Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Iraq war hero heckled at Columbia

Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

I can't imagine how this guy can stand to be surrounded by all these brats. These geniuses gave a warm welcome to the President of Iran, but heckle this guy?

My favorite quote...

"Universities should not be involved in military activities," Sociology Professor Emeritus Herbert Gans told The Post. "Columbia should come out against spending $300 billion a year on unnecessary wars."

And this moron teaches kids. If you have a problem with the rational for the war, then your problem is with the politicians, not with the soldiers on the ground.

The mental disorder of liberalism, in all of its dreadful majesty...these kids are supposed to be the brightest? God help us.

I was once asked to participate in a panel about the Iraq War at Wesleyan University in CT, which is an extremely liberal school. The kids did everything except throw tomatoes at me. They all looked at me as if I was a knuckle-dragging Cossack hell-bent on raping them all (not likely at that school, the girls all look like Jenine Garafolo).

Liberalism. I swear, it requires the absolute, willful surrender of common sense. Obama upped the stakes in Afghanistan, and he would get a hero's welcome at Columbia. But the seargant who carries out the orders gets heckled?

I'd like one of the liberals here to point out an example where serious, influential conservatives were so wrong and viciously hateful on any subject. Keep in mind Columbia is a well-regarded institution, so don't compare this to the birthers, who are a lunatic fringe with no influence. These kids who heckled this guy will be running the Democratic party in 20 years...