Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Baltimore is burning

Is Ray Nagin the mayor of Baltimore? Because it cannot be possible that two large cities could have mayors that incompetent.

Compare that to the Giuliani model, where, and I quote "protest all you want. But if you throw a rock, you go to jail, and I have enough cells for all of you".
Old 04-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Nebe

But think of all the federal disaster money the city will receive !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Jim in CT

And I heard it on MSNBC, so it must be logical, that these rioters are not violent, feral anarchists. Rather, they have been pushed into this due to natural reaction to economic disenfranchisement due to "white male privilege".
Old 04-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #4
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
But think of all the federal disaster money the city will receive !
Think of all the overtime the cops are getting...sort of comical in a twisted way....

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Cool Beans

And with the community there already organized and rioting, there's nothing for our Organizer in Chief to do, besides sit in the Oval Office. At least he didn't come out and say "If I had a son, he would have looked like this latest excuse to riot" and has so far not came out saying "the cops were racists and acting only due to race" like he did when the campus cops stopped the black professor from breaking into his own house.

This is getting to be the new "norm", certain people will use any excuse to cause riots and looting in the name of "racial equality". I feel bad for the other minorities who live or own businesses in the area, who are having their homes and businesses endangered or destroyed.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I heard it on MSNBC, so it must be logical, that these rioters are not violent, feral anarchists. Rather, they have been pushed into this due to natural reaction to economic disenfranchisement due to "white male privilege".
Someone there really said that?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I was paraphrasing, but yes, 2 commentators on MSNBC (Marc Lamont Hill and Michael Eric Dyson) were saying that the root cause is not racist white cops, but rather, lack of economic opportunity, lack of good jobs, etc.

If that's not scary enough...both of those guys (regulars at MSNBC) are college professors. Dyson at Georgetown, Hill at, I forget, Columbia? How woul dyou like to be a white, catholic, heterosexual, conervative male in a class taught by either of those two dolts? What chance would you have?
Old 04-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
A link to Dyson's comments...this guy teaches at Georgetown University! Parents, save you rmoney!

http://www.examiner.com/article/msnb...lead-poisoning

Some quotes...

"The forces of oppression have besieged that urban terrain"

"The Ravens and Orioles, he said, contributed to the problem “with their tax exempt status and their being given tremendous goodies to stay in the city." - so it's the fault of professional sports!!

"What we don’t have commentary about is the theft of capital from these urban post-industrial conditions" These rioters are the victims of theft! Presumably at the hands of the Koch brothers...

"many people live in New York, Pennsylvania, and come to Baltimore and extract revenue from that city and they don’t give back to the communities, and result of there, that’s a sense that these people are disposable" - so anyone who commutes into Baltimore to work, and then drives back home to the suburbs, is exploiting the people who live there. Right, right...
Old 04-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, Michael Eric Dyson, and MSNBC, also blamed lead poisoning, let's not forget lead poisoning....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-mi...lth-disparity/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-28-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #10
Piscator

Quote:
Oh, Michael Eric Dyson, and MSNBC, also blamed lead poisoning, let's not forget lead poisoning....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-mi...lth-disparity/
Like bullet lead or paint lead?

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:
I was paraphrasing, but yes, 2 commentators on MSNBC (Marc Lamont Hill and Michael Eric Dyson) were saying that the root cause is not racist white cops, but rather, lack of economic opportunity, lack of good jobs, etc.

If that's not scary enough...both of those guys (regulars at MSNBC) are college professors. Dyson at Georgetown, Hill at, I forget, Columbia? How woul dyou like to be a white, catholic, heterosexual, conervative male in a class taught by either of those two dolts? What chance would you have?
Jim. Their points are 100% valid. If you were black and grew up in the slums of Baltimore, I am certain you would have a different perspective. I'm not defending these thugs, but let's break down what makes a thug grow up to be a thug...
Old 04-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim. Their points are 100% valid. If you were black and grew up in the slums of Baltimore, I am certain you would have a different perspective. I'm not defending these thugs, but let's break down what makes a thug grow up to be a thug...
"let's break down what makes a thug grow up to be a thug"

OK, let's do that. Does the fact that lots of affluent white people live in Greenwich, CT, or own homes on Nantucket, "make a thug grow up to be a thug"?

Of course not.

So what makes a thug? Any honest answer wqould include poverty, but that's not the big factor. The big factor is the lack of a stable, loving, supportive home. It's better to be poor and part of a strong family (which was me) than wealthy in a dysfunctional family.

Right?

So what causes dydfunctional families? Liberals hate this answer. And the answer is, in many cases, stupid choices, influenced by destructive outside forces. We have liberal policies that give young girls a financial incentive to have kids while not married. So, shocker, more black girls have babies while not married. we have an entertainment industry that specifically targets these kids born to broken homes, and instead of glorifying the required habits to get out of poverty (hard work, stay in school, be respectful, don't get in trouble, god forbid get to church), it emphasizes the exact opposite, the rap culture.

It's ironic. The tea party is labeled racist (just ask Paul S), but if urban blacks abandoned their current values and embraced what the Tea Party is selling, presto! The cycle of poverty is broken.

I get that people in hopeless situations will lash out. And I get that for many stuck in that cycle of poverty, they just got unlucky in terms of what family they were born into. And I was jackpot lucky to have the best parents who ever lived - I didn't deserve them, I just got lucky. But it's not my fault those kids do drugs and drop out of high school, it's primarily the fault of their parents.

Every single rational person knows that if you stay in school and work hard, you can make it. Knowing that, I don't see how anyone can have children and not force them down that path. It's unfathomable to me.

Chalk it up to the complete destruction of the black nuclear family. And the late liberal Democrat, Daniel Patrick Moynihan (senator from New York), correctly predicted in the 1970s that welfare was going to destroy the black nuclear family. Black culture, if you want to even call it that, is unbelievably destructive. It glorifies all the wrong things, while kids in the ghetto that do well in school, are picked on.

It's awful. And I did exactly NOTHING to cause it. And what do liberals propose? Enacting the same exact policies that caused this mess. I wonder sometimes if it's intentional, if the democrat power brokers are hell-bent on destroying black life, because you have to be really dense to see that liberal policies aren't helping. Big cities (Hartford, Bridgeport, Chicago) are dominated by Democrats. Can anyone say with a straight face that blacks are better off in those places today, than they were 50 years ago? So why do we keep electing the saame idiots every November?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
Nebe

I think it has to do with constantly being targeted by the police. Constantly stereotyped. Constantly being sold short. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
I think it has to do with constantly being targeted by the police. Constantly stereotyped. Constantly being sold short. But that's just my opinion.
Do a search and look at the tapes from yesterday's looting, burning, rock throwing, cutting of fire hoses... And then find me 1% as many tapes of that happening with whites being the perpetrators. (there, I said it) There is reason to target... it is behavior, choices, decisions outside of our society laws. The government handouts have done nothing but continue the conditions for yet another generation. Gangs, rap culture, social media, they all contribute to this mess. Abide by the law of the land. Work hard. Go to school. Respect the family unit and the values it was intended to teach. Anybody following these ethics wouldn't have been there yesterday, and likely isn't going to be targeted. God bless that Baltimore mother who went into the fray yesterday, grabbed her kid and started in with an azz whipping on him. She was pisssed. Yesterday's riots just made it more difficult for every law abiding person of race IMO.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
The root of the problem right here !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_78363561686515_resized.jpeg
Views:	589
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	61122  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:15 AM   #16
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The root of the problem right here !
The hero Mother that retreived her son from the riots (whooping him) is a single mother of 6 kids!

Last edited by PRBuzz; 04-29-2015 at 06:25 AM..

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #17
JohnR

Quote:
A link to Dyson's comments...this guy teaches at Georgetown University! Parents, save you rmoney!

http://www.examiner.com/article/msnb...lead-poisoning

Some quotes...

"The forces of oppression have besieged that urban terrain"

"The Ravens and Orioles, he said, contributed to the problem “with their tax exempt status and their being given tremendous goodies to stay in the city." - so it's the fault of professional sports!!

"What we don’t have commentary about is the theft of capital from these urban post-industrial conditions" These rioters are the victims of theft! Presumably at the hands of the Koch brothers...

"many people live in New York, Pennsylvania, and come to Baltimore and extract revenue from that city and they don’t give back to the communities, and result of there, that’s a sense that these people are disposable" - so anyone who commutes into Baltimore to work, and then drives back home to the suburbs, is exploiting the people who live there. Right, right...
OK - so you put the White Privilege on it. They hinted to it but you applied it.

Quote:
Never lived in an Urban Area, did you? Your opinion lacks "context"

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #18
Nebe

Quote:
OK - so you put the White Privilege on it. They hinted to it but you applied it.

Never lived in an Urban Area, did you? Your opinion lacks "context"
You are not black, nor am I so both of our opinions are really not factual.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
The majority of the Baltimore police force is non-whites.

90% of the people arrested for murder in the city, are black. Just like every other poor urban area, there will necessarily be tense interactions between blacks and the police. Sometimes, those interactions end tragically, and in rare cases, the cop is guilty of a crime. It's not a systemic thing that happens all the time. Maybe once a month?

Put it in context. All these riots about police brutality (which needs to be exposed, clearly). But of all black deaths, how many are at the hands of white cops, and how many are at the hands of fellow black citizens? Why aren't we talking about what is obviously the bigger problem, which is black-on-black crime?
Old 04-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:

:
Yes, i took that liberty. But come, you have to admit, those guys are deranged. Lead poisoning? The Baltimore Orioles? People who commute to work?

No mention of the suggestion that maybe people choose to act this way, because there are some jerks out there.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #21
Fly Rod

"He or She who puts blame on everyone else, finds no fault in one's self, Hallelujah.".....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 04-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #22
buckman

Quote:
A long criminal history would help too
Old 04-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
JohnR

Quote:
Ohhhhh. So this is just racial and the poor Irish, Italian, Latino, Asian kids have an excuse? Or the Poor black kids have an excuse?

Quote:
Yes, i took that liberty. But come, you have to admit, those guys are deranged. Lead poisoning? The Baltimore Orioles? People who commute to work?

No mention of the suggestion that maybe people choose to act this way, because there are some jerks out there.
Joe Friday, Jim. Just the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
A long criminal history would help too

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ohhhhh. So this is just racial and the poor Irish, Italian, Latino, Asian kids have an excuse? Or the Poor black kids have an excuse?
http://youtu.be/ZD0BcQTIr4c

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 AM   #25
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
http://youtu.be/ZD0BcQTIr4c
Imagine the Social Justice Warrior outrage if that movie came out today.

I am turning into the "Get off my Lawn" Guy with these ubersensitivie history revisionist special snowflakes resulting from Teletubbies and that freickin Purple Dinosaur.

Though I still have some hope for the future

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #26
Raven

i get crazy every time i see that purple dinosaur
like in .........MOE- LARRY -CHEESE

so i feel your pain
Old 05-02-2015, 05:55 AM   #27
rphud
GrandBob

If you are "in the right frame of mind" Teletubies are AWESOME!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #28
Raven

lol