Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
Liv2Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

I fear within 10 years there is a good chance we all will need to pick a side.
I think you're right. I just don't think the right side exists yet. Progressives and conservatives seem to be further apart than any time in my lifetime. There are many things about both that I just can't align with.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Old 10-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
wdmso

Removing a plaque does not change history

all it does is rally the base who prior reading the article which shocking all right wing sites are running ... never knew the plagues the church or who went there even existed... LOL
Old 10-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Removing a plaque does not change history

History is like the tree that falls in the forest but nobody is there to see it. It takes someone to see it and report it for the history to exist. If the report is edited or "interpreted," the tree's history is changed. If the historical report is removed to some vault that few will visit, the history of the fallen tree disappears until some curious scholar/reporter rediscovers its existence.

all it does is rally the base who prior reading the article which shocking all right wing sites are running ... never knew the plagues the church or who went there even existed... LOL
Yup. All knowledge requires discovery and a record of it. That's how we learn about all things to which we are not personally a witness. Even right wing witnesses discover and report things. Do you have some issue with right wingers reporting what they see?

Are you some kind of psychic that knows, without some report, what has happened outside of your personal perspective? The rest of most of us are not so fortunate. We often appreciate reports of various current histories that we could not otherwise see or know. The reports can, and do, inform us about the current drift or direction that our society is taking. Do you have a problem with that?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yup. All knowledge requires discovery and a record of it. That's how we learn about all things to which we are not personally a witness. Even right wing witnesses discover and report things. Do you have some issue with right wingers reporting what they see?

Are you some kind of psychic that knows, without some report, what has happened outside of your personal perspective? The rest of most of us are not so fortunate. We often appreciate reports of various current histories that we could not otherwise see or know. The reports can, and do, inform us about the current drift or direction that our society is taking. Do you have a problem with that?
You think the report is about information your not that naive.. the story was written to inflame and outrage .. thats it

There no plaques of Hitler or swastika Germany, Christopher Columbus is not the hero he once was portrayed yet no one has forgotten the history of theses men .. nor will we forget Washington or general Lee the good and the bad ..but Conservatives like you love these stories that reinforce your Tin foil hat views that some how the whiteness is being erased from our history .. and the Government wants your guns
Old 10-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #5
scottw

I know the left enjoyed comparing George Bush to Hitler...but...George Washington?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know the left enjoyed comparing George Bush to Hitler...but...George Washington?
Don’t you know he killed a cherry tree?

This is one case where I’m going to use the term “#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&”
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Don’t you know he killed a cherry tree?

Old 10-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
All sane people are thinking this...they might not say it but they sure as hell are thinking it.

There's an old saying: "Out of sight,out of mind".
Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 AM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
That was the first thought I had when I read wdmso's post.