Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Of course . . . if your version of totality hasn't totally destroyed the little gleam of truth, discredit it by using your fake, poop-coated pointer to guide us to the turds in the comment section.
Clearly you are in the club that see that clip as something to be praised showered with accolades.. which was posted with the those who feel Trump is persecuted as the target audience ...

What I see in the clip is a POTUS doing what he should be doing anyway ..just like those who came before him have .. it's their duty to recognize such things .... he deserves no praise for doing what right to start with.

these events are seen by many as window dressing and hollow gestures.. Because of Trumps endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt for the office in which he sits making such events appear insincere

Trump can only cry wolf so many times ... people have already stopped listening
Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Clearly you are in the club that see that clip as something to be praised showered with accolades.. which was posted with the those who feel Trump is persecuted as the target audience ...

I see it as part of the totality that you are unable or unwilling to see. It deserves no accolades. For me it merely is what it is. Just as Trump's negatives are what they are. I don't consider it necessary to belong to a club to see things as they are. Perhaps you do. Perhaps you're in the club that can only see his negatives . . . and must even exaggerate them and conjure up more that don't actually exist. You likened those posting in the comment section of the video to a cult. Perhaps your club is like a cult . . . of implacable haters . . . or obstreperous Democrats.

What I see in the clip is a POTUS doing what he should be doing anyway ..just like those who came before him have .. it's their duty to recognize such things .... he deserves no praise for doing what right to start with.

To borrow and sort of paraphrase Mark Antony's famous quote in Shakespear's JULIUS CAESAR, I neither praise Trump, nor do I wish to bury him. I only wish to add what is right and just to his story--small bits of reality to add to the exaggerated picture created by those who do want to bury him. He doesn't deserve praise for doing what's right, but he should be given recognition that he does do right.

these events are seen by many as window dressing and hollow gestures.. Because of Trumps endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt for the office in which he sits making such events appear insincere

Yes, those who wish to bury him see it that way. And they do spew their endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt for him as they sit in their self-righteous office of presidential critic where they see nothing about him that is sincerely good.

Trump can only cry wolf so many times ... people have already stopped listening
Apparently, you haven't stopped listening. Barely a day goes by that you don't post one of his tweets.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #33
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Apparently, you haven't stopped listening. Barely a day goes by that you don't post one of his tweets.
Seems like he can’t get enough, probably has a scanner at home so he can go chase accidents.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:

How do know your a conservative snowflake

1st example.. when think others exaggerated picture created by those who do want to bury him. must even exaggerate them and conjure up more that don't actually exist.

Translation Trump is a Victim !! seeing or hearing what he's done or said actually exist. unless your a Trump supporter then they don't actually exist.

2nd double down and blame others for endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt

those who wish to bury him see it that way. And they do spew their endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt for him as they sit in their self-righteous office of presidential critic where they see nothing about him that is sincerely good.

Translation Trump is a Victim but he is really a nice guy ? Who's responsible for Trumps image ... Trump is but just another example of wanting it both ways

like this Thread is it an invading army or is it a caravan of people escaping hardships ... it's clearly not equally both ...

Last edited by wdmso; 11-16-2018 at 05:07 AM..
Old 11-16-2018, 05:03 AM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Seems like he can’t get enough, probably has a scanner at home so he can go chase accidents.
seems you 2 dont read the news much Trumps outlandish tweets are front and center no searching required.

Finding todays forecast requires more effort
Old 11-16-2018, 05:58 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:

seems you 2 dont read the news much Trumps outlandish tweets are front and center no searching required.
interesting that whacky leftists spend MUCH more time digesting and regurgitating faux news and trump tweets than your average right wing extremist...the plan appears to be working
Old 11-16-2018, 07:27 AM   #37
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Finding todays forecast requires more effort
I like to be informed Wayne but I don’t read the news much,you are correct. I refuse to live in such a manner. Look at what you have become as a result of your obsession. Trump is in your head 24-7. It can not be healthy but that is your choice.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

https://youtu.be/a5BLdmRKZ2g
https://youtu.be/kRtqQk_O9dM
I could post one for every year

The tweets Trump writes himself are easily identifiable
The comments are interesting
You guys should be defending him there also

Posted from my oiPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I like to be informed Wayne but I don’t read the news much,you are correct. I refuse to live in such a manner. Look at what you have become as a result of your obsession. Trump is in your head 24-7. It can not be healthy but that is your choice.
I am just trying to MAGA .. I could easily sit on the sidelines and say nothing ... but where is the honor that .. I have never been as motivated to push back against an administration my whole life .. I wish that wasn’t the case .. but I can’t find anything positive that counters the negatives he’s promotes day in day out

Last edited by wdmso; 11-16-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Old 11-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #40
Sea Dangles

Your pride and passion is on display on a daily basis. Kudos are deserved for dedication. Trump is sure to provide you with job security in this life mission you have assumed. But you have my sympathy regardless of the impact you surely make for future generations.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
How do know your a conservative snowflake

When you call me one. I don't care to use that word, or words like #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, Democrap, Trumpets, etc. But if it soothes your anger to do so, or you're just trying to be funny, go for it.

1st example.. when think others exaggerated picture created by those who do want to bury him. must even exaggerate them and conjure up more that don't actually exist.

Translation Trump is a Victim !! seeing or hearing what he's done or said actually exist. unless your a Trump supporter then they don't actually exist.

I have not claimed that Trump is a victim. I have rebutted things said about him. Your translation is not correct. But that is not unusual for you. Not everything you say about Trump is true. I don't rebut what is true. I try to refute that which I think is not true or is exaggerated or misleading.

For example, in a thread I started yesterday, the first response was that Trump is a misogynist. I made a general rebuttal. Then Pete F., who has said several times that Trump is a misogynist, posted an article that actually and convincingly contradicted that notion. As well, it repudiated other negative things about Trump that are reiterated on this forum and in the MSM.

So, yes, I do believe that many things said about Trump are not true, or are misleading or exaggerated. Whether the misrepresentation is intentional or not may depend on the opinion of whatever type of "snowflake" you are.

2nd double down and blame others for endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt

I don't "blame" you for your endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt. I just point it out. You know . . . that laser pointer bit you like.

those who wish to bury him see it that way. And they do spew their endless vitriolic rhetoric and contempt for him as they sit in their self-righteous office of presidential critic where they see nothing about him that is sincerely good.

Translation Trump is a Victim but he is really a nice guy ? Who's responsible for Trumps image ... Trump is but just another example of wanting it both ways

Again, your false victim meme. And how do you translate that I said Trump is a "really nice guy"? At best, that's merely a ridiculous exaggeration. Or, if we use your standard for calling some things Trump said lies, then what you said here could be considered a lie.

And I don't know what your "wanting it both ways" thing is about. I don't dare "translate" it.

like this Thread is it an invading army or is it a caravan of people escaping hardships ... it's clearly not equally both ...
A caravan of thousands of people intending to illegally cross a border can absolutely be considered an invasion. Invasions are not just done by armies. You can invade someone's privacy. You can invade my space. And it can be an invasion even if it is done by those fleeing hardships. The two things can clearly be "equally both."

And if your claiming that they are escaping hardships, that is not enough to justify asylum.

And in the two videos that I posted of reporters who actually mingled with the caravanners, they found that it was not mostly women and children, but estimated to be about 5% women and children and about 95% men. And that photo-ops were selected by having mostly women and children pose, giving the appearance that that's what constituted the caravan. But, of course, those reporters were just lying. Of course.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #42
wdmso

FYI

current us troops in Afghanistan

US: 14,000

on the border

The deployment, known as Operation Faithful Patriot, will swell the number of military personnel on the border to 7,300 — adding to the 2,100 National Guardsmen who joined thousands of Border agents in April.

Once stationed, the 7,200 troops at the border will equal the number in Iraq and Syria combined.

400 migrants of the Central American migrant caravan arrived in Tijuana Nov. 13, 2018.

and guess how many showed up to confront this invasion

12 border agents several ATVs a few trucks and 1 helicopter
Old 11-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
FYI

current us troops in Afghanistan

US: 14,000

on the border

The deployment, known as Operation Faithful Patriot, will swell the number of military personnel on the border to 7,300 — adding to the 2,100 National Guardsmen who joined thousands of Border agents in April.

Once stationed, the 7,200 troops at the border will equal the number in Iraq and Syria combined.

400 migrants of the Central American migrant caravan arrived in Tijuana Nov. 13, 2018.

and guess how many showed up to confront this invasion

12 border agents several ATVs a few trucks and 1 helicopter
Arrived on Nov. 13? Weren't we told that it was several weeks before they'd get here? Fake news?

Glad to see we're as serious about protecting our borders at least as we are about protecting other countries.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #44
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Arrived on Nov. 13? Weren't we told that it was several weeks before they'd get here? Fake news?

Glad to see we're as serious about protecting our borders at least as we are about protecting other countries.
The number that’s arriving was also supposed to be thousands strong wasn’t it? Fake news?

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #45
Sea Dangles

This is a different caravan. Probably more asylum seekers.🤷🏽#^&♂️
Old 11-17-2018, 09:27 AM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
The number that’s arriving was also supposed to be thousands strong wasn’t it? Fake news?
Were told that there's thousands more still on the way. But they're not all in one batch. It would be good if this first batch found it difficult to get what they want. That might discourage more.

But if this is going to be a continuous problem, would it not be better if we do the stitch in time thing and seriously stop it now rather than always play politics and keep it going?
Old 11-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #47
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Were told that there's thousands more still on the way. But they're not all in one batch. It would be good if this first batch found it difficult to get what they want. That might discourage more.

But if this is going to be a continuous problem, would it not be better if we do the stitch in time thing and seriously stop it now rather than always play politics and keep it going?
Look, I’m no bigger a fan of illegal immigration than the next person, but asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants, they’re using a legal process to seek asylum in this country.

Until we say we’re not going to allow that process to continue as written, then I don’t see a problem with a caravan of people marching across Montreal never mind all of Central America to follow that process and escape whatever they’re trying to escape.

The fact that people can abuse the asylum process is a legal issue, not an illegal one.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:

The fact that people can abuse the asylum process is a legal issue, not an illegal one.

huh???
Old 11-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Look, I’m no bigger a fan of illegal immigration than the next person, but asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants, they’re using a legal process to seek asylum in this country.

Until we say we’re not going to allow that process to continue as written, then I don’t see a problem with a caravan of people marching across Montreal never mind all of Central America to follow that process and escape whatever they’re trying to escape.

First, the legal process does not give the seekers the option to choose which country they wish to go. The legal process requires asylum seekers to apply for it in the first country whose border they cross. That would be Mexico. It would be up to Mexico if they qualify for asylum.

Second, seeking better economic conditions is not a legal requisite for asylum.

Most of the immigrants that have been interviewed while traveling in the caravan say they’re doing it to make a better life. But they have been coached on what to say when they get to the border. So they will not say what they’ve candidly admitted to interviewers while traveling. If they are properly and effectively vetted, and they should have documents proving who they are and from whence they came, it can be decided at that point if they qualify. In most instances, they probably won’t have proper documentation with them.

And they must present themselves at a proper port of entry. The notion that they can come in mass numbers and bull rush the border, and claim asylum if and when they're caught, is not part of the legal process.

In any case, they are already outside of the legal framework. So they are not following the legal process as written. We are not legally required to accept them. We can do so, but if we do accept a significant number of them, we just encourage the continuation of large numbers of them coming here for a better life at our expense, and illegally

Last edited by detbuch; 11-17-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 11-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
First, the legal process does not give the seekers the option to choose which country they wish to go. The legal process requires asylum seekers to apply for it in the first country whose border they cross. That would be Mexico. It would be up to Mexico if they qualify for asylum.

[COLOR="Red"]Not true A person may request asylum in any country outside their own; there is no obligation for an individual to claim asylum in the first country they reach. the “first country of asylum” principle refers to the expectation that countries should accept asylum seekers fleeing their neighboring countries. In the European Union, /COLOR]

We are not legally required to accept them. again not true An asylum seeker is entitled to stay in the country of asylum and have their claim heard. Host governments cannot force asylum seekers to return to a country where they fear persecution. can do so, but if we do accept a significant number of them, we just encourage the continuation of large numbers of them coming here for a better life at our expense, and illegally another untrue statement
dont confuse talking points with the law
Old 11-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #51
Sea Dangles

Again Wayne, you are uninformed.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
dont confuse talking points with the law
https://www.thenational.ae/world/eur...court-1.614521

https://cis.org/Cadman/Why-Shouldnt-...-Asylum-Mexico
Old 11-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Now since it fits your argument, EU court decisions apply here
Wishful thinking perhaps

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now since it fits your argument, EU court decisions apply here
Wishful thinking perhaps
EU Court decisions have to fit the UN convention, ergo they can fit all the other parties to the convention.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
EU Court decisions have to fit the UN convention, ergo they can fit all the other parties to the convention.
Are you claiming that for all cases?
Warning could be a trick question

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Are you claiming that for all cases?
Warning could be a trick question
If you know the answer to your question, why ask it? Just inform me. I'm not Professor Irwin Corey.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #57
wdmso

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.

What a surprise .... Trump supporters duped again .... and again they won't say a word
Old 11-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.

What a surprise .... Trump supporters duped again .... and again they won't say a word
a word
Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
a word
I remember a time not that long ago when conservatives would go berserk if anyone disrespected the troops let along openly denegrate them. What happened to those people?
Old 11-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #60
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I remember a time not that long ago when conservatives would go berserk if anyone disrespected the troops let along openly denegrate them. What happened to those people?
all of those horrible things you've been saying about conservatives all these years must be true I guess