Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So you were not pleased when the remains of servicemen were finally brought home to be laid to rest ?

Too much eggnog for you today as you hit submit after a 1st grader stole your laptop.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Clearly you see that as something special Trump did ...

I saw it for is was the duty of any POTUS to bring all service members if they can do so .. it wasn't special

So yes a positive outcome for Trumps Image ...and closure from those family's but since then he has done little to improve his image or his admistration which has a revolving door
Old 12-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Objectively you repeat the standard Trumplican lie about minority unemployment every time.
The data shows that unemployment continued to fall under Trump albeit at a slightly lower rate than under Obama. I would expect that given how low it is.
It will be interesting in the next two years to see what happens as the real Trump economy shows it’s colors.
oh it’s a lie that black unemployment is lower than ever?

you disprove that, by saying that black u employment started decreasing under obama. i never denied that. BUT ITS LOWER NOW, UNDER TRUMP. is that a lie, or is it true?
Old 12-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
oh it’s a lie that black unemployment is lower than ever?

you disprove that, by saying that black u employment started decreasing under obama. i never denied that. BUT ITS LOWER NOW, UNDER TRUMP. is that a lie, or is it true?
It’s not a lie but it’s nothing as amazing as you and the rest of the Trumplicans have claimed to have a continuation of what happened to a far greater extent over the previous 6 years when Trump continually claimed the numbers were fake.
Funny that now they are not only real but worthy of braggadocio.
Pretty soon we’ll be in the Trump economy, but I’m sure any failures will be others fault.
I’ll just sit and watch you, while doing my Mike Pence imitation.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s not a lie but it’s nothing as amazing as you and the rest of the Trumplicans have claimed to have a continuation of what happened to a far greater extent over the previous 6 years when Trump continually claimed the numbers were fake.
Funny that now they are not only real but worthy of braggadocio.
Pretty soon we’ll be in the Trump economy, but I’m sure any failures will be others fault.
I’ll just sit and watch you, while doing my Mike Pence imitation.
ten seconds ago you said it was a lie. it’s mathematical fact. you just hate it. tough cookies.

and obamas killing of bi. laden was a continuation of many policies that bush put in place. but i give obama much credit. try it, try being rational and fair. you won’t die.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
ten seconds ago you said it was a lie. it’s mathematical fact. you just hate it. tough cookies.

and obamas killing of bi. laden was a continuation of many policies that bush put in place. but i give obama much credit. try it, try being rational and fair. you won’t die.
Keep believing
The spin is BS, at best an exaggeration
Remember Trump said the numbers are fake, unemployment is actually much higher.
Remember all the Democrats sat and therefore Republicans like minoritys more or should be liked more by minoritys
Meanwhile Trump alienates all but his base at best, 40% of the electorate
Keep thinking Individual #1 has your best interests at heart.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
Keep believing
The spin is BS, at best an exaggeration
Remember Trump said the numbers are fake, unemployment is actually much higher.
Remember all the Democrats sat and therefore Republicans like minoritys more or should be liked more by minoritys
Meanwhile Trump alienates all but his base at best, 40% of the electorate
Keep thinking Individual #1 has your best interests at heart.

This is gibberish.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #97
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Clearly you see that as something special Trump did ...

I saw it for is was the duty of any POTUS to bring all service members if they can do so .. it wasn't special

So yes a positive outcome for Trumps Image ...and closure from those family's but since then he has done little to improve his image or his admistration which has a revolving door
I was pleased Trump was able to bring them home. This has nothing to do with image. My guess is that there were many families and colleagues who thought it was special. But when you said you were waiting for positive action I thought this action would qualify. Would you put this action above or below trading prisoners for Bowe Bergdahl?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-17-2018, 07:52 AM   #98
wdmso

Quote:
I was pleased Trump was able to bring them home. This has nothing to do with image. My guess is that there were many families and colleagues who thought it was special. But when you said you were waiting for positive action I thought this action would qualify. Would you put this action above or below trading prisoners for Bowe Bergdahl?
As i said its the duty of any sitting POTUS to bring any service member home dead or alive ...

We leave no one behind... even Bowe Bergdahl? who was court martial and dishonorably discharged...

Found this relevant

Mr. Trump’s comments may have contributed to the decision not to sentence him to prison. After Mr. Trump seemed last month to endorse his harsh criticism from the campaign trail, Colonel Nance ruled that he would consider the comments as mitigating evidence at sentencing. some military law experts said, on the grounds that the president had unlawfully influenced the case.

if i could only believe Trump is driven by doing the right thing in what he does ...

But 99% of what he does and say's is for image ... that's his character..

all former POTUS have done and said things for image but clearly they never saw it as a way to govern as Trump see it and uses it...
Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #99
Sea Dangles

Quote:
As i said its the duty of any sitting POTUS to bring any service member home dead or alive ...

We leave no one behind... even Bowe Bergdahl? who was court martial and dishonorably discharged
Found this relevant

Mr. Trump’s comments may have contributed to the decision not to sentence him to prison. After Mr. Trump seemed last month to endorse his harsh criticism from the campaign trail, Colonel Nance ruled that he would consider the comments as mitigating evidence at sentencing. some military law experts said, on the grounds that the president had unlawfully influenced the case.

if i could only believe Trump is driven by doing the right thing in what he does ...

But 99% of what he does and say's is for image ... that's his character..

all former POTUS have done and said things for image but clearly they never saw it as a way to govern as Trump see it and uses it...
So he was able to accomplish something that his predecessors could not get done. You,as is par for the course,fail to recognize that as something positive, despite the fact it heals the nation and certainly the families directly involved. No surprise here as you have an agenda to uphold. Party blind as usual. To think that you put this on the same table as negotiating with terrorists says a lot about your intellectual integrity.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
So he was able to accomplish something that his predecessors could not get done. You,as is par for the course,fail to recognize that as something positive, despite the fact it heals the nation and certainly the families directly involved. No surprise here as you have an agenda to uphold. Party blind as usual.
Bingo. Trump could save babies from a burning building (not that I'd expect that he'd do that), and they wouldn't give him credit. They can't, they just can't.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Bingo. Trump could save babies from a burning building (not that I'd expect that he'd do that), and they wouldn't give him credit. They can't, they just can't.
Poor Trumplicans, abused by everyone.
You reap, what you sow.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
Poor Trumplicans, abused by everyone.
You reap, what you sow.
Your conception of reaping is very narrow. We are reaping the fruits of the Progressive attack on the Constitution, as was warned many times. But the grab of power was far more important to them than any consequences to them and the rest of us. So now we are reaping unsustainable debt, identity politics, creation of dozens and a growing number of non-biological genders, unchecked federal power, weakening of the middle class, loss of individual rights, loss of local and state sovereignty as well as a direction of losing our nation's sovereignty to a world order, among several other things . . . including Donald Trump.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Your conception of reaping is very narrow. We are reaping the fruits of the Progressive attack on the Constitution, as was warned many times. But the grab of power was far more important to them than any consequences to them and the rest of us. So now we are reaping unsustainable debt, identity politics, creation of dozens and a growing number of non-biological genders, unchecked federal power, weakening of the middle class, loss of individual rights, loss of local and state sovereignty as well as a direction of losing our nation's sovereignty to a world order, among several other things . . . including Donald Trump.
What I think Jim was commenting on was Trumps treatment in or by the media.
Where did you get the Progressive tangent from in that?
I would claim that Trump is the result of failed neo-liberal policies, myself.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
What I think Jim was commenting on was Trumps treatment in or by the media.
Where did you get the Progressive tangent from in that?

When you said (or implied--hard to get definitive about vague comments) that "Trumplicans" reap what they sow, I replied that your conception of reaping was very narrow (i.e. Trump and his treatment of and by the media). Trump is but a tail end of what we're reaping by the Progressive transformation of our system of government from a limited central government to a fairly unstoppable one. The "reaping" is much wider and deeper than Trump and his media squabbles.

I would claim that Trump is the result of failed neo-liberal policies, myself.
We do agree on that but not merely because of failed policies. Actually successful policies have also, and more so, changed this country in ways that led to the Trump "backlash." But that would require a real, in depth discussion, not back and forth, superficial, quips.

And the moniker "neo-liberal" does not deserve the "liberal" portion. Neo-authoritarian would be far more appropriate.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #105
wdmso

Quote:
So he was able to accomplish something that his predecessors could not get done. You,as is par for the course,fail to recognize that as something positive, despite the fact it heals the nation and certainly the families directly involved. No surprise here as you have an agenda to uphold. Party blind as usual. To think that you put this on the same table as negotiating with terrorists says a lot about your intellectual integrity.
when your argument is .. I have agenda to uphold what's yours insults and drive by's ?

I said it was not special .. it did give closure for those family's

unlike you I judge him on the totality of his actions not the one time he did something positive..

"To think that you put this on the same table as negotiating with terrorists says a lot about your intellectual integrity."

Seem you forgot who Trump went to visit in North korea and negotiated with to have those remains returned and you what does that say about your your intellectual integrity."

funny I saw it as POTUS duty to get thoses men home .. you see it ok for Trump to deal with Kim but Not Obama with the taliban to get an american home ... ???

U.S. Officials Meet With Taliban Again as Trump Pushes Afghan Peace Process OMG say it ain't so!!! Trump negotiates with terrorist
Old 12-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #106
Sea Dangles

Quote:
when your argument is .. I have agenda to uphold what's yours insults and drive by's ?

I said it was not special .. it did give closure for those family's

unlike you I judge him on the totality of his actions not the one time he did something positive..

"To think that you put this on the same table as negotiating with terrorists says a lot about your intellectual integrity."

Seem you forgot who Trump went to visit in North korea and negotiated with to have those remains returned and you what does that say about your your intellectual integrity."

funny I saw it as POTUS duty to get thoses men home .. you see it ok for Trump to deal with Kim but Not Obama with the taliban to get an american home ... ???

U.S. Officials Meet With Taliban Again as Trump Pushes Afghan Peace Process OMG say it ain't so!!! Trump negotiates with terrorist
When you said you would be on the lookout for his positive actions I thought pointing out a positive action might be a good reminder. Instead of conceding this was a positive action you decided to say it was his duty. If Obama had done this the left would have given him the Nobel peace prize. Can it not be both his duty as well as a positive action given the fact it had been close to 50 years and none of his predecessors had fulfilled their “duty”?
The fact you characterize a deserter in the same breath as those who made the ultimate sacrifice says a mouthful about your personal integrity. Truly disgraceful.

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 12-17-2018 at 02:09 PM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
You reap, what you sow.
HW Bush deserved to be called a wimp and an adulterer? McCain deserved to be called a senile old racist? Romney deserved to be called a sexist?

Trump is an example of YOU reaping what YOU sow.

He's not a victim. Maybe you hadn't heard, but he won the election.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
unlike you I judge him on the totality of his actions
What's the most complimentary thing you've said about him thus far? That he's Hitler?
Old 12-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
You reap, what you sow.
So how do you explain the fact that the GOP controls the white house, the senate, and a majority of state legislatures and governorships?

Is this your side, reaping what they sow? Or does that phrase only apply to the GOP when they lose, not to democrats?
Old 12-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So how do you explain the fact that the GOP controls the white house, the senate, and a majority of state legislatures and governorships?

Is this your side, reaping what they sow? Or does that phrase only apply to the GOP when they lose, not to democrats?
Sometimes you get lucky. Republicans received far less than half of the votes cast in the midterms. Demographics are looking down for the Trumplican base. It won't hold long term, fear-mongering and division is not a way to grow a party. But your feckless leader doesn't care, since he will no longer be in office.

It applies when Trump and Trumplicans complain about their mistreatment from the many Trump has abused since he started his campaign.
Trump has been calling the media fake, anytime he did not like their coverage, since he started his campaign. Yet he expects to have them celebrate his exaggerated accomplishments without ever questioning them. As I have said many times he already praises himself more than he deserves, the man gave himself a grade higher than A+.
If you honestly think that Trump has done anything to ensure the long term viability of the Republican party, you spend too much time watching right wing media. He serves his base and does nothing to expand it.
Just look how wonderful Stephen Miller did yesterday, he is one of the least empathetic people I have ever seen, I can't believe they let him loose to speak in public. He is a living caricature of "hatred corrodes the container it is carried in".

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #111
wdmso

Quote:
The fact you characterize a deserter in the same breath as those who made the ultimate sacrifice says a mouthful about your personal integrity. Truly disgraceful.

Unlike you I don't pick and choose which Americans DESERVE TO COME HOME over others . What's it like to ride on such a high horse and to be so arrogant willing to Leave any American in the hands of an enemy . For 1 min no less 5 years

Some leader you would have made if you were ever in the service .. willing to leaving men behind and you speak of personal integrity. As if you know what it means

Ps

The U.S. Army has prosecuted about 1,900 cases of desertion since 2001, despite tens of thousands of soldiers fleeing the service in the face of deadly combat, long and multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan
Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #112
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Unlike you I don't pick and choose which Americans DESERVE TO COME HOME over others . What's it like to ride on such a high horse and to be so arrogant willing to Leave any American in the hands of an enemy . For 1 min no less 5 years

Some leader you would have made if you were ever in the service .. willing to leaving men behind and you speak of personal integrity. As if you know what it means

Ps

The U.S. Army has prosecuted about 1,900 cases of desertion since 2001, despite tens of thousands of soldiers fleeing the service in the face of deadly combat, long and multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan
To compare the two is laughable. But nice try in your effort to once again change the narrative of the discussion to one you feign outrage over. Your head must be spinning as usual. We didn’t just bring him back as you know. I also don’t remember saying or even implying that we leave him. Where do you come up with this? Get back to our discussion and stop looking for bushes to hide in.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sometimes you get lucky. Republicans received far less than half of the votes cast in the midterms. Demographics are looking down for the Trumplican base. It won't hold long term, fear-mongering and division is not a way to grow a party. But your feckless leader doesn't care, since he will no longer be in office.

