Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-31-2020, 05:27 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I'll answer this for you Spence: Black People, White people, and every other shade were cleaning up. You know what group wasn't cleaning up? Antifa.
Evidence please!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-31-2020, 06:10 PM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Ohhh, I dunno, I watched hours last night with people rioting, some protesting, and a sizeable lot of black and white thugs destroying things. SOME of the white people were all done up in black (masks, jackets, pants, hats or helmets) common of Black Bloc and Antifa.

This morning watching the news for an hour and change showed lots of neighborhoods with black and white people pitching in together, cleaning up stores, broken glass, and their neighborhood. But I did not see any black clad Antifa or Black Bloc there. Are you thinking that they went home, changed out of the Commieforms, and came back and helped?

I know sometimes you think your posts will spur critical thought, but sometimes you say the stupidest things.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Ohhh, I dunno, I watched hours last night with people rioting, some protesting, and a sizeable lot of black and white thugs destroying things. SOME of the white people were all done up in black (masks, jackets, pants, hats or helmets) common of Black Bloc and Antifa.

This morning watching the news for an hour and change showed lots of neighborhoods with black and white people pitching in together, cleaning up stores, broken glass, and their neighborhood. But I did not see any black clad Antifa or Black Bloc there. Are you thinking that they went home, changed out of the Commieforms, and came back and helped?

I know sometimes you think your posts will spur critical thought, but sometimes you say the stupidest things.
Empty.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:03 PM   #34
Sea Dangles

Stop describing your insight so harshly Jeff

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-31-2020, 08:26 PM   #35
t.orlando

Saw a stat that cops kill 2x more whites than blacks per year. When do we start the riots? I need a new TV.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
Saw a stat that cops kill 2x more whites than blacks per year. When do we start the riots? I need a new TV.
well there are more than twice as many whites...but common sense suggests that cops will kill
most people where violent crimes occur, which is in poor urban areas, where there are more blacks.

i read that in 2019, 9 unarmed blacks were killed by cops in the US. 9. That’s not a systematic pattern of racist assassinations by police officers. one is too many, but 9 isn’t systemic racism.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:32 AM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The country needs to look a Bostons example of community policing . So far boston has had protest which haven't turned out of control
So much for that shining example

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-01-2020, 06:56 AM   #38
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Empty.

Well I was unaware I would need to DVR it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So much for that shining example
Yeh.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #39
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

"Eff' the city and move into residential areas - white hoods...and we take what's ours." - yours Antifa friends.
That won't go over well.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 AM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
I think the issue is Unarmed and Math

In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:

In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).
i read that nine unarmed black men were killed by cops in the US in 2019. In Chicago, 9 murders happen in an average weekend. black-on-black violence is therefore a much bigger threat to blacks day to day. but that doesn’t help democrats get elected so it gets ignored, and the left acts as if blacks are hunted every day by white cops.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

i read that nine unarmed black men were killed by cops in the US in 2019. In Chicago, 9 murders happen in an average weekend. black-on-black violence is therefore a much bigger threat to blacks day to day. but that doesn’t help democrats get elected so it gets ignored, and the left acts as if blacks are hunted every day by white cops.

blacks are shot and killed
by cops in disproportionate numbers. is it because of racism? or is it because blacks disproportionately live in areas with lots of violent crime?
Old 06-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #43
wdmso

now Trump wants the Joint chief of staff to handle the Riots??

Trumps Is willing to put US troops on the Street .. using Antifa

at attacking anyone with a D next to their name must be how you united a country

Trump tells nation's governors 'most of you are weak

Trump told the governors that "you have to use the military" and "we have a wonderful military,"

The White House

@WhiteHouse
“These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!”
Old 06-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Protesters running amok. Innocent citizens under siege. Outside actors engaging in terrorist acts. Police struggling to maintain control and in desperate need of reinforcements.

That was how Chinese state media portrayed anti-government protests in Hong Kong last year, dismissing calls for greater democracy and an investigation into police brutality by focusing on individual acts of violence and property damage. The widespread unrest, and the prospect of more this year, has been used to justify a new national security bill that will be imposed upon the city by Beijing in coming months.

