Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-14-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
Jim in CT

rioters getting bolder

Two LA cops ambushed in their car by a gunman.

more shocking, a mob then descended upon the hospital where they were taken, they tried to storm the emergency room.

how do you find a group of people
that sick, who are willing to do such a thing? blocking an emergency room? trying to prevent the life saving work done there?

time to go all Kent State on these jerks. they’re threatening lives, they need to be treated appropriately.

very sad that we’ve sunk this low. take the goddamn gloves off.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Are you ranting about this, or the blowback?

Looks like a situation the DOJ should be looking into and is.

At the Compton sheriff’s station, it’s called a ghost gun: a weapon a deputy says he spots on a suspect but that is never found when colleagues respond to the scene and search for it.

That’s because the call-out is based on a lie. The deputy didn’t actually see a gun, but his suspect could turn out to be armed and an arrest or recovered firearm could pad his reputation.

It’s the kind of behavior that plays out regularly at the station, according to a whistleblower who worked there for five years and recounted other sensational allegations in a recent deposition obtained by The Times in a federal civil rights lawsuit.

“In reality, they’ve never seen the gun,” L.A. County Sheriff’s Deputy Austreberto Gonzalez said under oath. “And then at the end when their containments are set up, you know, the gun is never recovered. You know, they’ll call it a day and say, ‘Thank you for rolling. We’re going to call it,’ and a gun was never recovered.”

Gonzalez says the scheme is employed in Compton by tattooed deputies who call themselves the Executioners, the clandestine gang many say runs the station.

His allegations add to a growing body of information about the Compton clique, one of several tattooed deputy groups within the Sheriff’s Department with names such as the Grim Reapers, Banditos and Jump Out Boys.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-executioners

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
spence

I think what Pete is saying is that this could have been unjustified blow back from abusive police tactics in the area. I don't know if it's accurate but a dispatcher I know just posted the suspects information, looks like a hardcore gangbanger. Thank god it looks like both will recover.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Cops cannot shoot people without ramifications, nor can gangbangers.
Outlaw cops do nothing to further law and order.

Neither does calling for people to be killed ala Kent State, where four students were killed and nine others injured while exercising their constitutional right to assemble and protest. It did not tamp down unrest and protests a bit.
Impressive Prolifer attitude

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Are you ranting about this, or the blowback?

Looks like a situation the DOJ should be looking into and is.

At the Compton sheriff’s station, it’s called a ghost gun: a weapon a deputy says he spots on a suspect but that is never found when colleagues respond to the scene and search for it.

That’s because the call-out is based on a lie. The deputy didn’t actually see a gun, but his suspect could turn out to be armed and an arrest or recovered firearm could pad his reputation.

It’s the kind of behavior that plays out regularly at the station, according to a whistleblower who worked there for five years and recounted other sensational allegations in a recent deposition obtained by The Times in a federal civil rights lawsuit.

“In reality, they’ve never seen the gun,” L.A. County Sheriff’s Deputy Austreberto Gonzalez said under oath. “And then at the end when their containments are set up, you know, the gun is never recovered. You know, they’ll call it a day and say, ‘Thank you for rolling. We’re going to call it,’ and a gun was never recovered.”

Gonzalez says the scheme is employed in Compton by tattooed deputies who call themselves the Executioners, the clandestine gang many say runs the station.

His allegations add to a growing body of information about the Compton clique, one of several tattooed deputy groups within the Sheriff’s Department with names such as the Grim Reapers, Banditos and Jump Out Boys.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-executioners
missed the point completely.

what would cause do many people
to be willing to be so bad?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think what Pete is saying is that this could have been unjustified blow back from abusive police tactics in the area. I don't know if it's accurate but a dispatcher I know just posted the suspects information, looks like a hardcore gangbanger. Thank god it looks like both will recover.
i get the rare homicidal gangbanger. i’m more confused by the mob going to the hospital, trying to prevent them from treating the cops. what did those cops do to anyone in that mob?

liberals are storming emergency rooms now?

in addition to being unspeakably wicked, it also helps trump. it absolutely helps trump. it won’t being any moderates to the left. it makes moderates terrified of the left.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i get the rare homicidal gangbanger. i’m more confused by the mob going to the hospital, trying to prevent them from treating the cops. what did those cops do to anyone in that mob?
I think it's just an angry reaction to the same police force (I believe) shooting a likely unarmed black man for a bicycling violation. They weren't preventing the treatment of the victims, they were already there but it could have impacted others. A few people possibly said some depraved things. Again, people are angry.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:45 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
liberals are storming emergency rooms now?
Here's video of the legions of unruly Antifa storming the hospital.

https://twitter.com/josie_huang/stat...65081144410112

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

If you watch the reporting on the reporter being abused at a minute in you can see what you’re claiming are rioters.
I don’t know much about what happened there but 10 people don’t make a riot.
If what is being investigated by the feds about extralegal executions being carried out by groups within the Compton’s Sheriff’s office, then that as far from law and order as you can get.
I suppose the federal investigation is fake also.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think it's just an angry reaction to the same police force (I believe) shooting a likely unarmed black man for a bicycling violation. They weren't preventing the treatment of the victims, they were already there but it could have impacted others. A few people possibly said some depraved things. Again, people are angry.

"A few people possibly said some depraved things"

Why do you say "possibly"? You have reason to believe the reports are fake? Or is it because you can't concede bad things about people on the left?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Why do you say "possibly"? You have reason to believe the reports are fake? Or is it because you can't concede bad things about people on the left?
So far all the reporting is based on a single tweet that was taken down by the same police department accused of falsifying reports. I'd like to see 3rd party reporting or a video to believe it. The one female reporter who is known to be there was tackled and arrested, and wait for it.........the police then fabricated their story debunked by video evidence.

Regardless, if one or two people say something depraved in anger it's not necessarily big news.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Two LA cops ambushed in their car by a gunman.

more shocking, a mob then descended upon the hospital where they were taken, they tried to storm the emergency room.

how do you find a group of people
that sick, who are willing to do such a thing? blocking an emergency room? trying to prevent the life saving work done there?

time to go all Kent State on these jerks. they’re threatening lives, they need to be treated appropriately.

very sad that we’ve sunk this low. take the goddamn gloves off.

Mob ? It was 5 losers ... storming the emergency room ... really not sure were you get your information from.. then suggesting killing them. . Hard to be outraged then make outrageous statements .. you lose credibility
Old 09-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mob ? It was 5 losers ... storming the emergency room ... really not sure were you get your information from.. then suggesting killing them. . Hard to be outraged then make outrageous statements .. you lose credibility
it’s reported, and hasn’t been disputed that i know of, that they were telling we hope you die, and things like they’ll all die one at a time.

i’m making that up? i got that from CBS. not exactly a bunch of right wing nuts, are they?
Old 09-15-2020, 06:01 AM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim we are certain your fireman and chief will I’m sure resolve this, always smart to send in a career arsonist to put out a fire.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:09 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
it’s reported, and hasn’t been disputed that i know of, that they were telling we hope you die, and things like they’ll all die one at a time.

i’m making that up? i got that from CBS. not exactly a bunch of right wing nuts, are they?
Didn't you get your panties all in a bunch when I showed the quote from the empatheticless Sen. staffer to show the lack of empathy by Repubs? Isn't this the same? Or don't you remember what you did 5 days ago?
Old 09-15-2020, 07:11 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

empatheticless
that's a big non-word for you
Old 09-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

a career arsonist
quoting a demented old fool?
Old 09-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Why do you say "possibly"?
it's because these dummies get far more upset about career criminals who get drugged out, commit crimes and assault police and end up shot by police who are simply trying to contain them and get home safely to their families than they do about innocent American citizens beaten, killed or worse by their precious mob...they demonstrate it regularly so no surprise...
Old 09-15-2020, 07:47 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s a career criminal is in the White House
Old 09-15-2020, 07:52 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:

No one is agreeing with them .. just like the cruel and vile comments that regulious group wh heckeled and protested at service men and women's funerals who died in Iraq the majority of Americans found it disgusting.. and many said it was free speech...