It applies when Trump and Trumplicans complain about their mistreatment from the many Trump has abused since he started his campaign.
Trump has been calling the media fake, anytime he did not like their coverage, since he started his campaign. Yet he expects to have them celebrate his exaggerated accomplishments without ever questioning them. As I have said many times he already praises himself more than he deserves, the man gave himself a grade higher than A+.
If you honestly think that Trump has done anything to ensure the long term viability of the Republican party, you spend too much time watching right wing media. He serves his base and does nothing to expand it.
Just look how wonderful Stephen Miller did yesterday, he is one of the least empathetic people I have ever seen, I can't believe they let him loose to speak in public. He is a living caricature of "hatred corrodes the container it is carried in".
i see! when your side wins, it’s just reaping what you sow. when my side wins, it’s not reaping what you sow, itsbthat ugly politics of division got lucky. in all those state races, in the senate seats that flipped for the gop, there’s no message there for you side, nope.

trump bashing also won’t work forever. democrats will need an agenda other than claiming that trump is genghis khan and that we need the dems to protect us from him.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump will destroy himself and the Trumplicans along with him.
Unfortunately they will take the Republican Party down with them
Old 12-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
The re-incarnation of Nostradamus speaks!! The Trumplicans will all be destroyed!! Sounds like a biblical prophecy.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
So far, the numbers are crystal clear, Trump hasn't done anywhere near as much damage to the GOP, as Obama did to the democrats, in his first two years. No comparison in terms of seats lost, not even close. When Obama left, the democrats held fewer federal and state offices, than at any time in decades. Obama pulverized the democrats all across the map, I wonder sometimes if he was a Republican plant

The collapse you are desperate for, may happen over time. Trump is very offensive and polarizing. But the collapse you clearly yearn for, hasn't happened after two years.

If Trump runs again in 2020, the dems may have a really good night. But it's always temporary, neither side holds power unilaterally for long. After the 2008 election, Obama was in the white house, and the democrats controlled the house, and had a filibuster proof majority on the senate. Politically speaking, it was the low point of my life. It lasted a very short while.

The two parties are having trouble nominating moderates with broad appeal.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #117
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are all Republicans Trumplicans in your eyes? Do you know how many people didn't vote for him in the primary? A lot.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #118
wdmso

Quote:
To compare the two is laughable. But nice try in your effort to once again change the narrative of the discussion to one you feign outrage over. Your head must be spinning as usual. We didn’t just bring him back as you know. I also don’t remember saying or even implying that we leave him. Where do you come up with this? Get back to our discussion and stop looking for bushes to hide in.
And I never compared him to the fallen .. you clearly. Have “ to compare the two is laughable “ so let’s get back discussions You brought the Korean remains into the conversation and bergdahl not I

So as I said it it the duty of any sitting potus to do whatever he can do to bring home any Americans home regardless if they died In combat or not .. it’s not debatable

All service members their families and the nation must have no doubts and have confidence that USA will do what’s required to bring every one home..

once home if actions of individuals were unlawful in the eyes of the UCMJ that’s when it gets resolved.

The perception of UCMJ violations should not delay attempts at repatriation ..

Clearly you feel it was wrong of Obama to make the deal for berghdal

But no issues with Trump dealing with Kim to have those remains returned

You made the comparison sacrifice good deal / deserter bad deal

It’s very clear
Old 12-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #119
Sea Dangles

Quote:
And I never compared him to the fallen .. you clearly. Have “ to compare the two is laughable “ so let’s get back discussions You brought the Korean remains into the conversation and bergdahl not I

So as I said it it the duty of any sitting potus to do whatever he can do to bring home any Americans home regardless if they died In combat or not .. it’s not debatable

All service members their families and the nation must have no doubts and have confidence that USA will do what’s required to bring every one home..

once home if actions of individuals were unlawful in the eyes of the UCMJ that’s when it gets resolved.

It’s very clear
This is a discussion where you said you were waiting for a positive action from Trump. I provided the example of bringing home our fallen servicemen ,which took many years as well as many administrations to accomplish. You trivialized it.....wonder why

Wrong party is my guess.

You proceeded by smearing the accomplishment by bringing NK into the discussion despite insisting it is our duty to bring home all of our men regardless. A dizzying display of partisanship. Yes we are obligated to bring them all back. Yes it was a bad deal to bring back this deserter,we lost 6 good men bringing back a soldier who turned his back on his comrades,such a shame. Compound this by trading a handful of bad guys in order to secure the release and it is a terrible deal.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #120
detbuch

Quote:

It’s very clear
I really want to stay out of your pissing match, but I didn't realize we sacrificed something to have the remains returned.

And, personally, I would rather we go get our captured soldier, using whatever force, "whatever he can do to bring home" as you put it, than to trade for some who have murdered us and let them be free to do so again.