Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Sgt_Nutz

Pepper spray sucks!!!!

As part of our Certification for a new chemical agent we had to be sprayed with Pepper Spray Mace(OC) and then go through some drills today. A step up from the milder form we have used in the past.

Holy bleep that bleep works!!!!!!!!!! Excruciating burning bleeping pain to the face. Eyes instantly shut and nose running like a faucet! Eyes are still burning hours later! Couple hours for the burning to subside only to instantly return in the shower. I am now done for the day, no fishing tonight!

Note: Do not mess with State Police as instructors inform us that theirs is 10 times stronger!

20' Aquasport CC 115hp Johnson 'SiouxToo'
Sgt_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Raven

Thumbs up

we still have some....on hand
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Backbeach Jake

I worked for an outfit that sold Police gear. One fine day they asked two of their best idiots to dispose of some out of date pepper spray. I was working in a spray booth around the corner. The fan sucked the spray in there with me. It started with "geeze, I can't breathe" and ended with "holy eff, what the eff, and dammitall" I left the booth and found dumb and dumber around the corner, kicked them right in the arse grommet.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Cool Beans

It's definitely effective stuff !! had to get "certified" twice during my time in the navy working security. In order to carry the stuff, you have to get sprayed, the newer stuff is mostly water based and not as bad as my first time, more of a vegetable oil based and it really stuck with you. I remember sitting in the car, a/c on full blast, holding my eyes right up to the 2 vents in the center. Baby shampoo didn't work well for me, so I used chocolate milk, which seemed to work real good. I just sat in a lawn chair holding my eyes open with my fingers and had the wife pour it in....

If you got it in your car, it can hit you again for the next couple days...

Why do you need to be sprayed to carry it? They don't shoot you, in order to let you carry a gun.

A buddy of mine, who's wife is Hispanic and loves spicy food, licked his forehead after he was sprayed... tongue blistered up pretty good.....
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Raven

mongolian fire oil is quite similar on the grill
best to stay away from that smoke
or pay a hefty price gagging on it
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Wait for the Red Face tomorrow. I have pics somewhere of me getting certified I will try and find.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I dont like posting I can beat that, childish types of post replies, but I have been sprayed so many times in the last 35 years, out on the road, inside the cell block area, closed places in peoples homes and more than once in the cruiser, I can't begin to count.

It bothers me but I can function just fine without much treatment afterward. You do become use to it, not so much it doesn't bother you, but enough so that after you say, "ah chit, here we go again", you can move on with the rest of your day.

It does hurt though. I feel your pain. As far as the troopers having stuff ten times worse, I think not. What you got is the best they have, and you have. You have to get sprayed with what you use. And you should be just so you know what is about to happen, because you could easily be overcome by a perp if the OC disables you.

I always tell the ladies/men that come in and get O.C Spray only F.I.D. cards that they have to spray it on the hand, not manditory, to see what it is like, so if they spray it on someone they know what they are getting into. Nobody has ever come in afterwards. I can only assume no one yet has tried that or I would have heard.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Rob Rockcrawler

I had to get certified a few years back for the National Park Service law enforcement academy. Not a pleasant experience at all. I wish i had the video of it. I got a little cute with the instructor. And asked if it was ok to shut my eyes when he sprayed me. He said "yeah, thats fine". Well he shot me quick with my eyes closed, then he did the father son holy spirit thing, side to side, up and down my face in about 3 seconds. At about 2 feet, holy crap. The most uncomfortable experience i have ever went thru. We had to fight off an attacker with a baton for 30 seconds, then radio for assistance. Out of a class of about 40 people, about 10 completed the drill effectively. Really wooping ass with the baton, accurate strikes and all. I was part of the other 30, who in a real life situation would have been in some major trouble. It gave me a lot of respect for satan in a can.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
Rob Rockcrawler

It was funny because after it wore off i felt great. Its like jumping in a cold lake, when its over i felt exhilarated. But when i took a shower that night it ran down towards a rather sensitive area. I think i know what it felt like to party in tijuana before the advent of penicillin.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
Raven

Talking and i think

your no longer "as" cute