Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Who does China want to win?

Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president.

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures.

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed.

If only there had been some tradition of the president releasing his tax returns so the American public could be certain he wasn’t beholden to a country or organization and wouldn’t be acting in his own self interests vs those of the American people. If only.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

You should start Impeachmas hearings.
🎅
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president.

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures.

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed.

If only there had been some tradition of the president releasing his tax returns so the American public could be certain he wasn’t beholden to a country or organization and wouldn’t be acting in his own self interests vs those of the American people. If only.
He better pay off the debt. I think that's how those things work.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Don't need to impeach him, he's committing political suicide all by himself.

Trump* is an imbecile who routinely forces government officials to spend time and capital shooting down the dumbest ideas.

He pushed the Navy for years to spend billions on “goddamned steam” catapults on aircraft carriers because “we’re spending all that money on electric, and nobody knows what it’s going to be like in bad conditions."

He wanted to electrify the border wall, put spikes on the top, dig a moat, and fill it with snakes and alligators.

He wanted to buy Greenland.

He suggested the federal government nuke hurricanes.

And now he wants health professionals busy responding to a pandemic to spend their time investigating whether injecting disinfectants would work, after spending weeks pushing them on unproven (though at least not idiotic) treatments.

“On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
-- H.L. Mencken

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Don't need to impeach him, he's committing political suicide all by himself.

Trump* is an imbecile who routinely forces government officials to spend time and capital shooting down the dumbest ideas.

He pushed the Navy for years to spend billions on “goddamned steam” catapults on aircraft carriers because “we’re spending all that money on electric, and nobody knows what it’s going to be like in bad conditions."

He wanted to electrify the border wall, put spikes on the top, dig a moat, and fill it with snakes and alligators.

He wanted to buy Greenland.

He suggested the federal government nuke hurricanes.

And now he wants health professionals busy responding to a pandemic to spend their time investigating whether injecting disinfectants would work, after spending weeks pushing them on unproven (though at least not idiotic) treatments.

“On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
-- H.L. Mencken
Quite a selected and distorted screed (which contains a germ of or semblance of truth--as demagoguery usually does).
Old 04-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

History will judge him favorably.
A second term is certain at this point.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:36 AM   #7
detbuch

Apparently Trump does not owe those billions to China (Bank of China) that Pete F says he does. Politico has made a correction to the article it wrote about Trump owing the money to the Bank of China:

Correction: An earlier version of this article reported that President Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China stemming from a 2012 real estate deal. Though Bank of China helped finance the deal, it later sold its interest in the loan.

Source: Daily Caller--https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/25/politico-updated-article-claiming-donald-trump-owes-millions-bank-of-china/
Old 04-28-2020, 03:10 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Whether Trump’s businesses received more loans from state-owned Chinese banks—or other investors with ties to foreign governments—is unknown because Trump refuses to release his complete tax returns and other financial records. The “financial disclosure law did not require him to disclose any business loans he had not personally guaranteed,” Walter Shaub, a former head of the Office of Government Ethics, which establishes standards for the executive branch, wrote on Twitter on Friday. “So, who knows who else he owes money? I’ll tell you who: The lenders who have him in their grip.”
Old 04-28-2020, 07:01 AM   #9
Sea Dangles

This is just business as usual.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Everything Trump* touches turns to Trump*.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Of course Bitchslappedboy
Try to follow along
Old 04-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump will go down in history as 💩 and 🦇💩
Old 04-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #13
wdmso

Trump says he has good idea how North Korea's Kim is doing; 'I hope he's fine'

Imagine if anyone else made such a statement
Old 04-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trumps an idiot, the Chinese are the winners in this, they suffered early and now are making gains while the rest of the world suffers.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:15 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

the Chinese are the winners in this, they suffered early and now are making gains while the rest of the world suffers.
you know they got it first...right?
Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you know they got it first...right?
Gee wiz Batman isn’t that what I said, I don’t like our administrations handling, but the Chinese will now profit in commerce and territory as the world deals with what started there. Question is was it a grand devious plan?
Old 04-28-2020, 11:15 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:

Gee wiz Batman isn’t that what I said

no, it isn't
Old 04-28-2020, 11:16 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Question is was it a grand devious plan?

I thought this was a conspiracy theory?
Old 04-29-2020, 06:26 AM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I thought this was a conspiracy theory?
I posted that because you guys love conspiracy theories, I was certain someone would bite.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
the Chinese are the winners in this, .
We are a long, long way from concluding that. They may have made themselves pariahs in this, and their economic growth had been slowing, big time, before this. They have a LOT of problems.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:00 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
I posted that because you guys love conspiracy theories, I was certain someone would bite.
I don't believe you...
Old 04-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #22
wdmso

US President Donald Trump has said China "will do anything they can" to make him lose his re-election bid, stepping up his criticism of Beijing amid the coronavirus pandemic.

So they the Chinese unleashed covid 19 to hurt his chances of reelection.. oh wait because he didn't say it exactly . I must be confused on how to take his tweet

Why will Trump not name Xi Jinping directly in these criticisms

Another guess. He is still holding out for his trade deal
Old 04-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

US President Donald Trump has said China "will do anything they can" to make him lose his re-election bid, stepping up his criticism of Beijing amid the coronavirus pandemic.

that's OIK...I'm sure Putin will be voting for him