Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Karen Lynn
Karen Lynn Charters

Karen Lynn Great Striped Bass Fishing !

Last edited by JohnR; 05-21-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Karen Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Please, please, join our community and talk fishing, not post advertisements for your biz. There are other avenues than trying to get free advertisement on a message board.

Here is a tip, participate on the boards and discuss things in a relaxed non-spamming manner. Build a rapport with people, share some of your knowledge, and pick up a thing or three. But please don't spam the boards.

Thanks...

John

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Clammer

Thumbs up

Come Clamming with the CLAMMER ............... reasonable rates ............ all equipment provided & license available ............................. chowders/ little necks garanteed

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
Come Clamming with the CLAMMER ............... reasonable rates ............ all equipment provided & license available ............................. chowders/ little necks garanteed

Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
Karen Lynn
Karen Lynn Charters

Karen Lynn

Hey John,

Not sure if you are a administrator for this site or not ? I am not trying to spam this site by any means thank you. I have inquired on a couple of ocassions on what it takes to become a sponsor on this site with no response. Seems like a great site on which I would like to contribute my striped bass reports as well as offshore tuna reports. If someone could please get back to me with a sponsorship agreement that would be great, if not I will not add my web site to my post's as I did not in my previous post. If you could PM me rather than add your response to the public forum that would be great. Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Please, please, join our community and talk fishing, not post advertisements for your biz. There are other avenues than trying to get free advertisement on a message board.

Here is a tip, participate on the boards and discuss things in a relaxed non-spamming manner. Build a rapport with people, share some of your knowledge, and pick up a thing or three. But please don't spam the boards.

Thanks...

John
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Hey John,

Not sure if you are a administrator for this site or not ? I am not trying to spam this site by any means thank you. I have inquired on a couple of ocassions on what it takes to become a sponsor on this site with no response. Seems like a great site on which I would like to contribute my striped bass reports as well as offshore tuna reports. If someone could please get back to me with a sponsorship agreement that would be great, if not I will not add my web site to my post's as I did not in my previous post. If you could PM me rather than add your response to the public forum that would be great. Thank You
We don't necessarily want the reports though I'm sure some would like them - much rather have you hang and enjoy. Be part of the people - we have a great bunch of folks - do not just drive by shooting reports and pics of smiling babies (that has happened before by others) on every discussion board in the northeast.

As for the post (and some previous others you have posted) they clearly are for the purpose of advertising and self promotion. Perhaps you ignored the part in registration that says not to do that but if you are unsure here it is "... Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com..."

Seriously, please join the forum and have some fun, mingle a bit. Maybe something akin to advertising down the road but I get a lot of requests to advertise (btw nothing re: Karen Lynn searching my emails for past couple years - may have gone into junk mail accidentally). As a rule we don't have wide open advertising but the significant majority of advertisers here (all?) were members & participants first...

Thanks,

John

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Karen Lynn
Karen Lynn Charters

Thank you for taking the time to respond John. I enjoy meeting new people who enjoy fishing as well as sharing stories and reports. Not sure if I understand your resonse entirely such as "shooting reports and pics of smiling babies" I understand not allowing me to add my website to my post's and wanting me to become a sponsor and pay to do so which is a big part of a succesful fishing forum. Again I enjoy sharing stories and meeting new people and yes it seems you have a great bunch of folks here. My posts tend to be more of a story a brief write up of the day's fishing if you will rather than straight up advertising. I do run a charter business at day's end and was just trying to add my web site to the post's I create. If this is not possible please let me know and I will move on. Thanks again for your time John. PM me if you would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
We don't necessarily want the reports though I'm sure some would like them - much rather have you hang and enjoy. Be part of the people - we have a great bunch of folks - do not just drive by shooting reports and pics of smiling babies (that has happened before by others) on every discussion board in the northeast.

As for the post (and some previous others you have posted) they clearly are for the purpose of advertising and self promotion. Perhaps you ignored the part in registration that says not to do that but if you are unsure here it is "... Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com..."

Seriously, please join the forum and have some fun, mingle a bit. Maybe something akin to advertising down the road but I get a lot of requests to advertise (btw nothing re: Karen Lynn searching my emails for past couple years - may have gone into junk mail accidentally). As a rule we don't have wide open advertising but the significant majority of advertisers here (all?) were members & participants first...

Thanks,

John
Old 05-22-2010, 04:25 AM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I'll step up for Colin here.... Whenever I read his posts, it reads exactly as I hear him in conversation, which is to say he gets excited about fishing. I hear it in his voice whether in person or on the radio. His is one of the few boats our crew actually checks in with out on the Bank. My .02. Good addition to the site.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
luds
Night Stalker

To me this is an easy dilemma to fix. Change your screen name and dropp the references to your charter boat if you and John don't work some kind of sponsorship deal out. Keep 'em if you do. I like the reports and the enthusiasm and if Ross signs off on your presence here how can I disagree.

Welcome to the site!

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #10
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by luds View Post
To me this is an easy dilemma to fix. Change your screen name and dropp the references to your charter boat if you and John don't work some kind of sponsorship deal out. Keep 'em if you do. I like the reports and the enthusiasm and if Ross signs off on your presence here how can I disagree.

Welcome to the site!
I agree - you are wise young lad (other than occasional outbursts in meetings).

If Ross vouches for you as a good guy - that certainly works for me. Change the names up a little and hang out a bit. Don't try to push the biz as much as embracing the love, spirit, and cantankerousness of your fellow fishheads.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #11
Duke41
got gas?

At the end of the day, this really isn't a site about fishing. It is a site about fisherman.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #12
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

I too will vouch for Colin, even though he fishes from a boat and boat fish do not count. That 50 you caught last summer on the live mac, that was cheating. Catch one of those from shore and I will be impressed

I remember Colins enthusiasm for fishing many years ago when he worked for me as a dishwasher... Welcome to the site and feel free to PM me some local reports

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote