Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I really hope you're going to confessional this week.
Why? Wasn't a gay slur. What I meant is that if you're in a very high-level government position (being in the Cabinet counts), and there's a for-real crisis in your area, you don't ignore it because you're on paternity leave. In times of national crisis, the needs of the country come before his desire for paternity leave, and that priority is not for everybody, which is why those jobs aren't for everybody. If you choose that job, there's responsibility that comes with it. He doesn't want the responsibility, he just wants to get invited to the best parties.

Spence, I was in favor of gay marriage when the state of California (!!) rejected it, when Obama and Hilary both said they were opposed to it for religious reasons. I didn't jump on the bandwagon just because it became fashionable
Old 11-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Mueller, IC, and Senate intel committee (led by a Republican) reports tell the story:
* Russia attacked the US election to help Trump.
* Trump aided and abetted that attack by denying its existence and providing cover to Putin.

You cannot handle the truth.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I had no trouble handling the Mueller Report, Nor the Rittenhouse decision, nor the false accusations that Trump said that Nazis were very fine people, nor the several other conspiratorial accusations that you promoted on this forum. No problem at all.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
So, you’re admittedly a troll
SO why did you omit that Rep Cawthorn also said to "be moral"? Interesting that was the part you left out. Curious why?

I mean, we all know why, I'm curious what you're excuse woul dbe.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:44 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
SO why did you omit that Rep Cawthorn also said to "be moral"? Interesting that was the part you left out. Curious why?

I mean, we all know why, I'm curious what you're excuse woul dbe.
I did
You’re in the wrong thread
Are your morals like Cawthorns?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why? Wasn't a gay slur. What I meant is that if you're in a very high-level government position (being in the Cabinet counts), and there's a for-real crisis in your area, you don't ignore it because you're on paternity leave. In times of national crisis, the needs of the country come before his desire for paternity leave, and that priority is not for everybody, which is why those jobs aren't for everybody. If you choose that job, there's responsibility that comes with it. He doesn't want the responsibility, he just wants to get invited to the best parties.

Spence, I was in favor of gay marriage when the state of California (!!) rejected it, when Obama and Hilary both said they were opposed to it for religious reasons. I didn't jump on the bandwagon just because it became fashionable
I was stationed with a guy on my ship, we left on a 6 month deployment, his daughter was born 3 days after we left. He left with us, missed the birth, missed her first smile, didn’t get to see her until she was 4 months old (wife flew out and met the ship in Spain and surprised him). A lot of stories like that.

Glad Mayor Pete got to go out trick or treating with the fam while the US shipping ports ground to a halt

He took on a very important role, he needed to show the #^&#^&#^&#^& up, he failed

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-22-2021, 06:17 PM   #36
wdmso

January 6th was a few dozen jerks who threw a temper tantrum.

Come up for air from that rabbit hole you live in..
Old 11-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
January 6th was a few dozen jerks who threw a temper tantrum.

Come up for air from that rabbit hole you live in..
just show me the evidence that they were part of a coordinated plot, with a coordinated plan to accomplish anything other than what they accomplished ( nothing).
Old 11-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He took on a very important role, he needed to show the #^&#^&#^&#^& up, he failed
This is ridiculous, it's not like he turned his cell phone off.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
just show me the evidence that they were part of a coordinated plot, with a coordinated plan to accomplish anything other than what they accomplished ( nothing).
Who’s blocking the Jan 6th commission
The party you sold your soul to..

Ps you wouldn’t believe any evidence anyway .. it’s not allowed in your cult..

Your so twisted your happier than a kid with a shiny toy over Rittenhouse getting off.. a great day in America

but but Jan 6th was a nothing burger .. yep you’re radicalized
Old 11-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Who’s blocking the Jan 6th commission
The party you sold your soul to..

Ps you wouldn’t believe any evidence anyway .. it’s not allowed in your cult..

Your so twisted your happier than a kid with a shiny toy over Rittenhouse getting off.. a great day in America

but but Jan 6th was a nothing burger .. yep you’re radicalized
and arrest anyone who is illegally blocking anything. fair
enough?

how about you go back to the question i asked, instead of dodging it completely.

so you have zero evidence to support your position.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
Yeah, patriots show up with ladders, zip tie hand cuffs, weapons staged in nearby hotels, just totally random.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is ridiculous, like answering your phone in between diaper changes is the same as showing up for work.

