Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Obama is a scumbag

I really can't stand this guy anymore. This is the guy that was suposed to rise above party politics, rise above racial tension, and unite us all?

What does he have to say about Republican Paul Ryan's plan to help balance the budget? Obama makes a speech where he claims that the GOP is hell-bent on attacking sick children and the elderly. Obama specifically said that Ryan wants to "pit children with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society".

I can't fu@!%^g take this guy anymore. This is change? Obama represents a party that fights for the right for women to have Down's Syndrome babies butchered in the womb and then tossed into dumpsters, but it's the Republicans who don't care about kids with Down's?

Say whatever you want about Bush #43, he had more class in his ass hair than Obama has in his whole body. Bush obviously had political enemies, and he never, EVER demonized them like that. Bush gave Barbara Streisand, one of his most viscious critics, a Presidential Achievement Award, because he likes her music and doesn't care what she says about him.

But Obama? Paul Ryan (by all accounts a good guy even if you disagree with his politics) has the audacity to disagree with Obama, so Obama goes on national TV and claims that Ryan wants to murder children and old people. That's what Obama does to anyone who doesn't bow and kiss his ring. That's who we elected over a gargantuan hero.

I recently moved all of my IRA from stocks into cash, because I know exactly what's coming, I just don't know when. When it happens, I'm going to do 2 things. First, I'll move my cash back into stocks and make a killing when things recover. Second, I'm going to say "I told you so" to every single person I know that voted for this classless, petty, vindictive, hateful, spiteful, mean-spitited, spit-wad of a man.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-15-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I really can't stand this guy anymore. This is the guy that was suposed to rise above party politics, rise above racial tension, and unite us all?

What does he have to say about Republican Paul Ryan's plan to help balance the budget? Obama makes a speech where he claims that the GOP is hell-bent on attacking sick children and the elderly. Obama specifically said that Ryan wants to "pit children with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society".

I can't fu@!%^g take this guy anymore. This is change? Obama represents a party that fights for the right for women to have Down's Syndrome babies butchered in the womb and then tossed into dumpsters, but it's the Republicans who don't care about kids with Down's?

Say whatever you want about Bush #43, he had more class in his ass hair than Obama has in his whole body. Bush obviously had political enemies, and he never, EVER demonized them like that. Bush gave Barbara Streisand, one of his most viscious critics, a Presidential Achievement Award, because he likes her music and doesn't care what she says about him.

But Obama? Paul Ryan (by all accounts a good guy even if you disagree with his politics) has the audacity to disagree with Obama, so Obama goes on national TV and claims that Ryan wants to murder children and old people. That's what Obama does to anyone who doesn't bow and kiss his ring. That's who we elected over a gargantuan hero.

I recently moved all of my IRA from stocks into cash, because I know exactly what's coming, I just don't know when. When it happens, I'm going to do 2 things. First, I'll move my cash back into stocks and make a killing when things recover. Second, I'm going to say "I told you so" to every single person I know that voted for this classless, petty, vindictive, hateful, spiteful, mean-spitited, spit-wad of a man.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Jim in CT

These are challenging times, and we face challenging problems to solve. How do we do that when we can't have an honest debate?

The GOP puts forth a very speciffic, detailed proposal to balance the budget. Obama does not even try to discuss the specifics of Ryan's plan. All he does is say "Republicans don't care about sick kids or the elderly". And no one challenges Obama on that.

This is what liberals do, it's what they always do. Many of their positions are so absurd, they can't be debated honestly for 5 seconds. So instead of debating the merits of an issue, they demonize the opposition.

That's exactly what they did to Sarah Palin. Instead of articulating why Palin's ideas wouldn't be the best thing for the countrty, they called her a dumb hick. Meanwhile, Joe Biden fell asleep in the front row of Obama's budget speech Wednesday, and no one attacks him for that. Imagine if Palin had done that? I'm not saying I care that Biden fell asleep (maybe he was sick or up late, who knows), the point is, he gets a pass, but they would have crucified Palin or Dan Quayle for that.