And this has been the hypocrisy of conservatives over free speech and attacks on free speech only seem to happen to them.. but in cases like this I agree the speech is disgusting. They feel these people should be Taken care of .. cant have it both ways
Old 09-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #21
wdmso

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...they-fing-die/

Fanning the fire.. the 4 people you see in the photo are black but they weren't BLM protesters seem that flag belongs to some militia type group...

And breitbart the white audience falls in line. With comments like Someone needs to put them down like rabid animals. Or They are domestic terrorists. There should be no pity. They are triggered and empowered by Dems and lib media, who should be considered complicit.

This is the True face of Trumps party the rest who support this commentary quietly, their the silent majority , that Trump refers to .
Old 09-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Didn't you get your panties all in a bunch when I showed the quote from the empatheticless Sen. staffer to show the lack of empathy by Repubs? Isn't this the same? Or don't you remember what you did 5 days ago?
I forgot about the empatheticless nobody staffer, two seconds after you brought him up.

"Cops being ambushed every couple of days is no big deal. What is a big deal, is a senate staffer being a jerk.:

Here's the differenmce between me and you, between me and every liberal. I can say that the staffer was a jerk, and that the GOP needs to do better on healthcare. I agree with you. How many times do I have to say that, before it sinks in with you?

None of you can ever, nor will ever, say that your side is being reckless in stirring up cop hatred. You can't criticize your side. And you therefore assume I guess, that I can't criticize mine.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
I forgot about the empatheticless nobody staffer, two seconds after you brought him up.

"Cops being ambushed every couple of days is no big deal. What is a big deal, is a senate staffer being a jerk.:

Here's the differenmce between me and you, between me and every liberal. I can say that the staffer was a jerk, and that the GOP needs to do better on healthcare. I agree with you. How many times do I have to say that, before it sinks in with you?

None of you can ever, nor will ever, say that your side is being reckless in stirring up cop hatred. You can't criticize your side. And you therefore assume I guess, that I can't criticize mine.
I don't think rioters, 1 (or 5?) idiots at a hospital or the Sen. staffer where right but why do you think people here have to comment on every post?

"My side" is not stirring up cop hatred. It is not Dems. doing that. I think if anything "My side" is Joe Biden and he has made it clear rioting or shooting at a cop is wrong.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

I'm sure nothing is going on in Compton

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County sheriff's Compton patrol station "has been permeated" by a violent deputy gang called the "Executioners," according to a new legal claim.

What stands out in this complaint is that it was filed by an LASD deputy, Art Gonzalez, who worked at the Compton station for five years.

The filing comes as Loyola Law School's Center for Juvenile Law and Policy releases a new report detailing what it calls a persistent pattern of deputy gangs violating the rights of citizens and engaging in excessive force.

Deputy Gonzalez claims that prospective members win admission to the group when they are involved in a shooting and that they celebrate with "inking" parties. A recruit gets tattooed with the "Executioner" logo -- a laughing skeleton holding an AK-47 and wearing a Nazi-style helmet.

"They're going to frankly, kill and injure people that should never have been shot but for them wanting to join a gang and that's how you do it. You get into the gang by shooting people," says Gonzalez's attorney Alan Romero.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva denies some of the allegations, but states that he is the first sheriff to impose a policy forbidding such groups.

"First of all, there is no gang of deputies running any station right now," says Villanueva, who added that unspecified administrative steps are being taken in Compton.

Loyola Law School professor and Los Angeles County Civilian Commission member Sean Kennedy says that deputy gangs have flourished in minority communities over the last five decades with successive sheriffs unwilling or unable to stop them.

"The net result is that the people in those communities end up being shot and stopped, their houses searched at a much greater rate than people in other communities, and it's all because the deputy gangs view themselves as at war with their community," Kennedy tells Eyewitness News.

Deputy Austreberto "Art" Gonzalez is a former U.S. Marine, decorated for his service in Iraq and Afghanistan. In 2018, he was awarded a Meritorious Conduct Silver Medal by the LASD for his actions helping to save the life of a 4-year-old boy who'd been shot in the head.

