Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Bush was too busy increasing the size of the entitlement

I think you need some reforms that can offset the impact of just cutting costs. This, if done right, might gain efficiencies that can offset the cuts without hurting the level of service.

-spence

Obama's HC will be one of the biggest entitlement plans ever and at the same time will take away another of your Freedoms of Choice by requiring you to have it.
While i didn't agree with a lot of Bush's policies, especially the spending, your
It's getting old. I thought we were turning a new page? Where is the CHANGE in spending?

Obama has had 8 months to cut spending, and the only thing he's done is spend, spend, spend.
Where are the cuts??? Spending cuts are more important now,
with the economy the way it is, then ever before.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Obama's HC will be one of the biggest entitlement plans ever and at the same time will take away another of your Freedoms of Choice by requiring you to have it.
I plan to have healthcare for my family, so how is this limiting my freedom?

Quote:
While i didn't agree with a lot of Bush's policies, especially the spending, your
It's getting old. I thought we were turning a new page? Where is the CHANGE in spending?
Did you really expect Obama to take office and start slashing the Federal budget?

He's talking cuts now as a measure to gain bi-partisan support.

-spence
Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
FishermanTim

What about him being late for a "scheduled" televised press conference?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I plan to have healthcare for my family, so how is this limiting my freedom?

He's talking cuts now as a measure to gain bi-partisan support.

-spence
You may or may not have planned on HC for your family, but NOW you'll have no freedom of choice.

Yes Spence, I wasn't born yesterday, I'm well aware of his and other's political games.
Unfortunate, they weren't elected by the American people to play games.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
You may or may not have planned on HC for your family, but NOW you'll have no freedom of choice.
I don't think the actual law is going to limit my choices all that much. Considering the health insurance we have today, which costs in excess of 13K really sucks...I'm note one who's happy with their present coverage.

Quote:
Yes Spence, I wasn't born yesterday, I'm well aware of his and other's political games.
Unfortunate, they weren't elected by the American people to play games.
It's all part of the negotiation process

-spence
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Once it starts it'll never turn back

Its just 40 million more people on a federal assistance (40 million more votes for the democrats) program by any other name is welfare. Do you actually believe for one minute once the program starts it would be stopped because taxes need to be raised to pay for it?

I remember some pretty nasty moments when Bush was speaking. I can't believe that anyone thinks he is being truthful.

I wonder how many special little money projects for the repub's who vote for this are attached to this bill.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post

I remember some pretty nasty moments when Bush was speaking. I can't believe that anyone thinks he is being truthful.
It's funny how this is such a big deal, but when Bush was giving his State of the Union Address in 2005, it was perfectly fine for the Democrats (Pelosi included) to boo and heckle him. I wouldn't say that there's a double standard, but to me is seems like there might be 2 different standards depending on which party you support.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
It's funny how this is such a big deal, but when Bush was giving his State of the Union Address in 2005, it was perfectly fine for the Democrats (Pelosi included) to boo and heckle him. I wouldn't say that there's a double standard, but to me is seems like there might be 2 different standards depending on which party you support.
heck·ling: To try to embarrass and annoy (someone speaking or performing in public) by questions, gibes, or objections; badger.

It's ok to boo, but it's a breach of decorum to heckle. Big difference, not a double standard. John McCain said what he did was inexcusable.