Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Wow.
I've been slammed lately and haven't had time to read this.
what did I start
a great discussion, nice goin' Rock
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #62
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

sorry I'm not a welfare collecting liberal, otherwise I'd have time to go point by point on the thread.

glad it is fostering discussion...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #63
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
sorry I'm not a welfare collecting liberal, otherwise I'd have time to go point by point on the thread.

glad it is fostering discussion...
Same here, first look in on this board for a while. It's been 12 -14 hrs plus travel days for me. Haven't fished since the Memorial day weekend . . .

Here's another good tangent:

How liberalism is destroying our children; "self esteem" being cultivated as a proxy for "self respect" and "dignity" and what that has begot . . .

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #64
detbuch

[QUOTE=Backbeach Jake;693658]I believe everyone sould have health insurance. That doesn't keep them chained to a job. If you leave your job now, you lose your insurance, or pay outragous money for it when you have none. Some jobs places are unbearable, insureance shouldn't force you to stay there. I've had such a job, quit it and risked my health without insurance for a few months. Perscriptions can be mind blowingly pricey...[END QUOTE]

Obama should use this reason as a MAIN attraction for passing universal healthcare insurance--so you can leave your job if you don't like it. If the workplace is that bad, everyone can leave and we can ship THOSE jobs offshore with the others we've lost.

[QUOTE-backbeach]I believe that a person has a right to work under a contract, if that means union then so be it. But it should be in writing that if I do "X" then I get paid "Y". No change the rules for eithe side for the sake of "convenience". [END QUOTE]

You mean like a guaranteed lifetime job where you renegotiate every three years for increases because three years is up? And with the Universal Health Insurance you can up and leave when you don't like it, but the employer can't leave you when he doesn't like you?

[QUOTE--backbeach]I believe that everyone who works as hard as I do and has a little luck as I have should have what I have. A house, a car, decent food on the table, and a little left sometimes. That's not so much. [END QUOTE]

Most who work as hard as you and have the same luck do have those things, if they don't squander. What's the beef?

[QUOTE--backbeach]I believe that lending institutions should say no if a borrower doesn't qualify. Doing anything less is preditory and self serving. And will ultimately destroy the borrower. They should also help and educate the potential borrower, instead of expecting things to work out...[ENDQUOTE]

Institutions (conservative ones) did (and still do) say no to borrowers who didn't qualify until liberal politicians devised legislation and a government agency to lend otherwise. And the "predatory" lending destroyed lenders more than borrowers.

[QUOTE--backbeach]I believe that any manufacturer who ships jobs offshore should pay tarrifs equal to the welfare and unemployment that will now be paid to their former American employees. Throw in the tuitions and mortgages that default as a result of their actions as well. [END QUOTE]

So, you're permanently stuck in one spot and this entitles you to paid tuition and mortgage and welfare. And how DARE any company move away from you. Make the bastard pay for your immobile, unchangeable, comfort. You're entitled because . . . you're an American and Americans have always been entitled to a comfortable, immobile, little worker's paradise. That's what the Revolution was, or SHOULD have been, about. Yup, you do sound like a liberal.