people are still chanting lock her up?? Who are making excuses like the charges were for lying to the FBI I guess that's acceptable for Trump supporter who think the FBI is in on it ..anyway
AGAIN the by anymeans nessary crowd . We don't care who he hangs with or what they've done what he has said who he insulted. As long as we get what we want

But OMG the
Jeremiah Wright controversy

But the right could care less about whom Trump associates are its comical
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
non stop promises
of impeachable offenses for two years. i thought he was a traitor?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #27
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,504
I'll withhold judgement until the report comes out. But there has been some great memes floating around
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54279358_10215254608696648_2659935935755452416_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	66100   Click image for larger version

Name:	55560424_2521385611268650_5614498441808838656_n.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	66101  

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #28
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,316
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Threads like these really make me concerned about humanity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device



Maybe you need some time in your Safe Place you #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pussy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,334
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Maybe you need some time in your Safe Place you #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pussy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device



Now, now

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #30
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
non stop promises
of impeachable offenses for two years. i thought he was a traitor?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Just because he didn’t get indicted doesn’t mean he’s not a traitor
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com