He. Failed.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yeah, patriots show up with ladders, zip tie hand cuffs, weapons staged in nearby hotels, just totally random.
a weapon in a hotel! and a ladder.

against the united states federal government. it’s amazing we survived that existential
threat.

it’s a good thing that ladder was only a ten footer . if they brought the 12-footer, the country would be a wasteland.

the most ominous threats were weapons not on their persons, and a ladder. i think they got this idea from an episode of ‘24’. Even Jack Bauer was helpless in the face of a ladder.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #44
spence

Quote:

against the united states federal government. it’s amazing we survived that existential
threat.

it’s a good thing that ladder was only a ten footer . if they brought the 12-footer, the country would be a wasteland.

the most ominous threats were weapons not on their persons, and a ladder. i think they got this idea from an episode of ‘24’. Even Jack Bauer was helpless in the face of a ladder.
A good number of people were caught with weapons. 700 or so have been indicted. Keep trying rewrite history.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
A good number of people were caught with weapons. 700 or so have been indicted. Keep trying rewrite history.
i heard one guy had a level. i hope they executed him on the spot.
oh this thread is a gift!

antifa brings lots of weapons, does that mean they’re domestic terrorists? your side won’t even admit they exist.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Alex Jones today says he “doesn’t want to spend the rest of my life in prison,” so he will plead the 5th before the J6 Select Committee.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
I heard one of them had a tape measure, that's obviously the Osama Bin Laden of the group.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:

A good number of people were caught with weapons.

Posted on November 9, 2021

Reffitt is one of three people charged with carrying a gun onto Capitol grounds; no one is charged so far with having a gun inside the building. Two others are charged with bringing guns and explosives to Washington.

pretty tough to hold the fort with only three guns on capitol grounds and none inside the building
Old 11-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #49
scottw

Quote:

700 or so have been indicted. .
702...most for "parading"
Old 11-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
702...most for "parading"
Is it 702 indictments? It's that high?
Old 11-24-2021, 06:20 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
it’s not ridiculous.

in normal times, you’re right, as long as he has his phone, he can be reached anywhere during an emergency.

Once there is a national crisis within his area of his responsibility, the needs of the people he claimed to want to serve, are more important than his reading children’s books to his babies in front of the fire.

You can be informed of a national crisis at home on paternity leave. You can’t fix a national crisis while hime on paternity leave.

you know this. you just can’t say it because of politics.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Just tourists
While the more than 700 federal cases brought already represent the largest federal investigation in history, that number mounts daily, with the Justice Department now estimating that more than 2,000 people “were involved with the siege,” up from earlier assessments of around 800.

Roughly half of the defendants have been charged with at least one felony, in contrast to the large percentage of petty misdemeanors seen among the early guilty pleas.
The quick and simple cases go first.
Conspiracy cases will come, the Proud Boys are scheduled for April
Old 11-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just tourists
While the more than 700 federal cases brought already represent the largest federal investigation in history, that number mounts daily, with the Justice Department now estimating that more than 2,000 people “were involved with the siege,” up from earlier assessments of around 800.

Roughly half of the defendants have been charged with at least one felony, in contrast to the large percentage of petty misdemeanors seen among the early guilty pleas.
The quick and simple cases go first.
you’re acting as if the entire right is forgiving those rioters. problem
is, we aren’t. You’re the ones who always give your own side a free pass.

Charge them with every single law that hey actually broke, and punish them accordingly. i can’t imagine how you infer from that, that I feel they were just tourists.

but everyone here has trouble understanding your gibberish, so that’s not news.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:18 AM   #54
Jim in CT

pete i’m terms of loss of
life and property, there’s simply no comparison between between january 6 and the summer 2020 BLM riots.

yet your side ignores the more serious event, and obsesses over the far more benign one, for political purposes.

and americans see this.

the problem for liberals today, is they usually act kooky when there’s some other event going on to distract america from their craziness - like the 2008 economic crisis, covid, Trumps disgusting antics.

today, for the first time in a long time, liberals are showing their bolshevik kooky colors in broad daylight, with nothing to distract americans away. it’s not going well. americans can see clearly what today’s brand of liberalism is. and they don’t like it.

election results, every poll, every event and every liberal reaction to that event, is bad news for your side. they can’t get a single thing right.

except the infastructure bill which was a smart political win. But it won’t offset a constant avalanche of monumental blunders.

keep beating the “end cash bail” drum, keep telling parents that while they have an obligation to pay for public schools, they aren’t entitled to a say in how their money is spent.

It’s working! Americans love those ideas! Right?

the most rational people on the left, are Bill Maher and James Carville !!!! then only two that i can tell, who are aware of the way liberals are driving themselves off the progressive woke cliff.

and it’s glorious to behold.

sadly, a lot can happen in a year. but i think biden is too weak to pivot to the center.

so barring another national crisis, the left is setting itself up for a bloodbath in 2022. liberals have a knack for getting a crisis when they need it. boy do they need it now.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-24-2021 at 07:24 AM..
Old 11-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
January 6th was a few dozen jerks who threw a temper tantrum. Maybe a few of them hoped that somehow they were going to change the election results, but that's a few kooks. There was no widespread plot, no more than there's widespread plot among white cops to slaughter black people, yet every TV station other than Foxnews claims there is, and that stupid claim has led to violence and murder.
Quote:
How many people were inside the capital? A million?

Did the Chewbacca guy (40 months for goofy trespassing seems harsh to me) have a well-thought out plan for the coup?

They took a page right out of you sides well-worn playbook, staged a much more peaceful riot than your side did that summer, demanded that they get their way, and the system told them to f-ck off, exactly as the system is supposed to tell them.

There are way too many conservatives for my liking, who act like there's hard evidence the election was stolen. There's also too many liberals fo rmy liking (almost all of them) who say that everything, including the Rittenhouse event, is a matter of white supremacy. Each side spewing lies for political gain. There are 2 differences. (1) Foxnews doesn't claim every night all night, that the election was stolen, but you almost everything on MSNBC and CNN is presented through the prism of race. (2) the only person killed as a direct result of the Trump riot, was an unarmed, tiny, female rioter, shot without warning while obviously posing no immediate threat to anyone, killed by a cop with a documented history of being stupidly reckless with his gun.

Your side is more choked up about the death a 4- or 5-time child rapist who announced that he was going to kill Rittenhouse for absolutely no reason, then tried to take his rifle.

Have fun with that. I have to go to starch my robe for tonights klan meeting.

Quote:
Quote:

threat.

Quote:
i heard one guy had a level. i hope they executed him on the spot.
oh this thread is a gift!

antifa brings lots of weapons, does that mean they’re domestic terrorists? your side won’t even admit they exist.

Quote:
I heard one of them had a tape measure, that's obviously the Osama Bin Laden of the group.
Quote:
Is it 702 indictments? It's that high?
Quote:
you’re acting as if the entire right is forgiving those rioters. problem
is, we aren’t. You’re the ones who always give your own side a free pass.

Charge them with every single law that hey actually broke, and punish them accordingly. i can’t imagine how you infer from that, that I feel they were just tourists.

but everyone here has trouble understanding your gibberish, so that’s not news.
I infer that from what you post, see above

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-24-2021, 07:49 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:

Conspiracy cases will come
conspiracy to do what pete?
Old 11-24-2021, 07:51 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
I infer that from what you post, see above

and you think americans associate the proud boys with the entire GOP?

pete, are you responsible for what Antifa does?

you go ahead, pin all your 2022 and 2024 election hopes on discrediting the Proud Boys. Stick with that!!!

oh man you guys are precious.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:
and you think americans associate the proud boys with the entire GOP?

pete, are you responsible for what Antifa does?

you go ahead, pin all your 2022 and 2024 election hopes on discrediting the Proud Boys. Stick with that!!!

oh man you guys are precious.
are there more than 7 proud boys?....just curious
Old 11-24-2021, 07:56 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
conspiracy to do what pete?
all registered republicans apparently conspired with the Proud Boys, to overthrow the 2020 election, with (according to Spence) a few weapons that were left in hotel rooms, and a ladder. that ladder is comedy gold.

assuming we don’t nominate trump ( i really hope we don’t) there’s almost zero remaining political
capital for democrats to gain from january 6th. soon, the democrats are going to need something else to point to. they can’t bank on that forever. It’s in the rear view mirror for most americans, but the libs can’t let it go, it’s all they’ve got.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:31 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Tell me you’re a criminal without actually saying it: Jan. 6 WH Rally Team Used Burner Phones to talk to White House