Gonzalez says the tipping point came when he was told of an alleged assault by an "Executioner" on a fellow deputy behind the parking lot of the Compton patrol station in February this year.

Gonzalez says he called a confidential tip line for LASD's Internal Affairs. To his shock, he says in the claim, the recorded call was almost immediately leaked to "Executioner" deputies.

"Within 48 hours, a recording of his supposedly anonymous call was leaked to the gang at the station," says attorney Romero.

Graffiti was scrawled at the station entrance to the parking lot keypad that read, "ART IS A RAT."

Compton deputies have been in the middle of several high-profile incidents, including a shootout last year between occupants of an armored SUV owned by rapper YG and the shooting death this June of 18-year-old Andres Guardado. Two deputies from the Compton station chased Guardado in Gardena and Deputy Miguel Vega shot the teen five times in the back. An attorney for Vega has said that Guardado reached for a gun and that Vega shot him in self-defense.

Evidence of the secret deputy pack first emerged in the wrongful death shooting case of Donta Taylor. Compton Deputy Samuel Aldama was forced to reveal his tattoo. Aldama said in a deposition that about twenty other deputies at the Compton station had the same tattoo.

"Skeletons, which is a symbol of death, there were flames coming out of Aldama's tattoos which symbolizes he's emerging from hell, there's an AK-47," says attorney John Sweeney, who deposed Aldama and obtained the photo of Aldama's tattoo.

Sweeney put up billboards of Aldama and his partner, looking for more potential victims. In his deposition, Aldama denied the group is a gang. The county settled the case before trial for $7 million.

"This is all taxpayer money, so yes, the taxpayers should be very worried," Sweeney tells Eyewitness News. "And criminal defense attorneys are going to be lining up making motions for new trials."

Last year, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors called for a report to detail all of the money that has been paid out in claims since 1990 "due to behavior by 'gang-like' groups within the Sheriff's Department." That report was completed by Los Angeles County Counsel, but it has not been made public. The county denied a Public Records Act request by Eyewitness News, stating that the report is confidential.

"The Inspector General gave me a ballpark estimate based on just public information that it's at least $50 million," says Professor Kennedy. "I think in reality it's got to be much, much more."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:

"My side" is not stirring up cop hatred. It is not Dems. doing that. I think if anything "My side" is Joe Biden and he has made it clear rioting or shooting at a cop is wrong.
I think that's bonkers, and completely proven false by current events. Your side cannot run anyone for president who doesn't get approval from Al Sharpton. I cannot grasp how you can say that with a straight face. It's as crazy as me saying that conservatives lead the way on caring about gays. I could say that, but that would make me a lunatic, because it's obviously not true. Similarly, a huge number of people have been stirred into frothing cop hatred because elected officials and lefties in the media, are telling them that cops are all a bunch of racist assassins.

Biden also said to room full of blacks, that Mitt Romney "want to put y'all back in chains". He can't say that, and then say he's opposed to the inevitable reaction. Can't have it both ways.

Mind boggling.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:

"My side" is not stirring up cop hatred.
that's hilarious
Old 09-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's hilarious
I honestly don't know how to respond to something that absurd. The earth isn't round, it's flat!

There's a reason why police unions, after decades of being staunch democrat supporters, are in some cases now supporting Trump.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #28
spence

Quote:

CBS is just saying what the tweet that was taken down by the police department that seems to have a habit of making things up said.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
CBS is just saying what the tweet that was taken down by the police department that seems to have a habit of making things up said.
CBS has a habit of making things up
Old 09-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
There's a reason why police unions, after decades of being staunch democrat supporters, are in some cases now supporting Trump.
Sure there is, it's because many people are looking for meaningful reforms (a lot of police unions don't want) and the majority will vote for Democrats.

Police unions largely supported Democrats because the Democratic politicians would give them favorable treatment so they wouldn't look weak on crime in the 70's and 80's. Now crime is considerably lower and (largely) because of social media & cell phone cameras more police abuses of authority are being exposed. Trump is the guy who says to rough them up and considers police killing "retribution."