In debates over union benefits, liberals say that conservatives "hate the middle class". That sounds great, but it's not true. I care about everyone in the middle class, and the fact is most middle-class folks work in the private sector and are therefore hurt by insane union benefits. But liberals know they don't want that brought to light or discussed openly, so they scream "you hate the middle class!!!"

The GOP needs to nominate someone like Gingrich who isn't afraid that Obama is black and will take the gloves off and expose the fact that the emperor has no clothes.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

I think the country is more fragmented now that it was 2 years ago. I think he's flip flopped on issues so much that people don't know the real issues anymore.

Don't matter what gets said at this point he'll be re-elected because of the amount of $$ he's pledged to throw at his campaign.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltys View Post
I think the country is more fragmented now that it was 2 years ago. I think he's flip flopped on issues so much that people don't know the real issues anymore.

Don't matter what gets said at this point he'll be re-elected because of the amount of $$ he's pledged to throw at his campaign.
"I think the country is more fragmented now that it was 2 years ago."

Way more fragmented. Obama has been enormously polarizing.

"he'll be re-elected "

It depends on the economy. If the economy stays where it is now or improves, he probably gets re-elected (though I htink the GOP will re-take the Senate, as 22 Democrats are up for re-election, and only 11 Republicans, in 2012). If the economy does what I think it's going to do (collapse under the weight of all the debt), then the GOP could nominate #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney and he would beat Obama in a landslide.

I just need Obama gone. I literally cannot stand the sight of him or the sound of his voice.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

geez i said that about S. P. and you crucified me and I'm just an ignorant, uninformed, nit wit. Sorry couldn't resist. I only look in here once every 6 months and never seem to not find some type of dragon to poke. See you in Oct.

making a hasty retreat to install my head in the sand again. Sorry for the interruption. Paul

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 04-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Hey Paul, Don't forget all the people that chimed in about "How he is the president and face of our country and no matter what he should be respected" when people were dissing the last Prez....don't see any of them chiming in here to offer up that same argument.

I Guess he's getting a "Pass"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Hey Paul, Don't forget all the people that chimed in about "How he is the president and face of our country and no matter what he should be respected" when people were dissing the last Prez....don't see any of them chiming in here to offer up that same argument.

Can't you respect the office without respecting the person holding it? I try to stay away from personal attacks on the POTUS, myself. I don't know him to judge him that way, but his performance at his job is certainly fair game.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sure you can.....thats my point though. When disparaging remarks were made against the past president....that was disrespecting the office. But someone calls the current president a "Scumbag".......and thats OK.

I'm just wondering why, as usual, it doesn't work both ways.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure you can.....thats my point though. When disparaging remarks were made against the past president....that was disrespecting the office. But someone calls the current president a "Scumbag".......and thats OK.

Hi Dad! Dodging the main issue as usual, I see!!

Obama personally demonized Paul Ryan, and that's a fact. I pointed that out, and your response is that I shuoldn't go after Obama like that, because no one was allowed to go aftr Bush like that?

First of all, my criticism of Obama is based on what he just did this week. If my interpretation of what Obama did is incorrect, please tell me why. I'm reasonable, and willing to listen. Bit Obama said that Ryan wants to "pit kids with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society". Since Ryan's plan obviously doesn't do that, I have serious issues with Obama demonizing Ryan that way.

Second, Dad, you're saying that the personal attacks against Bush were widely denounced because of a call for civility? Please enlighten me, Dad...when liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler, calling him a war criminal, from where did the calls for "respect" come from? Who are the people you are referring to? In my opinion, it's liberal apologists like you who (1) mercilessly attacked Bush, and who (2) don't want anyone attacking Obama, that want it both ways.

Finally, Dad, instead of analyzing every single post of mine for hypertechnical errors, can you, just once, JUST THIS ONE TIME, respond to the point I made? And that is this...why does Obama demonize Ryan personally, instead of responding to the merits (or lack thereof) of Ryan's proposal?

You are extremely tiresome...you never, ever respond to the points being raised, presumably because you know that you cannot. You didn't want to comment on how disgusting Obama's attack on Ryan was, so instead, you call me a hypocrite for pointing it out? Ever hear of the term "intellectual cowardice"? That's how you usually respond to my posts here.

This is too funny to be fiction. As a state senator in Illinois, Obama literally supported a Mom's right to kill her baby AFTER it was born (see the Born Alive Infants Protection Act). But Obama gets to demonize Paul Ryan by saying that Ryan wants children to die to make rich folks richer? That's great. A guy who quite literally supported infanticide gets to falsely accuse someone else of being that monstrous.

Maybe Ryan should support infanticide. After all, Obama did, and lots of people voted for him. I guess infanticide doesn't violate any of the liberal agenda...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-15-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
Piscator

Quote:

I used to think that the President should always be respected no matter what but I'm starting to think differently. Maybe they get too much respect causing them to act the way they do. I guess it's a fine line between criticism and respect. I'm not condoning the name calling but to change topics.......................... was Clinton a scum bag? Should we have respected Clinton with his "acts" in the oval office? Maybe, maybe not.....most other man would have been called scum bags or worse in the same situation

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Obama personally demonized Paul Ryan, and that's a fact.
Where in the speech did he demonize him directly? I read the text of the speech here:
Text of Obama Speech on the Deficit - Washington Wire - WSJ

I didn't see Paul Ryan's name. Did he criticize his plan, absolutely! Did he call him some derogatory name? not that I see....

Quote:
I'm reasonable, and willing to listen.
Overstatement of the year, easily.

Quote:
Bit Obama said that Ryan wants to "pit kids with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society".
I assume you are talking about these paragraphs
It’s a vision that says America can’t afford to keep the promise we’ve made to care for our seniors. It says that ten years from now, if you’re a 65 year old who’s eligible for Medicare, you should have to pay nearly $6,400 more than you would today. It says instead of guaranteed health care, you will get a voucher. And if that voucher isn’t worth enough to buy insurance, tough luck – you’re on your own. Put simply, it ends Medicare as we know it.

This is a vision that says up to 50 million Americans have to lose their health insurance in order for us to reduce the deficit. And who are those 50 million Americans? Many are someone’s grandparents who wouldn’t be able afford nursing home care without Medicaid. Many are poor children. Some are middle-class families who have children with autism or Down’s syndrome. Some are kids with disabilities so severe that they require 24-hour care. These are the Americans we’d be telling to fend for themselves.

Where is the billionaire vs down syndrome quote??? I must have missed it. Or you are putting your own interpretation of Obama's speech into quotes to make it look like he said it.

Quote:
Second, Dad, you're saying that the personal attacks against Bush were widely denounced because of a call for civility? Please enlighten me, Dad...when liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler, calling him a war criminal, from where did the calls for "respect" come from? Who are the people you are referring to? In my opinion, it's liberal apologists like you who (1) mercilessly attacked Bush, and who (2) don't want anyone attacking Obama, that want it both ways.?
I think Kevin is saying it is ironic that those on the right, who jumped all over anyone who criticized bush or called him names got slammed for being unpatriotic. I don't read it as no liberal every said a bad word about Bush....

Quote:
why does Obama demonize Ryan personally, instead of responding to the merits (or lack thereof) of Ryan's proposal?
I see DIRECT lines about the increased costs people would face under the proposed plans in the next decade.... again, where did he say #^&#^&#^&#^& you paul ryan?

Quote:
Maybe Ryan should support infanticide. After all, Obama did, and lots of people voted for him. I guess infanticide doesn't violate any of the liberal agenda...
If I had the time I wish I could search all the threads you post in and see if you ever don't take the abortion U-turn....

Welcome back to my ignore list.

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 04-15-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
mosholu
Mosholu

I do not agree with Obama on a lot of points and would have a difficult time voting for him again but I do respect him as the President of our country. To Piscator's point, I believe all these guys who get to the top spot are political animals and probably are not the nicest of people to deal with.
To Jim's point of this thread I went back and looked at the text of the President's speech, the two relevant paragraphs I have quoted below, and I think your characterization of the speech in your first post which was in quotes no less is quite a way off the mark.

text of the Presdient's speech taken from Lexuis/Nexius:

"This is a vision that says up to 50 million Americans have to lose their health insurance in order for us to reduce the deficit. And who are those 50 million Americans? Many are someone’s grandparents who wouldn’t be able afford nursing home care without Medicaid. Many are poor children. Some are middle-class families who have children with autism or Down’s syndrome. Some are kids with disabilities so severe that they require 24-hour care. These are the Americans we’d be telling to fend for themselves.

Worst of all, this is a vision that says even though America can’t afford to invest in education or clean energy; even though we can’t afford to care for seniors and poor children, we can somehow afford more than $1 trillion in new tax breaks for the wealthy. Think about it. In the last decade, the average income of the bottom 90% of all working Americans actually declined. The top 1% saw their income rise by an average of more than a quarter of a million dollars each. And that’s who needs to pay less taxes? They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President."
Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Dad! Dodging the main issue as usual, I see!!

Obama personally demonized Paul Ryan, and that's a fact. I pointed that out, and your response is that I shuoldn't go after Obama like that, because no one was allowed to go aftr Bush like that?
No, you Totally missed my point (Yet Again) and that wasn't even close to my response. I had no problem w/ you stating what you did.

My problem is why were other people crucified and called unamerican for saying derogatory things about one president but it is A-OK to do it about another. I'm just looking for consistency, that's all...is that to much to ask

Quote:
First of all, my criticism of Obama is based on what he just did this week. If my interpretation of what Obama did is incorrect, please tell me why. I'm reasonable, and willing to listen. Bit Obama said that Ryan wants to "pit kids with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society". Since Ryan's plan obviously doesn't do that, I have serious issues with Obama demonizing Ryan that way.
Absolutely nothing wrong with you having issues w/ this.....Thats what this board is for

Quote:
Second, Dad, you're saying that the personal attacks against Bush were widely denounced because of a call for civility? Please enlighten me, Dad...when liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler, calling him a war criminal, from where did the calls for "respect" come from? Who are the people you are referring to? In my opinion, it's liberal apologists like you who (1) mercilessly attacked Bush, and who (2) don't want anyone attacking Obama, that want it both ways.
1st I thought that was a ridiculous, stupid comparison.

2nd The calls for respect came from members here in the past....saying we shouldn't be dissing the President because, well, he's the president......just wondering why this doesn't count the other way...that's all.....again, just looking for a little consistency.

...and once again, because I didn't kiss somebodies Self-Annointed Red,White, and Blue A$$......I'm a Liberal...love it....the great comeback on this board....never gets old

Quote:
Finally, Dad, instead of analyzing every single post of mine for hypertechnical errors, can you, just once, JUST THIS ONE TIME, respond to the point I made? And that is this...why does Obama demonize Ryan personally, instead of responding to the merits (or lack thereof) of Ryan's proposal?
Because thats how he operates....does that make you feel better now. Its not a secret....do you just need people to agree with you. I never said I was an Obama Fan....but everybody like to assume it as I go forward with my quest for consistency

Quote:
You are extremely tiresome...you never, ever respond to the points being raised, presumably because you know that you cannot. You didn't want to comment on how disgusting Obama's attack on Ryan was, so instead, you call me a hypocrite for pointing it out? Ever hear of the term "intellectual cowardice"? That's how you usually respond to my posts here.
A- I can't comment on it because I didn't see it yet.
B- I never called you a hypocrit....where above did I call YOU a hypocrit
C- and again with the Coward card....Gee, didn't see that comin
D- As far as Tiresome....thats the Pot calling the Kettle Black right there....you do know there is an Ignore function you can use if I bother you so much...god knows my mouse pointer is hovering over it right now.

Quote:
This is too funny to be fiction. As a state senator in Illinois, Obama literally supported a Mom's right to kill her baby AFTER it was born (see the Born Alive Infants Protection Act). But Obama gets to demonize Paul Ryan by saying that Ryan wants children to die to make rich folks richer? That's great. A guy who quite literally supported infanticide gets to falsely accuse someone else of being that monstrous.
Thats typical Political Hypocrisy at work....again, where above did I say anything supporting this above.....or even in the past.

Quote:
What I gotta know is how the hell did you come up with all this from what I posted above...seriously....thats a stretch from what I said

Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
Raven

me 2
can't stand to hear him
utter a single word.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Jim in CT - I am no Obama supporter - didn't vote for him and I'm pretty confident I won't in the next round unless the alternative is REALLY bad. Then conscience will probably dictate a write-in.

What I can say is that while I agree with you on some posts and points, I'm getting more and more brain cramps the more I read them.

I would recommend to you that in order to get more points by people that may agree with you or at least to get people to consider your points, that you take your foot off the throttle a bit. You being a former Marine (I'm told there is no such thing as an "Ex-Marine") probably understand all too well what happens when the comm nets are jammed with everyone screaming at once. Right now, I can't hear you. Too much noise and not enough signal. S/N ratio is way too high.

I'm not saying this as JohnR, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer @ S-B. I'm saying this as JohnR, someone that want to see healthy and fairly civilized debate.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
fishbones

Anyone who doesn't like Obama must be a racist.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #18
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Anyone who doesn't like Obama must be a racist.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Jim in CT

RIROCKHOUND -

"Where in the speech did he demonize him directly?"

Gee, you're right, Obama never said "Paul Ryan is a demon".

Obama did say this, however...

"Some are middle-class families who have children with autism or Down's syndrome. Some of these kids with disabilities are — the disabilities are so severe that they require 24-hour care. These are the Americans we'd be telling to fend for themselves."

Please show me where in Paul Ryan's plan it says that disabled kids will have to fend for themselves. Either show us where it says that, or be enough of a man to admit that Obama lied.

"Overstatement of the year, easily."

You want to take the gloves off, fine. I don't believe one patry is right all the time. My opinions are based on a lifetime of common sense, a rational analysis of historical fact, and compassion for everyone else, my Catholicism, and my time in the Marines. As susch, I'm usually conservative. You, on the other hand, blindly support an agenda that says that Osama Bin Laden has more of a right to live than an unborn child. You go ahead and tell yourself that there is one iota of logic in that.

"Where is the billionaire vs down syndrome quote??? "

I saw it on TV, you're right, it's not in the speech, it must have been from another speech he gave. But we can focus on what he did say, which is that the GOP would have disabled kids fend for themselves. Once again, either show me where Ryan's plan eliminates all funding for kids with Down's or autism, or please admit that Obama is a liar.

"I think Kevin is saying..."

Wait a second. Just above, you ridiculed me for putting my own spin on Obama's words, but now it's OK for you to put your own spin on what Kevin said? What's good for the goose...

"I see DIRECT lines about the increased costs people would face "

Yes, cutting spending means increased costs for some. Where does it say disabled kids are totally cut off?

"If I had the time I wish I could search all the threads you post in and see if you ever don't take the abortion U-turn...."

You're right, I get all worked up about silly, trivial things like the slaughter of 4,000 babies a day. I need to learn to not be bothered by such insignificant events. And of course, you dodged the issue I raised completely. I claim that if Obama literally supports infanticide, he might not want to claim that he cares more about kids than the GOP. Instead of telling me why my assertion is invalid, you deride me for making it. That's OK, because when liberals dodge as completely as you just did, I know that I've won the argument.

"Welcome back to my ignore list."

I would rather be on that list, then on the list of men Scarlett Johansenn has been with.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-15-2011 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Jim in CT - I am no Obama supporter - didn't vote for him and I'm pretty confident I won't in the next round unless the alternative is REALLY bad. Then conscience will probably dictate a write-in.

What I can say is that while I agree with you on some posts and points, I'm getting more and more brain cramps the more I read them.

