Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I vote

I'm fairly liberal, and tolerant
but I vote BSSB gets another time-out.....
having a rational discussion is one thing, being an ass is another.

all in favor?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I dont know, every post of his pretty much proves my point about the mindless anti-Bush wackos that elected Obama into office.
If you took the bssbs out of the equation, we'd be criticizing President McCain.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

No, because you'd still have the RIROCK's, NEBE's and Johnny D's...

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, because you'd still have the RIROCK's, NEBE's and Johnny D's...
I actually feel bad for you guys. There's nobody on our side of the fence that even comes close to his level of internet jackassery.

And don't be too sure about JohnnyD. If you watch him closely, you'll see that he has some very conservative views on things.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I actually feel bad for you guys. There's nobody on our side of the fence that even comes close to his level of internet jackassery.

And don't be too sure about JohnnyD. If you watch him closely, you'll see that he has some very conservative views on things.
Yup, JD's one of the good guys.
I vote BSSB stays, only because then I would be voted off the island next.

GO BRUINS!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
GO BRUINS!!!
We could, in the spirit of Old Time Hockey, put him in the penalty box for a few days.

But, I'm pretty confident that the jackassery is part having fun on his part and part turdiness.

Definitely a "yelling Fire in a crowded theater" approach...

Part Deaux

I put BSSB up there as the polar opposite of the beyond Free Republic types - Freepers

Last edited by JohnR; 04-16-2009 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: I wasn't done typing but I had to WORK

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
We could, in the spirit of Old Time Hockey, put him in the penalty box for a few days.
I'm puttin' on the foil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foilc.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	33349  

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
PaulS

He ain't so bad - I like some of the pictures he posts. But watch out for the capt. crunch character. I'm against banning folks. A little dressing down and artfull editing never hurt anyone though.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

The problem is, he devolved from having some good points to posting a bunch of stuff that is supposed to be funny, I guess, but is mostly inane drivel...
I guess banning is harsh, maybe just some edits or a time-out for a day or so when it gets silly

Bryan

Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman
Yup, JD's one of the good guys.
First off, thank you guys. You're very correct. I can be extremely conservative about some topics, welfare for one.

Second... Quick story: Two guys I fish with and I were talking politics the other day. The other two guys are definitely conservative. Now, by this point, you guys know my position about a lot of things. I make a comment about something and one of the guys goes "are you one of those liberals?" The other guy responds, "I like to think of JohnnyD as one of those people born and raised a liberal. JD is one of the most conservative liberals you'll meet. He just can't get away from those crazy liberal roots of his."

I had quite the laugh, mostly because of how accurate the assessment was without me telling him about my upbringing. Thought fishbones and buckman might enjoy that one.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I'm fairly liberal, and tolerant
but I vote BSSB gets another time-out.....
having a rational discussion is one thing, being an ass is another.

all in favor?

Last edited by JohnR; 04-17-2009 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Capt Crunch/BSSB WLB Manifesto removed

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

account deletion in 5...4...3...2...1....

Last edited by JohnR; 04-17-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: Capt Crunch/BSSB WLB Manifesto removed

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
fishbones

Wow, you're sad. At least you have the anonomous internet toughguy thing going for you.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Last edited by JohnR; 04-17-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: Capt Crunch/BSSB WLB Manifesto removed

Old 04-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #15
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

old

Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
fishbones

How can we miss you if you won't go away?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #17
JohnR

Captain Crunch / BSSB is done. When he registers another account, he'll be done. Maybe when he grows up he can come back.

BSSB/CC - This is not a democracy, this is an online community that shares a common interest - fishing. This little sub section here allows people to agree and disagree. Doesn't mean that people need to tolerate you acting like a Whiney Little Child.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #18
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
First off, thank you guys. You're very correct. I can be extremely conservative about some topics, welfare for one.

Second... Quick story: Two guys I fish with and I were talking politics the other day. The other two guys are definitely conservative. Now, by this point, you guys know my position about a lot of things. I make a comment about something and one of the guys goes "are you one of those liberals?" The other guy responds, "I like to think of JohnnyD as one of those people born and raised a liberal. JD is one of the most conservative liberals you'll meet. He just can't get away from those crazy liberal roots of his."

I had quite the laugh, mostly because of how accurate the assessment was without me telling him about my upbringing. Thought fishbones and buckman might enjoy that one.
I knew it was true, JohnnyD. Heck, living in Mansfield you're surrounded by conservatives. We'll definitely get out and do some fishing this season. Although, I very rarely talk politics when fishing because it drives the fish away.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I knew it was true, JohnnyD. Heck, living in Mansfield you're surrounded by conservatives. We'll definitely get out and do some fishing this season. Although, I very rarely talk politics when fishing because it drives the fish away.
too funny, I NEVER talk politics except ocassionally with my wife. Since we banned the captain, can we ban spence too? He is annoying as hell.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #20
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
too funny, I NEVER talk politics except ocassionally with my wife. Since we banned the captain, can we ban spence too? He is annoying as hell.
Hehehe, No. You and Spence are interwoven in a Miagi like Balance. He goes, you go. You go, he goes, that sorta thing

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Its ok, I have a way to dispose of him........................its a long swim to shore.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I love Spence...and he looks so cute in his avatar...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Hehehe, No. You and Spence are interwoven in a Miagi like Balance. He goes, you go. You go, he goes, that sorta thing
I think the term is Bi-sexual.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #24
JohnnyD

Quote:
I don't talk politics while fishing, mostly because when I fish, I'm completely focused even when nothing's biting. The time for chatting politics is during cigars and beer after fishing.

I look forward to us getting into some fish together this season.