Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #61
Sea Dangles

It sure makes me smile seeing our local group of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s all charged up about nothing. Liberal dreams from liberal fools.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #62
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Shoulda made an article of impeachment out of that too
No. It shouldn't.

It does show what a tremendous fraud and conman he remains.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #63
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Shoulda made an article of impeachment out of that too
probably, Should have arrested Pres. Trump.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #64
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It sure makes me smile seeing our local group of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s all charged up about nothing. Liberal dreams from liberal fools.
Do you think ripping off a charity is nothing?
Old 12-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Do you think ripping off a charity is nothing?
Do you think you are in our local group of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #66
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do you think you are in our local group of #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s?
I think you are a vile person.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Lindsey Graham is going on in the Senate hearing about how people who think Trump is an "idiot" can't be journalists or FBI agents if they ever express that thought out loud. I guess that doesn't apply to Republican senators.

Lindsey Graham@LindseyGrahamSC
Donald Trump gets his foreign policy from watching television - the Cartoon Network. #CNNDebate #ReadyToLead
8:34 PM · Sep 16, 2015

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #68
PaulS

does hypocrisy from the Repub. party surprise you anymore?
Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

The political theater unfolding in the Senate Judiciary Committee today is premised on the fantastical notion that the FBI investigated Trump to stop him from becoming president, which requires you to ignore the fact that the FBI released information about Clinton and not Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #70
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
does hypocrisy from the Repub. party surprise you anymore?
They are all unbelievable hypocrites and they are all high stepping it to Trumps will and the lemmings on this board echo the party line of the week. I applaud Pete for his enthusiasm, but to debate something that the other side will never see or admit to, IMHO is just time wasted.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
They are all unbelievable hypocrites and they are all high stepping it to Trumps will and the lemmings on this board echo the party line of the week. I applaud Pete for his enthusiasm, but to debate something that the other side will never see or admit to, IMHO is just time wasted.
this is really dumb....get a grip
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #72
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Every time somebody bitches about the hypocrisy of one party without acknowledging that it exists in equal numbers in the other party, sucks the IQ points right out of the board.

It really is the stupidest argument you can put forth. Been going on since this forums inception
Old 12-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Every time somebody bitches about the hypocrisy of one party without acknowledging that it exists in equal numbers in the other party, sucks the IQ points right out of the board.I would say you were correct up to the election of Pres. Trump and the surrender of the Repub. party to him.

It really is the stupidest argument you can put forth. Been going on since this forums inception
I think SD's postings are the stupidest since this forums inception.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #74
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
^^^^^^
Old 12-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #76
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I think you are a vile person.
Thanks for sharing

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #77
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, it’s not
Just doesn’t fit what the Trumplicans echo chamber pushes
Case in point Floridaman’s rally last night when he called the FBI scum
🍑🤡
The errors of omission are blatant. For one, it forgets to mention that Barr eats babies.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The errors of omission are blatant. For one, it forgets to mention that Barr eats babies.
#^&If you can’t convince them, confuse them.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #79
detbuch

Quote:
#^&If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
At least in this case, you practice what you preach.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Just wait till GW Bush and Obama meet for beers and do their joint interview shortly before the closing of the Senate trial.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
Just wait till GW Bush and Obama meet for beers and do their joint interview shortly before the closing of the Senate trial.
Could care less about what either of those two think.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #82
ReelinRod

Quote:
Remember the tell:

You don't need a "4-page letter" or blitz of interviews if the goal is to simply allow the DOJ's exhaustive work to speak for itself when it comes out.

People can read the Mueller Report or IG Report to get that.

Barr is up to something else.

If people would allow the IG report to "speak for itself" neither Barr or Durham would need to comment on it. Barr's comments were less about the actual IG report than trying to rein in absolutely ridiculous overreading of it and the insane and incorrect "conclusions" being drawn from it.

People are taking the IG report as the be-all-end-all conclusion about the "investigation of the Russia investigation" and a completely false narrative is emerging from that (which you have completely bought into). That's what Barr is rebutting, NOT the IG report . . . The report says all it COULD say; you are the one ignoring that fact and representing it saying things it does not say.