I would recommend to you that in order to get more points by people that may agree with you or at least to get people to consider your points, that you take your foot off the throttle a bit. You being a former Marine (I'm told there is no such thing as an "Ex-Marine") probably understand all too well what happens when the comm nets are jammed with everyone screaming at once. Right now, I can't hear you. Too much noise and not enough signal. S/N ratio is way too high.

I'm not saying this as JohnR, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer @ S-B. I'm saying this as JohnR, someone that want to see healthy and fairly civilized debate.
Duly noted.

How is this...

(1) Paul Ryan submitted a proposed budget with big spending cuts, and obviously his plan is consistent with conservative principles, which many will not like.

(2) Obama responded by saying that the proposed budget would have disabled kids fending for themselves.

(3) Nowhere in Ryan's budget does it say anything of the sort.

(4) Given (2) and (3), I claim that Obama is making baseless, allegations, ones that are designed to make the GOP look heartless. This is ironic to me, since many studies show that conservatives give much more time and money to charity than liberals (see the definitive book/study on the issue called "Who Really Cares").

(5) I don't ever recall George Bush demonizing his political opposition like that. He may have done it, but I don't recall it.

(6) Since Obama proclaimed to be the only one in the 2008 election who could bring our country together, I don't see why he then paints Republicans as the folks who don't care about disabled kids. Either Obama genuinely believes that, or he is a liar. There is no other alternative, is there.

(7) i find it particularly troubling that Obama is painting Republicans as not caring about kids. Since Obama is the most rabid pro-abortion president we have ever had (he literally supported infanticide as a state senator), I find it interesting (for lack of a better word) that he would claim that his party has the moral high ground on the issue of who cares most about kids.

If I was an unborn baby with Downs, and I could choose between being put in Michelle Obama's womb or the womb of Paul Ryan's wife, I'm pretty confident that I'd know which path would lead to a chance at a happy life, and which path would end up with my getting butchered.

I'll try John, I will.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
JohnR

More signal, less noise. Thank you, sir.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
buckman

I'm going to chime in and say that Obama should not be called a "scum bag". He is the POTUS after all.

That being said,I have more respect for the Office then he does. George Bush respected the office as did his father. Clinton abused his power for sexual favors and if employed by a private company would have been fired and sued.

Obama has no respect for the GOP and has split this country in so many ways I lost track. He has BS'd his way into power and it shows to all those who can swallow their pride and admit he's a mistake.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama: "American People Will Feel That I Deserve A Second Term"

Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #24
Raven

he deserves to have the door hit him in the keester on his way home
Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
More signal, less noise. Thank you, sir.
You were right, and your point was one I needed to receive, as my wife tells me all the time.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #26
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

no it's not ok

Jim should edit that and be a bit more respectful

the way I see it, the flag is respected, and the president should be too, no matter what party you are

have some class

name calling is not going to change anything, or stop any hipocracy
Old 04-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
no it's not ok

the way I see it, the flag is respected, and the president should be too, no matter what party you are

have some class

catchy title...but probably not appropriate, I will say that this president has shown himself to be the least presidential of any occupant in memory with his own irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric, lack of respect, habitual dishonesty and absence of class coupled with his belly slithering style...he has degraded the office and the country.....hopefully, in 2012...we will replace him with a decent and patriotic human being ....
Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #28
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

I googled scumbag and this came up

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
no it's not ok

have some class

Slipknot, I respect what you're saying, but I'll disagree.

The law allows the flag to be burned in protest, I have no problem with that whatsoever, and I'm a vet.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. Obama voted to allow mothers to kill babies after they were born. He plays the race card every chance he gets. He consistently demonizes those who agree with him. In my opinion, he's a despicable person, completely unworthy of even a shred of respect. I've known good men, men of God who never thought of themselves first. Obama ain't in that class.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
. In my opinion, he's a despicable person, completely unworthy of even a shred of respect. .
And your worthy of any respect - calling the president a scumbag?

At least I got my laugh for the day.

I'm thankful that I was not raised to exhibit the type of hate you show here.