Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.63 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2002, 03:26 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Thumbs up The Longest Thread in History

There is a competition amongst other people that use the same message board program as we do here at S-B. It started a couple days ago and for Grins & Giggles, I figured we could jump in too. Now there is no prize and I won't get a gold star on my forehead if we join in but I figured - Why Not?

Below are the rules that were put together by the guy who started this competition.

So do we have a chance of winning? Hell no! Some of these sites have more users than we do posts but I think we can be a little respectable

Quote:
A bit of fun, Longest Thread Competition (post #1)

I was thinking that we would have a bit of fun on out forums, and start a "Longest Thread Competition"

The idea is that you start a thread on your site called "The Longest Thread in History" like I have done here, and then try and make it longer than anyone else’s forums longest thread (if you know what I mean).

The topic of the thread is open to what anyone wants to talk about, for example we have played word games, asked random questions, discussed the weather, and just had a really good time.

I guess that because this is not going to be anything more than a bit of fun, we only need a few rules, but here they are:

1, The longest thread must be a new thread started when you enter the competition.
2, The thread must be named "The Longest Thread in History".
3, once you have started your thread, you must post a link to it here.
4, the competition starts as soon as you post your link.
5, You can talk about whatever you want but dont post short messages only like smilies or "k".
6, the competition ends in one month - 4th March 2002, (so you had better enter quick)

Now I fully admit that I've got a bit of a head start on you guys, but my forum is so small that it would be EASY for you guys to catch up with me, and just think of the appraisal when you over take the guy that started this competition.

Now after all, this is nothing more than a bit of fun, so there will be no prizes other than an announcement on my forum stated that you have won (I personally will not be entering the competition because I’ll be moderating it)

And remember, as they used to say on The Big Breakfast, "Don't phone in, it's just for fun".

On your marks, Get set, GO!!

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote