Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, he had a chance and didn't do it in his first two years. That was disappointing. Then congress flipped and it was basically off the table. Obama was far from perfect. There are many things he did I disagree with. I wish at times things were done in a more bi-partisan way, but with Mitch McConnells sole goal to make him a one-term president, not much was going to get done.

There is a difference between not getting a campaign promise done and a lie.

Trump lies, daily. He lies about the wall. He lies about the funding for the wall. He lies about improvements in the wall, which was basically the same process the last two administrations have done. He lies about 10 terrorists, he lies about Saudi Arabia.

See the difference?
OMG, when you started listing his lies, I was thinking; I don't have time to read all of them I have work to do. He lied about China buying soybeans again to appease the media and farmers, he and Pompeo lie when they say there is no conclusive evidence the Saudi leader ordered the killing, he and his lap dogs lie to make their claims work in Trumps head and to the state news at Fox. Although I have to give congrats to Fox actually asking Pompeo the hard questions about MBS and his involvement.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #32
wdmso

You can keep your doctor that's republicans favorite Obama lie

Yet millions never lost their doctors true some did .... but now they play verbal gymnastics, when it comes to Trump lies they even have changed the definition of lie

He has no equal in the lies department.. he is the undisputed champion
Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #33
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Yet millions never lost their doctors true some did .... but now they play verbal gymnastics, when it comes to Trump lies they even have changed the definition of lie

Alternative facts man... ALTERNATIVE FACKTZ!!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:

And if Obama said "most of you can keep your doctor or your plan", that would be the end o fit. Obamacare was sold as a plan where we could keep our doctor, and where the average family would save $2500 a year. But it's wrong (and probably racist) for conservatives to bring that up.

We're playing "verbal gymnasitics" when we claim that Obamacare fell short. Incredible.

liberal=good, conservative=bad, always, zero exceptions.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if Obama said "most of you can keep your doctor or your plan", that would be the end o fit. Obamacare was sold as a plan where we could keep our doctor, and where the average family would save $2500 a year. But it's wrong (and probably racist) for conservatives to bring that up.

We're playing "verbal gymnasitics" when we claim that Obamacare fell short. Incredible.

It a lie, only if he knew when he said it

falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above

So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not hard based on actual things he has said and fact checked

However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts and the enemy of the people the press . Or any information that shows the in a negtive light funny way to .MAGA
Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #36
Nebe

Quote:

Again with the BUT OBAMA!!!!

So juvenile.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Again with the BUT OBAMA!!!!

So juvenile.
In which pointing out naked hypocrisy, is juvenile.

I'm just hoping for some consistency, that's all.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #38
Nebe

Quote:
In which pointing out naked hypocrisy, is juvenile.

I'm just hoping for some consistency, that's all.
Imagine you have 2 kids. You point out something one kid did wrong and he says while pointing at his sibling. “ but he did it too!!!”

That is juvenile.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
It a lie, only if he knew when he said it

falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above

So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not hard based on actual things he has said and fact checked

However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts and the enemy of the people the press . Or any information that shows the in a negtive light funny way to .MAGA
"falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above "

Agreed, I don't think I said Obama lied. He was very, very wrong about what he said the impacts of Obamacare would be. He was also very, very wrong about the benefits of his stimulus (he said it would keep unemployment below 8%, instead it went over 10%).

I don't think he intentionally lied. I just think he's wrong a lot.

"So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not "

You/re right, it's easy. Yes, Trump is a liar. That doesn't mean he lied about the wall, unless you are saying that Trump is incapable of telling the truth. Trump doesn't lie every time he moves his mouth. We don't know if he actually thought he could get Mexico to pay for the wall. How could you possibly know, that he didn't actually believe it when he said it?

"However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts "

I can easily go tit for tat with you, telling you all the times that liberals explicitly lied for political gain. And if honesty was so important, why did your side nominate someone who said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia or wherever?

"enemy of the people the press "

If the press is deliberately slanting reporting to serve a political agenda, I agree with Trump. They aren't a lethal, mortal enemy like ISIS, but they are an enemy. Capable of doing massive damage. The press, in my opinion, has betrayed the trust we give them, betrayed the constitutional protections they enjoy. And not just the liberal press, some at Fox are just as guilty. Almost none are honest.

"Or any information that shows the in a negtive light "

Not me. I can easily admit when he's being an azz.

Sorry for being guilty of whaboutism again, but I posted video of Obama blaming Republicans for preventing him from doing immigration reform, when democrats controlled both chambers of Congress. But you are OK with that, because you don't like Republicans. It only bothers you when Republicans do the same thing.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Imagine you have 2 kids. You point out something one kid did wrong and he says while pointing at his sibling. “ but he did it too!!!”

That is juvenile.
No. Your analogy is flawed, like almost everything you post.

If I choose not to punish one kid for hitting his brother, but I punish the other kid for hitting his brother back, then I'm guilty of hypocrisy and I deserve to be criticized for it.

I am not pointing to Obama to excuse Trump's behavior, I cannot possibly fathom how you could think that. I point to it, because you and your fellow liberal ilk said nothing when Obama did some of these same exact things, but you go berserk when Trump does it.

Let me go very slow for you. I am not pointing to Obama, to excuse Trump's behavior. I point to Obama, to show clearly that your side gave him a pass for doing some of the same exact things, for which you attack Trump. Is that going too fast for you?

It's not me being juvenile. It's you not following a point that my 12 year-old would get.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #41
Nebe

Nothing Obama did equals wht trump has done. Nothing....

Zero scandals. Zero.......unless you count saluting a marine on air force 2 while holding a cup of coffee.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #42
spence

Quote:

Zero scandals. Zero.......unless you count saluting a marine on air force 2 while holding a cup of coffee.
And the tan suit.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:

wow, zero scandals...making fun of special olympians, using the irs as a weapon against conservatives, benghazi, fast & furious. trampling on the rights of christians and catholics...

he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump. but your side is still holding trump to very, very different standards than you held obama to.

the us government gave weapons to mexican drug dealers. but that wasn’t a scandal, no sir.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-12-2018 at 07:42 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
wow, zero scandals...making fun of special olympians, using the irs as a weapon against conservatives, benghazi, fast & furious. trampling on the rights of christians and catholics...

he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump. but your side is still holding trump to very, very different standards than you held obama to.

the us government gave weapons to mexican drug dealers. but that wasn’t a scandal, no sir.
This is the problem, you’re completely dillusional. Apples and bricks are the same. Good lord.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:29 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is the problem, you’re completely dillusional. Apples and bricks are the same. Good lord.
well i’m shocked. i kicked your azz, and instead
admitting there’s hypocrisy, you lob insults.

any chance you can ever try to support you insults? i asked nebe and pete multiple
times why i’m a fascist, they won’t answer.

i support what i say soence. when i call you a glaring, obvious, naked hypocrite, i point to very specific examples. your response is to say i’m delusional, with zero evidence.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:21 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:

Benghazi was a manufactured scandal by the right... Niger four American soldiers lost their lives — (no outrage from the right)

making fun of special olympians

Obama Apologizes for Calling His Bad Bowling 'Like the Special Olympics' (in the context of a bad joke )

Donald Trump’s Worst Mocking Disabled Reporter
Trump insisted, “I didn’t know what he looked like. I didn’t know he was disabled."Trump has denied that he meant to mock the reporter, Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition affecting the joints.

context used his name failing about attacking the article with a name
some apology

using the irs as a weapon against conservatives

But the russian investigation is a witch hunt??/

us government gave weapons to mexican drug dealers.
funny 2006- 2011 was only an issue with Obama ?

unwalking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which ran a series of sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5]

trampling on the rights of christians and catholics...

mandating health-insurance policies should cover birth-control services for women, really that's your attack christians and catholics...

holding trump to very, very different standards than you held obama to.

thats clearly you hold Trump to very different standard then you held Obama.. your past posts and present are a clear window in to that world ...he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump.. does not equal objectivity

let me be clear even a good economy isn't enough,, there is nothing good Trump could do besides resign from office that could make up for the damage he has inflicted on the Nation our world standing our institutions our environment and the office of the POTUS will take decades to get the trust back if ever

the above is not imaginary its based on Trumps words and actions ..
Old 12-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #47
scottw

the chasm is deep.....
Old 12-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #48
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Benghazi was a manufactured scandal by the right... Niger four American soldiers lost their lives — (no outrage from the right)

Obama Apologizes for Calling His Bad Bowling 'Like the Special Olympics' (in the context of a bad joke )

Trump insisted, “I didn’t know what he looked like. I didn’t know he was disabled."Trump has denied that he meant to mock the reporter, Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition affecting the joints.

some apology

unwalking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which ran a series of sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5]

mandating health-insurance policies should cover birth-control services for women, really that's your attack christians and catholics...

thats clearly you hold Trump to very different standard then you held Obama.. your past posts and present are a clear window in to that world ...he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump.. does not equal objectivity

let me be clear even a good economy isn't enough,, there is nothing good Trump could do besides resign from office that could make up for the damage he has inflicted on the Nation our world standing our institutions our environment and the office of the POTUS will take decades to get the trust back if ever

It is actually pretty funny how we look at things depending on where we stand politically. While there are some folks who say we can not recover from Trump and the impact his actions have upon our standing in the world,there are just as many that felt the same way about Obama and some of the foolishness that the country endured under his leadership. If nothing else,Trump has effectively demonstrated that stupid decisions and policies are easy to reverse. Some of these incessantly whining liberals have to learn to just shut up and roll with these changes while gaining an understanding that we get the government we deserve. As long as we have guys like Wayne,whose daily mission is to wake up and literally cry because he is butt hurt, then we will be reminded as to why and how we got here.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:

some apology

benghazi- other western nations and the red cross had pulled out, they saw the danger. Stephens has asked
multiple times for security which was denied. The fight lasted 13 hours and no help came. then the administration repeatedly blamed an american citizen for making a video.

which of those points did i manufacture?

why do you claim i said the russianinvestigation is a witch hunt? can you read? seriously, do you know how to read? i’ve said many times that there should be an investigation, and if he did anything wrong he should face it. is that going too fast for you? does that sound like i’m painting the investigation as a witch hunt?

Oh, obama apologizes for making fun of special olympians, which to you, meansnit never happened? so a scandal isn’t a scandal if the person apologized? wdmso, that makes all kinds of sense

on obamacare and christianity, you shouldnget some facts. the supreme court ruled that obamacare trampled on the religious beliefs of christians. these business owners were willing to provide birth control when there’s a legitimate health need ( many women have real health needs for the pill), they did not want to be forced to provide pills that are designed to be abortion-producing. the court, not me, said it was unconstitutional.

what damage has trump done, which can only be fixed by resigning? please benspecific...sires he’s a morally bankrupt reptile, so was bill clinton. just because you really reallly dislike him? i really really disliked obama, but i gave him credit when it was due, and i counted the days. i didn’t surrender my sanity like you guys.

i have no issue with the trump scandals you listed, though i don’t know why they are pertinent. i admit trump had many scandals. the point i was making, was a response to someone who said that obama had no scandals. clearly he did, and you cannot refute that by pointing to someone else’s scandals.

you say it’s not a scandal if one apologizes. unreal.

i listed obamas scandals to show his term was not scandal free, and you can’t help but go on an anti trump diatribe. you’re completely obsessed. two more years probably, hang in there.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-13-2018 at 07:35 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 07:35 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the chasm is deep.....
deep and deranged.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:

some apology

"he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump.. does not equal objectivity "

What does equal objectivity, is my well-established pattern of saying good and bad things about both Trump and Obama, and usually not always) supporting my statements with actual events and results.

"clearly you hold Trump to very different standard then you held Obama.. "

We would all just love to see you explain that a bit further. I am frequently critical of Trump, deeply critical. But I'm rational when I do it, that's the difference between us. You and your fellow world travelers here, you cannot handle criticism of Obama, and you cannot handle praise of Trump. It's literally more than you can process.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-13-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
"he’s not anywhere near as gross as trump.. does not equal objectivity "

I hold them to the same standards Trump has no standards hence

What does equal objectivity, is my well-established pattern of saying good and bad things about both Trump and Obama, and usually not always) supporting my statements with actual events and results.

"clearly you hold Trump to very different standard then you held Obama.. "

We would all just love to see you explain that a bit further. I am frequently critical of Trump, deeply critical. But I'm rational when I do it, that's the difference between us. You and your fellow world travelers here, you cannot handle criticism of Obama, and you cannot handle praise of Trump. It's literally more than you can process.
I hold them to the same standards Trump has no standards .. but again you see similarities in their behaviors.. when they are not even comparable

Finding praise in Trumps is like convincing yourself that even pedophiles deserve praise for anything seen as positive . not involving the original crime

He is beyond salvation he already dug his hole with his own hands and lips and he’s got 2 more years of digging

Last edited by wdmso; 12-13-2018 at 03:28 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #53
wdmso

Jim here’s a hypothetical
Since the election take every news story the Russian investigation all the guilty pleas the lies and even his tax returns stormy and replace Trump with Obama. In his 1st year in office ... I highly doubt your responses would even be what they are now.... but my response wouldn’t change Because it’s not about the man it never has been
Old 12-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Since the election take every news story the Russian investigation all the guilty pleas the lies and even his tax returns stormy and replace Trump with Obama. In his 1st year in office ... I highly doubt your responses would even be what they are now.... but my response wouldn’t change Because it’s not about the man it never has been
Your assuming a whole lot without any basis for your assumptions.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
i think it’s clear that i praise them both when they do good, and criticize both when they deserve it.

trump is as irredeemable as a pedophile? seriously? wow.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 AM   #56
wdmso

Quote:
i think it’s clear that i praise them both when they do good, and criticize both when they deserve it.

trump is as irredeemable as a pedophile? seriously? wow.
no just an extreme example.. but if was you would praise him if he gave you what you want.. that's all
Old 12-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #57
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It is actually pretty funny how we look at things depending on where we stand politically. While there are some folks who say we can not recover from Trump and the impact his actions have upon our standing in the world,there are just as many that felt the same way about Obama and some of the foolishness that the country endured under his leadership. If nothing else,Trump has effectively demonstrated that stupid decisions and policies are easy to reverse. Some of these incessantly whining liberals have to learn to just shut up and roll with these changes while gaining an understanding that we get the government we deserve. As long as we have guys like Wayne,whose daily mission is to wake up and literally cry because he is butt hurt, then we will be reminded as to why and how we got here.
yep many felt that way about obama for very different reasons .. No we the government we deserve when individuals like yourself would rather throw stuff from the peanut gallery. and see no evil speak no evil hear no evil .. then actually pay attention
Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
no just an extreme example.. but if was you would praise him if he gave you what you want.. that's all
I would praise him if he helped the country, and call for his execution is he was a pedophile.

Since you think it's wrong to praise Trump when he helps people, can I ask what you are doing with your extra take-home py thanks to his tax cuts? I hope you're not using it or enjoying it, because based on your own logic, that's evil money. Can we all assume you're burning it?

I bought a camper with my extra take-home pay. My family spent 31 nights in that thing this year, and every one of them was magical. And it would likely not have happened if not for Trump and the GOP.

I can be thankful for that, and still bash him for being the morally bankrupt reptile that he is.

We COULD have had a nice guy with the same beliefs, but your side told everyone that McCain was a senile old racist, and that Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hates women. So please tell us, exactly when did the democrats decide they wanted a GOP candidate who had integrity? Because they were merciless with McCain and Romney.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
yep many felt that way about obama for very different reasons .. No we the government we deserve when individuals like yourself would rather throw stuff from the peanut gallery. and see no evil speak no evil hear no evil .. then actually pay attention
"many felt that way about obama for very different reasons "

The conservative opposition to Obama was nothing like this. Where were the riots? The right responded by getting right to work and forming the tea party. And it worked. No riots. There was no large scale right-wing equivalent to Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter or Antifa. None.

The entire media was absolutely in the tank for Obama except for one TV station, which 1% of the country watches on a good night, and liberals act like it's an Orwellian thing. One percent.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:37 AM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
"many felt that way about obama for very different reasons "

The conservative opposition to Obama was nothing like this. Where were the riots? The right responded by getting right to work and forming the tea party. And it worked. No riots. There was no large scale right-wing equivalent to Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter or Antifa. None.

The entire media was absolutely in the tank for Obama except for one TV station, which 1% of the country watches on a good night, and liberals act like it's an Orwellian thing. One percent.
Your right it was nothing like this. It was all the most petty stuff - he wore a brown suit in the oval office (I think one senator called it treason) and he saluted w/a coffee cup in his other hand. A lot was based on out right lies - ie his country, his religion, etc. Made up scandals that had nothing at all to do with him - IRS.

We talked about this a few times - Antifa has NOTHING at all to do with the Dems. but bc Neo Nazis praise Trump you try to come up with a Dem. equivalant.

Let's not forget that studies have shown that Fox news watchers actually know less about news than people who don't watch any news at all. Also, their ees actually get on stage at his rallies and promote him. Pointing out the daily (hourly?) lies is not being in the tank for someone. Pointing out how the Repub. have changed on the evironment or foreigh policy or trade is not being in the tank for someone.

Let's hear more but but Obama. Remember when if anyone said that about Bush the rightys panty's got all bunched up.