All Barr and Durham are saying is the IG's subordinate, limited investigation is NOT conclusive.

Barr said that the IG's purview was limited, he could only look at procedures and process within the DOJ and could only question people who were working at DOJ at the time of questioning.

Horowitz could not compel testimony or threaten charges . . . all he could do is ask a question and unless he independently knew of direct conflicting information, he registered that answer as the truth / fact and he was duty bound to report that answer as the truth / fact -- and those answers are what comprises his report . . . IOW, he is only relying on people's word.

That's plainly evident in Horowitz repeatedly saying he found no evidence of bias; people told him that did not act with bias and Horowitz had to accept that at face value and include that in his report, which is why he just said he DID NOT make an actual "finding" that there was no bias. He could not report that there was bias because nobody admitted they acted with bias was or told him there was bias.

Given your continued and evolving mischaracterizations of the report, your statement that we need to "let the report speak for itself" would be funny if it weren't so disingenuous which is why you are only deserving of ridicule.

Last edited by ReelinRod; 12-11-2019 at 02:04 PM..

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

At this Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Dianne Feinstein gets IG Michael Horowitz to confirm that there were numerous text messages between FBI agents who were pro-trump as well.

You'd have thought the FBI was one big ole' Hillary party!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

The IG report makes clear the FBI took steps -- detrimental to the investigation -- to keep things quiet so as not to tilt election scales.

But Comey went public on Clinton. Twice.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

The investigation into FBI leaks to Giuliani ahead of the 2016 investigation has taken longer that the time it took to complete both the Mueller investigation & the Ukraine hearings leading to articles of impeachment. According to the IG, the Giuliani investigation is ongoing.
Why is Barr sitting on that?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Horowitz remains resolute that the conspiracy theories are groundless. He does not, however, deliver a clean bill of health to the FBI either in the FISA process or, we now learn, in leaking anti-Clinton information.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Horowitz remains resolute that the conspiracy theories are groundless. He does not, however, deliver a clean bill of health to the FBI either in the FISA process or, we now learn, in leaking anti-Clinton information.
he went a lot further than not delivering a clean bull of health for the FISA applications. He said no one who touched FISA was vindicated, and that they uncovered “serious problems” with how the FBI suspended Pages civil rights.

Only a select few, motivated by a desire to deny any facts that paint the left in any negative light, could
read that and say Horowitz fell
short of delivering a clean bill of health.

Falling short of the ideal is one thing. Multiple serious problems is something different.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he went a lot further than not delivering a clean bull of health for the FISA applications. He said no one who touched FISA was vindicated, and that they uncovered “serious problems” with how the FBI suspended Pages civil rights.

Only a select few, motivated by a desire to deny any facts that paint the left in any negative light, could

Falling short of the ideal is one thing. Multiple serious problems is something different.
There is no conspiracy that he found, or any indication of one.
What was done affected both campaigns to some extent and the Clinton campaign prior to the election, thru Comey's statements and the NY office leaks, that both damaged Clinton's election opportunity.

But Floridaman needs to be able to remove Russian sanctions in order to pay his debt for the last election and make his down payment for this one.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #89
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Noise, yes I’m happy problems were found and hopefully they will be addressed. The race in 2016 and the current impeachment is about a candidate and now current president welcoming, encouraging and even attempting to use military aid as a bargaining chip in helping him in our elections. Ignore the noise the issue is foreign interference in our elections.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
There is no conspiracy that he found, or any indication of one.
What was done affected both campaigns to some extent and the Clinton campaign prior to the election, thru Comey's statements and the NY office leaks, that both damaged Clinton's election opportunity.

But Floridaman needs to be able to remove Russian sanctions in order to pay his debt for the last election and make his down payment for this one.
he found zero evidence of a
politically motivated conspiracy. He did find a large number of serious and basic errors in the FBIs attempt to spy on the Trump campaign. Maybe it was politically motivated, maybe the FBI always made serious and fundamental
mistakes, neither you nor i know which is the case. What we do know, is that according to Horowitz, serious and fundamental
mistakes were made when asking to suspend the civil
rights of an american citizen.

Does that concern you?