Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2021, 05:29 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim you change your stance more than the weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

i didn’t change my stance one bit. i was correcting you for mis-quoting me. i re-quoted myself. how is that changing my position?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-29-2021, 06:55 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i didn’t change my stance one bit. i was correcting you for mis-quoting me. i re-quoted myself. how is that changing my position, when all i did was repeat my original quote, which you misquoted in a desperate attempt to make me look dumb?

you feeling ok?
Can’t answer or won’t answer what is or was thing that conservatives did to beat the Dems on the topic under discussion.
Oh the horror I left out sometimes which in no way changes your statement

Jim you said as a always, you’re responding to something i never said
What did I say you said ?
Again I just reposted what you said minus sometimes

Still waiting on what the conservatives beat the Dems at
Old 10-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:

Still waiting on what the conservatives beat the Dems at

how bout' collecting guns and ammo
Old 10-29-2021, 08:23 AM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
how bout' collecting guns and ammo
Absolutely
Old 10-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #65
wdmso

seems the miami herald doesnt think Rons is doing a bang up job on Covid... what a surprise actual people who live there see the madness

New state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo represents the pompousness, the wackiness and the disregard for life and community that have become the hallmarks of Florida’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...#storylink=cpy

Nothing can hide Florida’s descent into Crazyville. Not the “Don’t Tread on Florida” alligator signs held by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ supporters at his latest COVID-19 policy proposal announcement. Not the state’s new Ivy League-educated surgeon general, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who, as reported by FloridaPolitics.com, refused — refused! — to wear a mask when he met with state Sen. Tina Polsky in her office in Tallahassee. The state senator, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, has cancer.

DeSantis’ latest move, announced Thursday, is to call a special legislative session to undermine federal requirements announced by President Biden that some workers be vaccinated against the coronavirus. Among the laws he wants lawmakers to pass is making businesses liable for medical harm that results from mandatory vaccinations, even though millions of vaccines have safely been administered in the United States.

DeSantis has for months tried to walk the tight rope between pleasing anti-vaxxers and not undermining the vaccines his own administration has distributed. If there was any doubt of which side he favors, Thursday’s announcement put the nail in the coffin.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
seems the miami herald doesnt think Rons is doing a bang up job on Covid... what a surprise actual people who live there see the madness

New state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo represents the pompousness, the wackiness and the disregard for life and community that have become the hallmarks of Florida’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nothing can hide Florida’s descent into Crazyville. Not the “Don’t Tread on Florida” alligator signs held by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ supporters at his latest COVID-19 policy proposal announcement. Not the state’s new Ivy League-educated surgeon general, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who, as reported by FloridaPolitics.com, refused — refused! — to wear a mask when he met with state Sen. Tina Polsky in her office in Tallahassee. The state senator, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, has cancer.

DeSantis’ latest move, announced Thursday, is to call a special legislative session to undermine federal requirements announced by President Biden that some workers be vaccinated against the coronavirus. Among the laws he wants lawmakers to pass is making businesses liable for medical harm that results from mandatory vaccinations, even though millions of vaccines have safely been administered in the United States.

DeSantis has for months tried to walk the tight rope between pleasing anti-vaxxers and not undermining the vaccines his own administration has distributed. If there was any doubt of which side he favors, Thursday’s announcement put the nail in the coffin.

and if i post an article from a conservative paper saying he’s doing a great job, why is yours more credible?

people are moving there in huge, huge numbers. does that tell you anything?
Old 10-29-2021, 06:27 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:

that’s a very thoughtful, objective fact based article, with no political opinions at all muddying the cold hard truth.

f the state was “crazyville” people wouldn’t be moving there but they are. which pretty much means that article is left wing manure.