Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

View Poll Results: What the hell should we do?
Get out now!! 1 3.70%
Send mre troops and beat them down, even if we draft? 11 40.74%
Throw it on the United Nations Lap. Thats what they there for. 7 25.93%
Impeach Bush and charge him and Chenny and Rummy with war crimes 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

Iraq na Phobia

President Moron is now trying to pick and choose the paletable parts of Bakers Iraq report and shove it down our throats. I expect him to go down as one of the worse presidents in our history and I voted for him the first time Kerry the second. He is the reason I revoked my lifelong membership in the Republician party. Anyways a poll for your views.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Angry

wrong fukking forum for this $hit.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Duke41
got gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbed View Post
very nice..do you talk to your mother with that potty mouth son
Old 12-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

at least I have a mother, instead of two fathers and a hole in the wall like you do.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Duke41
got gas?

Quote:
at least I have a mother, instead of two fathers and a hole in the wall like you do.

You sir are a pig
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Duhhhh - Correct forum.... If you seriously have a problem with something use the "report post". Otherwise STFU as I seem to recall you said glad for the Poli forum as it would keep the rest cleaner...

(unless this was moved from parent forum in which case I take back the STFU part )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

none of the above.....but dont have an answer either

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
stripersnipr

You really have to wonder about people who would choose to prosecute a sitting President for ambiguos war crimes in a time of war. Talk about handing the enemy a victory.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
You really have to wonder about people who would choose to prosecute a sitting President for ambiguos war crimes in a time of war. Talk about handing the enemy a victory.
In light of the fact that a majority of the World, including a majority of Americans believe the President led us to war for false reasons, therefore validating exactly what Bin Laden said we would do...

The near term victory has already been granted. Time will tell if we can take it away...

-spence
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
In light of the fact that a majority of the World, including a majority of Americans believe the President led us to war for false reasons, therefore validating exactly what Bin Laden said we would do...

The near term victory has already been granted. Time will tell if we can take it away...

-spence
Bin Laden punches America in the face and then predicts America will punch back. That is validation?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
Bin Laden punches America in the face and then predicts America will punch back. That is validation?
It's a bit more nuanced than that...but you did just articulate his point!

-spence
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
stripersnipr

Quote:
It's a bit more nuanced than that...but you did just articulate his point!

-spence
Wow. Using that rationale Victory is easily achieved. So using that logic had we not responded to Terrorist attacks we would have been victorious in the War on Terrorism.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
Skitterpop

Quote:

GWBUSH:

And I reject those ideas," he said. "Ideas such as leaving before the job is done. Ideas such as not helping this (Iraqi) government take the necessary and hard steps to be able to do its job."

Our Iraqi Government...not the the Iraqi peoples choice but our version....

Puhleeeesssseee.... you must have stock in munitions?

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop View Post
Our Iraqi Government...not the the Iraqi peoples choice but our version....

Puhleeeesssseee.... you must have stock in munitions?
This really is the problem.

It seems clear the single biggest mistake Bush made was to insert Paul Bremer to dictate just exactly how the Iraqi's were going to run their country.

The arrogance of this is beyond words. It literally is hegemony and it's exactly what Bin Laden told the Islamic world we would do.

Combined with the fact that Bush seems to have cared little of the regional social and religious structure...oh, and they didn't bother to secure the tons and tons of munitions and arms left in the open after Saddams fall...

The stupidity of this is beyond words. I don't know about you, but I expect more expertise from my government and accountability for those who led us here in this manner.

Instead Bush gives them civilian medals and high ranking jobs.

The obscenity of this is beyond words.

Skitterpop, I think some are just afraid to look.

-spence
Old 12-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #15
stripersnipr

Quote:
This really is the problem.

It seems clear the single biggest mistake Bush made was to insert Paul Bremer to dictate just exactly how the Iraqi's were going to run their country.

The arrogance of this is beyond words. It literally is hegemony and it's exactly what Bin Laden told the Islamic world we would do.

Combined with the fact that Bush seems to have cared little of the regional social and religious structure...oh, and they didn't bother to secure the tons and tons of munitions and arms left in the open after Saddams fall...

The stupidity of this is beyond words. I don't know about you, but I expect more expertise from my government and accountability for those who led us here in this manner.

Instead Bush gives them civilian medals and high ranking jobs.

The obscenity of this is beyond words.

Skitterpop, I think some are just afraid to look.

-spence

I think some people just understand that they can't dial in the Way-Back Machine and un-insert Paul Bremer into Iraq. Some people probably also think that conceding defeat in Iraq as a form of punishment to Bush is not the right to do for the country. But on the other hand some people probably think that conceding defeat as a form of punishment to Bush is critical to their cause at any cost.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Some people probably also think that conceding defeat in Iraq as a form of punishment to Bush is not the right to do for the country. But on the other hand some people probably think that conceding defeat as a form of punishment to Bush is critical to their cause at any cost.
Is that all you've got?

Yes, Americans by and large want us to loose. What a crock...

-spence
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #17
Duke41
got gas?

for once I am with Spence !
Old 12-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
for once I am with Spence !
Stay for a while...you may like it here

-spence
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #19
stripersnipr

The only victory Bin Laden has achieved is the false victory awarded to him by certain individuals in an effort to validate and further political agenda (quest for power).
Old 12-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #20
Duke41
got gas?

My cousin leaves for that %$%$%$%$hole tommorow. 4 kids left at home with mom. Short deployment. Thank God. So I am feeling a little frisky.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
My cousin leaves for that %$%$%$%$hole tommorow. 4 kids left at home with mom. Short deployment. Thank God. So I am feeling a little frisky.
I've got a friend planning on his fourth tour! Heck he may already be in Kuwait...was damn nearly killed before the real shooting even began. Had to watch his first child's birth via video conference from a hospital bed in Germany. All in all I'd say he's pretty lucky.

Best wishes for a safe and fast return

-spence
Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #22
Skitterpop

F.................en

Beyond all the slam dunking and pointed wit here on this issue..... its a hell hole over there.....and its not Dems and Retropubs..... its us....America..... over policing and sickenly trying to insert DEMONOCRACY into countries and peoples who do not desire so.

You should all watch Catch 22 again and again.

Good health and family
Old 12-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #23
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop View Post
trying to insert DEMONOCRACY into countries and peoples who do not desire so.

You should all watch Catch 22 again and again.
Demonocracy..........Interesting.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #24
stripersnipr

Quote:
I've got a friend planning on his fourth tour! Heck he may already be in Kuwait...was damn nearly killed before the real shooting even began. Had to watch his first child's birth via video conference from a hospital bed in Germany. All in all I'd say he's pretty lucky.

Best wishes for a safe and fast return

-spence
Wonder what made him opt for his fourth deployment.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #25
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I beg to differ. The military could win on thier own if they didn't have to stay out of the mosques. If they could enter and destroy what is inside the war would end.

And what is so confusing about the simple fact that they, the fanatical muslims, who are nothing but thugs subverting a religon, declared war on us. And the declaration took place many years before 09/11/2001.

Enter the mosques and shoot SADR and the others who are formenting and perpetuating the war for thier own benefit.

Dialogue, dialogue, dialogue...............dialogue got us 09/11/2001. Dialogue got us 444 days of captivity for the embassy hostages. Dialogue allows the enemy to resupply most of the time.

I watched those planes hit the towers, one after the fact, one live. I said in the barber shop where I was we are at war as I paid my bill and started to leave. We just need to figure out who to shoot at. I firmly believe because of his rheotoric and his undying support of anti-american diatribe Hussein, deserved to be the first to go. Doing what Bush did was to pro-active for many Amercians, and in that regard unpalatable, but sometimes when all else seems to be gone, or is gone, one has to save face. And saving face before the world is extremely important. Bin Laden and all the rest wanted war and they got it. But like most terrorists (cowards) after the fact they are hiding well-away from the shooting.

I have asked this question before and I'll ask it again of the anti-Bush group. What would you have done different after 9/11 than what Bush and most of Congress did?

Last edited by Swimmer; 12-14-2006 at 01:06 PM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 12-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I beg to differ. The military could win on thier own if they didn't have to stay out of the mosques. If they could enter and destroy what is inside the war would end.

And what is so confusing about the simple fact that they, the fanatical muslims, who are nothing but thugs subverting a religon, declared war on us. And the declaration took place many years before 09/11/2001.

Enter the mosques and shoot SADR and the others who are formenting and perpetuating the war for thier own benefit.

Dialogue, dialogue, dialogue...............dialogue got us 09/11/2001. Dialogue got us 444 days of captivity for the embassy hostages. Dialogue allows the enemy to resupply most of the time.

I watched those planes hit the towers, one after the fact, one live. I said in the barber shop where I was we are at war as I paid my bill and started to leave. We just need to figure out who to shoot at. I firmly believe because of his rheotoric and his undying support of anti-american diatribe Hussein, deserved to be the first to go. Doing what Bush did was to pro-active for many Amercians, and in that regard unpalatable, but sometimes when all else seems to be gone, or is gone, one has to save face. And saving face before the world is extremely important. Bin Laden and all the rest wanted war and they got it. But like most terrorists (cowards) after the fact they are hiding well-away from the shooting.

I have asked this question before and I'll ask it again of the anti-Bush group. What would you have done different after 9/11 than what Bush and most of Congress did?
If the prior administration had taken terrorism seriously we may not even be in the current situation. But instead, Slick Willy had the NSA eavesdropping on the hottest female dignitary in the world. You can't make this stuff up. Forget Bin Laden, let focus on Princess Di.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	di.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	18364  

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 12-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
In all honesty I've never heard a single military or terrorisim expert assert such a thing. I don't believe it for a moment.
Quote:
Who's anti-Bush? I'm anti bad policy

Quite simply, we should have recognized 9/11 for what it was...not an offensive strike against our freedom by crazy terrorists, but rather the result of a global Islamic insurgency that feeds from many sources.

This is the problem with the entire notion of the "terrorist". If you either are a terrorist or you are not then logic would dictate we could sinply target and kill terrorists to be successfull. This is the rational I hear repeatedly in these pages by many of you...

But the reality is we're fighting insurgents...it's a groundswell of rage against the entire world. We're target number one not because we're free, but because the USA is known as the world leader and our economy is the underpinning of the global economy.

This rage is present in every nation on earth. Some of it is perhaps justified and much of it is not.

But the US Military can't kill everyone we say is a terrorist when there's a stream of rage that's rooted in over a billion people, most of whom don't have the freedom or means to express any difference of opinion.

I could go on...but this is the fundamental problem with our post 9/11 policy.

-spence
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #28
stripersnipr

Rest assured there was an element in WWII and every other war in History that was determined that we were unable to win. Vietnam is a good example of what happens when you listen to them.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #29
stripersnipr

Bizzaro Logic:
Given the fact that combatting violence against American citizens with military force isn't an option, perhaps rather than attacking the Training infrastructure for Al Queda post 9/11 we could have provided some group therapy for those poor individuals who cannot control their rage and maybe a mass apology from the American people would have helped soothe their animosity towards us. 9/12/01 should've been the time for some serious introspection to determine the things that the victims of the WTC, the Pentagon and the American people in general were guilty of to provoke such an attack. After the root cause analysis was completed we could've then sent a delegation of Jesse Jackson and Jimmy Carter to Afghanistan to engage the Taliban in some engaging dialog. What the Hell do those Terrorism experts know anyways.

Dont forget: When we kill a Terrorist who is a sworn enemy of America we are handing Bin Laden a Victory. Yep he gets great satisfaction when the top leaders in his organization are exterminated.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #30
spence

What's Bizaro is you're interpretation. I've never stated that violence isn't an option or that killing terrorists is a win for al Qaeda.

Violence with weak justification that seems to needlessly kill civilians though is a completely different matter.

Perception does count, this is a rebellion.

Your perception of what I believe seems to be quite different from what I really believe. It's as if you don't read my words, but just respond with the same tired black and white mantra.

-spence