Then, the US supported people's right to take to the streets and have their voices heard, and that sporadic violence or illegality did not undermine the core demands or legitimacy of the movement.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Protesters running amok. Innocent citizens under siege. Outside actors engaging in terrorist acts. Police struggling to maintain control and in desperate need of reinforcements.

That was how Chinese state media portrayed anti-government protests in Hong Kong last year, dismissing calls for greater democracy and an investigation into police brutality by focusing on individual acts of violence and property damage. The widespread unrest, and the prospect of more this year, has been used to justify a new national security bill that will be imposed upon the city by Beijing in coming months.

Then, the US supported people's right to take to the streets and have their voices heard, and that sporadic violence or illegality did not undermine the core demands or legitimacy of the movement.
Dozens of journalists covering anti-racism protests that have rocked the US have reported being targeted by security forces using tear gas, rubber bullets and pepper spray.

now where would they get that Idea from enemy of the people
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Dozens of journalists covering anti-racism protests that have rocked the US have reported being targeted by security forces using tear gas, rubber bullets and pepper spray.

now where would they get that Idea from enemy of the people
Yeah . . . as you know . . . the security forces were all trump "supporters" and they heard his dog whistles.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah . . . as you know . . . the security forces were all trump "supporters" and they heard his dog whistles.
Tweety’s tweet

The professionally managed so-called “protesters” at the White House had little to do with the memory of George Floyd. They were just there to cause trouble. The @SecretService handled them easily. Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???

Last edited by Pete F.; 06-01-2020 at 03:05 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Tweety’s tweet

The professionally managed so-called “protesters” at the White House had little to do with the memory of George Floyd. They were just there to cause trouble. The @SecretService handled them easily. Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???
Whoopie . . .
Old 06-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We have reached a low when the president instead of trying to calm the country is threatening US military in states that don’t handle this to his satisfaction.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:00 PM   #50
Sea Dangles

Yup
He needs to pass out hugs

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We have reached a low when the president instead of trying to calm the country is threatening US military in states that don’t handle this to his satisfaction.
As in past riots that local government couldn't handle, the national guard was able to "calm the country."
Old 06-01-2020, 06:31 PM   #52
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
As in past riots that local government couldn't handle, the national guard was able to "calm the country."
The national guard is not the only military action he was threatening, states have done that, he is threatening more federal intervention.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
The national guard is not the only military action he was threatening, states have done that, he is threatening more federal intervention.
if the national guard can’t ensure safety, doesn't trump have the obligation to raise the bar? eisenhower sent in the 101st airborne to ensure school
desegregation after the national guard failed to do so.

if the national guard can’t do it, is the potus supposed to just watch cities burn?
Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Keyleigh McEnany in her press briefing today said that the "assets" that General Milley would be in charge of is the national guard.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:56 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Peaceful protesters were gassed and shot with rubber bullets to clear away a space near a church to give Trump a photo-op waving a bible flanked by AG Barr and Sec Def Esper. Monstrous. Anticonstitutional.

This will get far worse and will escalate enough to fulfill Putin’s dreams

Congratulations Trumplicans

A sad day for Americans

When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

We are there

Old 06-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Bishop Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington tells CNN on air: "I am outraged. The president did not pray when he came to St. John's nor did he acknowledge the agony of our country right now."

"We distance ourselves from the incendiary language of this president."
Old 06-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Bishop Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington tells CNN on air: "I am outraged. The president did not pray when he came to St. John's nor did he acknowledge the agony of our country right now."

"We distance ourselves from the incendiary language of this president."
He kind of sounds like you . . . but not as tasteless.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
He kind of sounds like you . . . but not as tasteless.
America doesn’t matter to you, apparently
As long as the Citrus Caligula wins

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
America doesn’t matter to you, apparently
As long as the Citrus Caligula wins
I think America would be much better without divisive people like you.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:40 PM   #60
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if the national guard can’t ensure safety, doesn't trump have the obligation to raise the bar? eisenhower sent in the 101st airborne to ensure school
desegregation after the national guard failed to do so.

if the national guard can’t do it, is the potus supposed to just watch cities burn?
That’s been his tactic with PPE and other preventative measures with Covid... “Let the states handle it”

Now that black people are involved in an activity associated with unrest, he all of a sudden wants to intervene in state business to look like a tough guy for his supporters

You can have one or the other, but selectively applying your own rules is never a good idea when things are being recorded and reported live

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.