Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Tburg

Truck campers

I cannot afford one yet but I am hoping for next year as well as a new truck.....I have been looking on the web at these things and there sure are allot of them and the prices are all over the place. What is a good manf. for these. I found one company that has a decent value for what you get but they are not sold in this area. The company is called Capri camper. www.capricamper.com. The seem basic and not expensive.
Just wondering what some of you folks may have for your truck and if you like the maf...and model....
Tburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Karl F

Interesting, but they appear narrow, go right to the edge of the truck bed, no overhang.. that will cut down on useable space and comfort.
Also all units appear to end at the end of truck bed.. so, the long climb up, and then aboard. If you go to a longer camper, it will drop down a bit, and be easier to enter and exit. alsot eh side overhang of a foot or so on each side, greatly expands storage, and space.. any camper gets that "small" feeling, in a hurry.
Something that you are going to use a lot, should be comfortable, have as much storage as possible.
Take a hard look at Lance campers. a little on the high end, but well worth it.
Arctic is another good brand.
Shop used too...if you know someone who knows campers, bring them along.
There is a Lance Dealer in New Hampshire, that has a lot of good used units in stock, at all times.
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Karl F

http://www.polarrv.com/

Truck Camper dealer in New Hampshire.
Good Company.
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Mine is a 1986 Real-lite By Juno
I bought it 6 or 7 yrs ago and this last summer I did a complete overhaul all the mechanical was replaced so I could drive the beaches (they were closed 1/2 the summer) I also bought a new truck (new to me) 93 ford f-350.

Make sure what ever you buy for a truck install airbags in the rear suspension this will help with the truck camper sway. and give a better ride, and take the bounce out when using the camper without jacks.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I just checked the link and if you plan on staying on the beaches you will need holding tanks and a toilet, with enough storage to stay 2 nights. also you need more room on the top bunk, it may be just the pic but you need to sit up and turn. I would look for a nice used one you can find them on the MBBA web site.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
Jenn

sorry no help on the truck camper but I do want to second the motion on the airbags for the suspension...my hubby installed some in his vehicle for towing and they make a world of difference. Good upgrade for short money.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote