Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 06-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Wink Fish Report for the week of 6/7/09

Hi All sorry for the lack of reports but we were on the water every day for the past 9 days.

The Saltwater fishing in Boston Harbor has been up and down, it is the weirdest spring mackerel run we have had in a long time. Some days the bite is awesome and the next day you only get a few fish and you are scratching your head, LOL

I had my Mom and Dad here this past 8 days from PA, as well as several clients to get out on the water.

As I mentioned the fishing was a mixed bag, we had a ton of bait here up until the past 2 days and some bluefish have moved into the mix of Stripers. Not a welcome site as far as the live mackerel fishing for Striped Bass goes as they will bite them in half and you can go thru a ton of bait in a hurry, but if you like blue fish some deep divers should work just fine right now. If the blues move in solid the mackerel will be out of here for the season until the fall.

We had a few days this past week were we caught about 60-70 macks in about 15min. and we were good to go for the day. We caught both small Striped Bass
and some nice chuncky big bass as well ranging from sub leagal to small keepers to fish up to 28 lbs.

some Stripers were really daring as they were around 25 inches and trying to eat a freakin mackerel that was half there size!!!

There has been a ton of bait around up until the last 2 days but the water was warmer for a few days and we got blues, but yesterday the water was cold and we did not get any bluefish. So they may push out and the mackerel could be out there in numbers tomorrow. We will see what happens as we have several charters scheduled over the next week.

I will post the current pictures for you to check out in the photo section.

There is also a big push of large bass on the way and we should have some really good fishing the next several weeks with some big cow bassies.

If you are interested in a private trip or shared trip give us a call or an email and we will get you scheduled and out there to rip some lips!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherwoman View Post
There is also a big push of large bass on the way and we should have some really good fishing the next several weeks with some big cow bassies.
Thats what I like to hear. I have a couple days off next week and heading down Cape for a weekend of fishing.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote