Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Read his post a little closer, he said most of our cases came from Europe, he didn’t say it originated in Europe; which is why the travel ban Jim loves to harp on made very little difference other than delay the inevitable.
Read his post a little closer, he said "Calling it China-virus just makes you look like the Commander-in-Ostrich." It originated in China, that's why it's called China virus.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:17 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m pretty sure he knows where it originated, his points were also clear, one that it most likely did the most damage by cases coming in from Europe and Trump is a chump for deflection calling it a China virus. He and most also do blame China for mishandling and most of those voting him out of office soon will do so for Trump mishandling the crisis and not being forthright with Americans. Your running out of things to spin as fast as Trump is running out of excuses.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:

Trump is a chump
bumper sticker material right there
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Woodward is facing some heat because he withheld this supposedly very important information from the public in order to sell more books. If it was that critical, he should have immediately informed us. Very cynical or he didn't believe it was that critical.
His excuse for not doing so is very weak.

WOW detbunch not sure if you feel the same way? how can people expect more action from a reporter than the Trump himself

That heat is what true TDS looks like . Republicans blaming Woodward hell 90% OF trump supporters don't believe it any way.. even in a recording of him saying it
It isn't just Republicans who noted that Woodward withheld what he (and you) considered important information. And Trump basically explained it in an April 7 press briefing on the Coronavirus when a reporter asked him about a memo from Navarro which told of the danger of the virus (which Trump and the Dems and the Press and the WHO were all downplaying): "So, at the time, though, when Peter Navarro did circulate those memos, you were still downplaying the threat of coronavirus in the US." Trump response included: " I’m a cheerleader for this country. I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else. But ultimately, when I was saying that, I’m also closing it down. I obviously was concerned about it because I closed down our country to China, which was heavily infected. I then closed it down to Europe. That’s a big move, closing it down from China and then closing it down from Europe, and then ultimately closing it down to the UK. And it was right about that time. But I’m not going to go out and start screaming, this could happen, this could happen."

So Trump basically said, in public, the same thing he said to Woodward not long after that interview and way long before Woodward's supposed "bombshell."
Old 09-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
I’m pretty sure he knows where it originated, his points were also clear, one that it most likely did the most damage by cases coming in from Europe and Trump is a chump for deflection calling it a China virus. He and most also do blame China for mishandling and most of those voting him out of office soon will do so for Trump mishandling the crisis and not being forthright with Americans. Your running out of things to spin as fast as Trump is running out of excuses.
Trump, and many, many, others call it the China, or the Wuhan, or the CCP virus because that is where it originated. It is not a chump to name a virus from whence it came. It has been done for many if not most of previous viruses. That much of it arrived here via Europe does not change that. Trump also put a travel ban on Europe. Too late? Too late was the only way to confirm that a ban was needed. Same would apply to any travel ban. It was too late because the infection was already here and China, intentionally, did not warn us, or Europe, or the rest of the world in time, and intentionally let travelers out of China, including much from Wuhan, into the rest of the world while, at the same time, banned travel from Wuhan to the rest of China. I don't know if you can spin that, but give it a go.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #66
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump, and many, many, others call it the China, or the Wuhan, or the CCP virus because that is where it originated. It is not a chump to name a virus from whence it came. It has been done for many if not most of previous viruses. That much of it arrived here via Europe does not change that. Trump also put a travel ban on Europe. Too late? Too late was the only way to confirm that a ban was needed. Same would apply to any travel ban. It was too late because the infection was already here and China, intentionally, did not warn us, or Europe, or the rest of the world in time, and intentionally let travelers out of China, including much from Wuhan, into the rest of the world while, at the same time, banned travel from Wuhan to the rest of China. I don't know if you can spin that, but give it a go.
What I love, Butchie, is people like you who eat up whatever he says, and then end up doing a way better job defending him than he can actually do for himself.

He’s the pres, it’s his job to defend himself. He don’t need you, sport...

Go back to crappie fishing, I guess. The world has passed you by, my friend.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 09-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
What I love, Butchie, is people like you who eat up whatever he says,

Actually, I don't. But you have no way of knowing that, so I can see why you would think so.

and then end up doing a way better job defending him than he can actually do for himself.

If he was on this forum, he would do a way better job of it than me. I'd like to see the back and forth on Trump's competence, leadership, performance, and all the other stuff--Trump vs. PeteF. That would be a doozie worth seeing.

He’s the pres, it’s his job to defend himself. He don’t need you, sport...

Well, since he's not on the forum, some of us have to do it.

Go back to crappie fishing, I guess. The world has passed you by, my friend.
I'm still keeping up . . . bigly. But thanks.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #68
RickBomba

Quote:
I'm still keeping up . . . bigly. But thanks.
Love the bigly.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 09-15-2020, 09:59 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

DONALD TRUMP'S COVID-19 PLAN

FEB: COVID isn't real
MAR: It'll go away
APR: It'll go away
MAY: It'll go away
JUN: It'll go away
JUL: It'll go away
AUG: It'll go away
SEP: It'll go away
Hint: It ain’t gonna like a miracle, go away
Old 09-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #70
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
DONALD TRUMP'S COVID-19 PLAN

FEB: COVID isn't real
MAR: It'll go away
APR: It'll go away
MAY: It'll go away
JUN: It'll go away
JUL: It'll go away
AUG: It'll go away
SEP: It'll go away
Hint: It ain’t gonna like a miracle, go away
Wow. Quite a revelation. Apparently the coronavirus task force was just a mirage. The production of a vaccine is just a fiction. Testing does not happen. Masks, ventilators, help to states who were unprepared never happened. All fake news.

Thanks for the truth Pete!
Old 09-16-2020, 06:44 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

What is the difference between lying about a blow job and lying about a pathogen? 200 thousand lives.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
What is the difference between lying about a blow job and lying about a pathogen? 200 thousand lives.
There is no telling how many lives would have been lost if the public had totally panicked. Or if there were no action to combat the virus. There was a worldwide playing down of it, including the WHO, the media, the politicians on both sides, the medical experts. But there was also a concurrent serious effort to contain it. Both that effort and the calming of the public were probably necessary.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s entire political career has been built on using fear as a weapon. As he explained to Woodward and a colleague in a 2016 interview, “Real power is—I don’t even want to use the word—fear.”
Leaders excell in tough times, Tweety tried to lie and deny his way through this, the first real crisis of his administration as he has his whole life
Old 09-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
Trump’s entire political career has been built on using fear as a weapon. As he explained to Woodward and a colleague in a 2016 interview, “Real power is—I don’t even want to use the word—fear.”
Leaders excell in tough times, Tweety tried to lie and deny his way through this, the first real crisis of his administration as he has his whole life
You and Biden and Harris and the Dems use fear as as weapon. Trump told the truth about the virus to Woodward. And he told the same truth publicly shortly afterward in response to a reporter's question during a press briefing.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Sorry one statement that you think fits the narrative is too little, there’s video and tapes that show otherwise.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Sorry one statement that you think fits the narrative is too little, there’s video and tapes that show otherwise.
The statement to Woodward and repeated in essence to the reporter in a public press briefing covers the videos and tapes. And you and Biden and Harris and the Dems use fear as as weapon.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:56 PM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

So “in essence” is your interpretation of Tweety’s speech because he did not say the same thing
Old 09-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

And tell me just how did this silver spoon, reality TV star, real estate grifter from Queens become the voice of the Republican party?

Because far from ushering in Bolshevism, the Obama-Biden administration presided over the longest economic expansion on record and falling violent crime.

This year, by contrast, Trump admin has seen the worst recession since the 1930s and a rising murder rate.

But he takes no responsibility at all
Old 09-16-2020, 03:31 PM   #79
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Another Trump supporter out the door, I think Caputo blew a gasket, but when you work in this administration your time is numbered.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
And tell me just how did this silver spoon, reality TV star, real estate grifter from Queens become the voice of the Republican party?

Because far from ushering in Bolshevism, the Obama-Biden administration presided over the longest economic expansion on record and falling violent crime.

This year, by contrast, Trump admin has seen the worst recession since the 1930s and a rising murder rate.

But he takes no responsibility at all
This is incorrigible bull$hit. It's what you do. Keep repeating junk.
Here is a Wikipedia synopsis of Obama's fabulous economic expansion:

"The effects of the Great Recession of 2007-2009 continued to be felt for years, with the economy described as a "malaise" as late as 2011. Employment growth remained historically low, and unemployment would not return to pre-recession levels until 2016. Long-term unemployment rose to a record high while labor force participation fell off sharply as many of the unemployed gave up looking for work. In an effort to spur economic growth, the Federal Reserve engaged in three rounds of quantitative easing, while the federal funds rate was kept near zero for an unprecedented seven years. However, credit remained difficult to obtain for some time, as lending institutions used the newly created cash to shore up their balance sheets. What growth occurred was unevenly distributed; roughly half of GDP growth from 2009-2015 went to the top 1% of households.[ Unlike every previous post-war expansion, GDP growth remained under 3% for every calendar year."

As one "expert" put it: "On almost every measure examined, the 2009-2015 recovery since the recession ended in June of 2009 has been the meekest in more than 50 years."

From a Washington Examiner Jan. 20, 2020 article: "President Trump starts off 2020 having presided over a lower average unemployment rate than any president at a comparable point in office in recorded history.

On Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the unemployment rate held steady at a historically low 3.5% in December. Since February 2017, Trump's first full month in office, the monthly unemployment rate has averaged 3.9%. No prior president has averaged less than 4% over the first 35 months of his presidency. The closest was Dwight Eisenhower, when the rate averaged 4.3% between February 1953 and December 1955."

Since covid, The WORLD, not just the U.S. "has seen the worst recession since the 1930s." And the murder rate has risen with the help of Progressive cities like NY pulling back on police presence and effectiveness.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #81
spence

Quote:
Another Trump supporter out the door, I think Caputo blew a gasket, but when you work in this administration your time is numbered.
Caputo was there to heroically battle the army of Deep State scientists trying to destroy Trump with their enslavement guidance and nuclear vaccine negativity. Now Trump will have to defeat them on his own.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:28 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
So “in essence” is your interpretation of Tweety’s speech because he did not say the same thing
If by his "speech" you mean what he replied to the reporter who asked him about his downplaying of the virus, he did say the same thing that he said to Woodward, but mostly, not exactly, the same words. Otherwise, I don't know what you mean by his "speech."
Old 09-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #83
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Boy if there was ever a question of whether Barr was Trumps personal attorney and hit man, boy he answered that in spades. Sad that we have the AG basically working for the Trump re-election campaign. The corruption of this administration runs deep, can’t wait to vote his arse out and his cronies too.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #84
wdmso

Now trump knows more than cdc. And said we would have less cases in the world if it wasnt for Blue states... leadership at its finest
Old 09-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is incorrigible bull$hit. It's what you do. Keep repeating junk.
Here is a Wikipedia synopsis of Obama's fabulous economic expansion:

"The effects of the Great Recession of 2007-2009 continued to be felt for years, with the economy described as a "malaise" as late as 2011. Employment growth remained historically low, and unemployment would not return to pre-recession levels until 2016. Long-term unemployment rose to a record high while labor force participation fell off sharply as many of the unemployed gave up looking for work. In an effort to spur economic growth, the Federal Reserve engaged in three rounds of quantitative easing, while the federal funds rate was kept near zero for an unprecedented seven years. However, credit remained difficult to obtain for some time, as lending institutions used the newly created cash to shore up their balance sheets. What growth occurred was unevenly distributed; roughly half of GDP growth from 2009-2015 went to the top 1% of households.[ Unlike every previous post-war expansion, GDP growth remained under 3% for every calendar year."

As one "expert" put it: "On almost every measure examined, the 2009-2015 recovery since the recession ended in June of 2009 has been the meekest in more than 50 years."

From a Washington Examiner Jan. 20, 2020 article: "President Trump starts off 2020 having presided over a lower average unemployment rate than any president at a comparable point in office in recorded history.

On Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the unemployment rate held steady at a historically low 3.5% in December. Since February 2017, Trump's first full month in office, the monthly unemployment rate has averaged 3.9%. No prior president has averaged less than 4% over the first 35 months of his presidency. The closest was Dwight Eisenhower, when the rate averaged 4.3% between February 1953 and December 1955."

Since covid, The WORLD, not just the U.S. "has seen the worst recession since the 1930s." And the murder rate has risen with the help of Progressive cities like NY pulling back on police presence and effectiveness.
Keep dreaming meanwhile Tweety is saying
The deaths in the blue states don’t count and that’s probably the sickest and most honest belief I’ve heard Trump express.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Keep dreaming meanwhile Tweety is saying
The deaths in the blue states don’t count and that’s probably the sickest and most honest belief I’ve heard Trump express.
I wasn't dreaming. I quoted Wikipedia and Washington Examiner articles.

Trump didn't say blue state deaths don't count. He said if they weren't counted the death toll would be lower. Which is true. It would also be true that if red state deaths weren't counted, the death toll would be lower. Kind of a dumb thing to say, but playing politics results in a lot of dumb things being said--for example, a lot of the dumb things the master of playing politics, Biden, says.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

He just had an indoor rally without social distancing except for himself. Why keep pretending he’s engaged with the safety of the American people? At all.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Tonight Tweety claimed a Covid-19 vaccine could be ready for distribution as early as mid-October — hours after the head of the CDC testified it likely wouldn't be ready until the end of the year.
Somebody’s full of false hope and unknowing optimism.
Pretty likely it’s the “cheerleader”
Old 09-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
He just had an indoor rally without social distancing except for himself. Why keep pretending he’s engaged with the safety of the American people? At all.
Maybe he doesn't think the American people are lemmings. That being American supposes that you think for yourself. The information about social distancing and masks has been pounded into our heads on a daily basis. Anyone who is ignorant of that info must have just awoken and come out of their caves. I wouldn't go to one of those rallies for various reasons including covid. Watching one on YouTube is more than enough.

We have witnessed time and again large groups of "mostly peaceful" protesters not practicing social distancing, but still get lauded and encouraged by the left. Goose, gander.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Only one person at those rallies socially distanced himself and made sure everyone in close contact with him was tested.
It’s right up there with "If you take the blue states out" that will be remembered as one of the most callous sentiments ever uttered by an American president.... if it's remembered at all.